• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Beating ifrit strategies?

User Info: Bo-Dacious

Bo-Dacious
4 weeks ago#1
Hey guys, I just finished the tutorial and I'm looking at the trophies and I have to beat ifrit on normal mode. What is the level of difficulty here? Can you guys give me some strategies on defeating him? I'm brand new to the game so please explain anything I may not know.

Thanks guys

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
4 weeks ago#2
If you JUST finished the tutorial it means you have barely played the game. You have a long way to go until you encounter Ifrit.

The game is piss easy and the healing system of the game is completely busted. You can pretty much finish the entire game by holding O, Square and spamming potions, hi potions and elixirs when needed. Hell the game doesn't even let you die cause when your max HP reaches 0 the game gives you 10 seconds to use a phoenix down, so it's LITERALLY impossible to get a game over unless you let yourself get one on purpose.

So stop stressing, this game doesn't have "strategies" when it comes to story bosses and enemies. Everything in the story is a walk in the park.

You'll need strategies for things like Max Angelus-0 or costlemark tower, but that's post game s***. Come back when you've finished the game.
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#3
NeithOF posted...
If you JUST finished the tutorial it means you have barely played the game. You have a long way to go until you encounter Ifrit.

The game is piss easy and the healing system of the game is completely busted. You can pretty much finish the entire game by holding O, Square and spamming potions, hi potions and elixirs when needed. Hell the game doesn't even let you die cause when your max HP reaches 0 the game gives you 10 seconds to use a phoenix down, so it's LITERALLY impossible to get a game over unless you let yourself get one on purpose.

So stop stressing, this game doesn't have "strategies" when it comes to story bosses and enemies. Everything in the story is a walk in the park.

You'll need strategies for things like Max Angelus-0 or costlemark tower, but that's post game s***. Come back when you've finished the game.

No you cant get by just holding O unless you plan on burning through a s*** ton of healing items. Game is easy though im not debating that.

I did lose to the final boss my first time cause I tried the just holding O idea without healing.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
4 weeks ago#4
mooreandrew58 posted...
NeithOF posted...

No you cant get by just holding O unless you plan on burning through a s*** ton of healing items. Game is easy though im not debating that.

I did lose to the final boss my first time cause I tried the just holding O idea without healing.

Did you miss the part where i said "and Square", which pretty much dodges 95% of all enemy attacks of all enemies you encounter during the story?
Also "burning through a ton of healing items"? healing items are EVERYWHERE and can also be bought for dirt cheap, you can pretty much get x99 potions 2 hours into the game.
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#5
NeithOF posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
NeithOF posted...

did you miss the part where i said "and Square", which pretty much dodges 95% of all enemy attacks of all enemies you encounter during the story?

Sorry im half a asleep and did skim.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
4 weeks ago#6
Everything NeithOf said.

Adding to that, just do some "side questing" during the game and you'll quickly outlevel the game's final boss, whose recommended level was around 45-48.

The game was directed by a guy whose mission it was to make the game as easy and accessible as possible, don't sweat it.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
4 weeks ago#7
If you're playing normally, by the time you reach Ifrit you are probably way overlevelled, so no sweat. Otherwise if you're doing something like lvl 1, or 0 STR, you'll probably want a few tips.

First phase in the chair, simply jump over the floor fire waves and air combo him. He can't grab you out of the air while doing floor fire, just make sure to get back on ground in time to avoid being air grabbed. Repeat until second phase begins.

Second phase, Ifrit periodically dips into Fire Mode where damage is pretty much negated. If he does a grab on your teammates, use a long-distance Warp Strike so it has good break value to free your teammate, otherwise when Ifrit crushes them they will die bypassing Danger and you will have to Phoenix Down (fun fact, on base patch very first time I played this battle, when Ifrit crushed a teammate, Noctis actually died, still have the video). If Ifrit grabs Noctis, he will throw him into the air and you can counter with a QTE. One of the coolest moments in the game, the whole battle is the Kingsglaive-esque fight you want from the movie.

What you're looking to do is connect with a good blindside or parry so it knocks Ifrit on to his knees and then you can wail on him for a moment while he's vulnerable. Armiger Unleashed has mixed results due to Ifrit's Fire Mode.

Eventually when his HP gets towards critical you should get the option to QTE finish him with a bros finish before the big summon ender. Hilariously first time I played I completely bypassed the QTE even appearing, so it was a nice surprise next run.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: Archmonk Iga

Archmonk Iga
4 weeks ago#8
mooreandrew58 posted...
NeithOF posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
NeithOF posted...

did you miss the part where i said "and Square", which pretty much dodges 95% of all enemy attacks of all enemies you encounter during the story?

Sorry im half a asleep and did skim.

I didn't skim but my thumb is too short to hold down both circle and square without getting achy.
If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been. -Jadzia Dax

User Info: Bo-Dacious

Bo-Dacious
4 weeks ago#9
Ok awesome. But what is air combo and qte? I dont remember those from the tutorial.

Thank you for the help everyone

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
4 weeks ago#10
Bo-Dacious posted...
Ok awesome. But what is air combo and qte? I dont remember those from the tutorial.

Thank you for the help everyone

Just attack in the air to air combo. By default, Noctis can do three strikes with a sword weapon, a downwards-cleave with a greatsword, or a couple of air stabs with a polearm. Basically, you jump over Ifrit's floor fire, do three hits in the air, drop to the ground, do a few hits on the ground, and then jump over the fire once you see his hand wave and then repeat.

QTE is short for Quick-Time Event. Basically whenever a button flashes up on screen and you have to press it in the time limit, or mash the button to fill up a circular bar.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Beating ifrit strategies?
  • Post New Message