• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What is up with the driving in this game?

User Info: Bo-Dacious

Bo-Dacious
2 months ago#1
So I'm trying to do the second quest (I forget the name, the one you get on the pier) and the car wont go in manual. I tell it to go to the quest and it keeps going to my marker. When I move the marker to the quest, it doesnt move. I try to take over driving and the guy keeps doing a u turn. I've wasted over half my gas (stupid mechanic) going back and forth. The quest is on the side of a mountain and I dont know how to get up there and I dont have much gas left. So where do I go to get up that cliff, why is the driving so frustratingly stupid, and what happens when I run out of gas? Answer those 3 questions and I'll be...slightly less angry. This game is already making me not want to play it.

Thanks guys

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
2 months ago#2
You haven’t even run out of gas yet? And it’s ridiculously cheap too. You’ll be fine, assuming you haven’t already advanced.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.

Bo-Dacious
2 months ago#3
No I just started. I'm not worried about the price, I'm worried about not being able to make it to a gas station. If I run out of gas, what do I do? Do you know of a map with all the gas stations online?

Thanks

User Info: Archmonk Iga

Archmonk Iga
2 months ago#4
If you can't make it to a gas station I believe Cindy will tow it for a price. And really, avoid the manual driving. Just have Ignis drive, it's way more reliable. For this one, you may need to hike a ways as often times the car can only get you so far. Have you gotten chocobos yet? That should help too. What is the quest called, by the way?
If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been. -Jadzia Dax

User Info: m_berkes

m_berkes
2 months ago#5
You seem unnecessarily angry given the quest you're on. You can't drive to the marker - Ignis will drive you close, and then you hike from there. It requires crossing a stone/land bridge and is a 30 second run from the parking spot to the location. It's really not anything to get stressed over.

Bo-Dacious
2 months ago#6
I forget the name of the quest. I went back on to check but then I found the bridge.

I was getting frustrated at the driving. He kept doing u turns over and over and I was worried I'd run out of gas. But yes, I do get annoyed at these things a little too easily.

Thanks

User Info: m_berkes

m_berkes
2 months ago#7
He kept doing u-turns because you kept pressing the u-turn button haha. I think you'll notice if you let Ignis drive, he will drive where you specified :)

Bo-Dacious
2 months ago#8
No, really. I swear I wasnt hitting the u turn button. I'm aware of it and my thumb wasnt on any of the shape buttons while he did that. I'm not sure if it was a bug or if he was trying to drive somewhere I didnt want to go because something I did (probably the latter). And does anyone know why it never let's me select manual driving other than the first time I drove it? "Manual" is always greyed out and wont let me select it. Anyway, I appreciate your advice.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
2 months ago#9
Bo-Dacious posted...
And does anyone know why it never let's me select manual driving other than the first time I drove it?

There's a point in the early game where you aren't allowed to drive manually for a while - after Ignis takes it back from your "test drive" and he says something about "best if I take over for a while." I don't recall how long it lasts (edit - maybe when you reach Chapt. 3?) because I almost always just let him drive anyway since manual (on Regalia) is still on rails anyway.

When you can drive manual again Ignis will brief-cutscene nag nag nag if you try to drive at night. Once you're level 30 Ignis goes "you're cool now" and you can manual whenever w/no nagging.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What is up with the driving in this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer
How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
Unable to level up? General1 Answer