• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is Gladio one of the worst party members of all time?

User Info: Jerry_Hellyeah

Jerry_Hellyeah
3 months ago#51
People hate Gladio because they also want to do nothing, not have a job, and eat chicken tenders while moping around all day, and cant stand the thought of being yelled at for it.
This is a cool sig

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
3 months ago#52
PamPam5 posted...
Literaly tell me a reason of why Gladio shouldnt be kicked out of the party.
Gladio hates Noctis, and just likes to see him suffer is a bully.
T O U G H L O V E

Gladio gave Noctis time to accept it and when Noctis started to slip into self pity, Gladio figured a verbal kick in the ass would fire Noctis up and motivate him again. Plus, it's probably frustrating seeing him constantly mope while Gladio quickly got over the death of his father. Plus Gladio's a beast in combat, especially when playing as him. He actually respects Noctis and is one of the reasons why Noct is such a capable fighter.
I had a god damned P L A N

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
3 months ago#53
Kaz13 posted...
PamPam5 posted...
Literaly tell me a reason of why Gladio shouldnt be kicked out of the party.
Gladio hates Noctis, and just likes to see him suffer is a bully.
T O U G H L O V E

Gladio gave Noctis time to accept it and when Noctis started to slip into self pity, Gladio figured a verbal kick in the ass would fire Noctis up and motivate him again. Plus, it's probably frustrating seeing him constantly mope while Gladio quickly got over the death of his father. Plus Gladio's a beast in combat, especially when playing as him. He actually respects Noctis and is one of the reasons why Noct is such a capable fighter.

And with just that, he’s essentially better than oodles of party members before him. Mainly in 9.

The Prompto haters certainly like him for that face shove.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
3 months ago#54
It bothers me that they never really patch things up...

Ignis tells both of them to STFU but Gladio is clearly still not on the same page. But then this "fight" is never mentioned again.

Kaz13
3 months ago#55
Relinquished posted...
And with just that, he’s essentially better than oodles of party members before him. Mainly in 9.

The Prompto haters certainly like him for that face shove.
Not gonna lie, I smiled and nodded at that. Virgin vs Chad meme in action.

WhiteZeus posted...
It bothers me that they never really patch things up...

Ignis tells both of them to STFU but Gladio is clearly still not on the same page. But then this "fight" is never mentioned again.
By the time they reach Zegnautus, Gladio's cracking wise again and they both get over it. Its what guys do. No need for them to bring up old stuff.

User Info: Aurora-Silver

Aurora-Silver
3 months ago#56
At first I was mad at Gladi for yelling at Noct like this. I think, everyone has his own pace in coping and so did Noct. Gladio is quite the impulsive type. Just seeing how loudly he yells if you accidently hit him in battle...

Well, he has always been the impulsive type...
Tbh he was my first fave when I had the Game, but he got less and less interesting and rather annoying...

First I thought it was a dick move what he did to Noct, then again, he was only stating the truth. Lets say, I do comprehend both Noct and Gladio. Noctis often fell into moping and self-pitying and I comprehend this must, sometime, reach a limit.
You can follow my Artworks here: https://www.deviantart.com/aurora-silver
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
3 months ago#57
Hes a big oaf bully with little redeeming features. He seems to be loyal and brave to protect his friends though. He's basically that guy in your group who's an ass, but he will have your back if stuff goes down. Like in the beginning when ardyn rolled up gladio caught the coin he flipped and sized him up.
"All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die." Necron(FF9)
"People are not moved by logic." -Mithos(TOS)

Kaz13
3 months ago#58
PS4TW posted...
Hes a big oaf bully with little redeeming features. He seems to be loyal and brave to protect his friends though. He's basically that guy in your group who's an ass, but he will have your back if stuff goes down. Like in the beginning when ardyn rolled up gladio caught the coin he flipped and sized him up.
Noctis and prolly Ignis can whoop his ass or fight toe to toe with him, and both stood up to him when he got pissed. How's he a bully? Again, Gladio was motivating his mans so he doesn't become another Prompto.

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
3 months ago#59
Kaz13 posted...
PS4TW posted...
Noctis and prolly Ignis can whoop his ass or fight toe to toe with him, and both stood up to him when he got pissed. How's he a bully? Again, Gladio was motivating his mans so he doesn't become another Prompto.

I thought in the train scene he overstepped a little. Noctis wasn’t even acting that mopey and gladiol got physical with him. He uses his size and strength to intimidate or motivate. Also I doubt iggy takes him one on one. Playing the dlc I get the sense that Gladio is about as formidable of a fighter that exists outside of Ardyn and post crystal noctis
"All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die." Necron(FF9)
"People are not moved by logic." -Mithos(TOS)

Kaz13
3 months ago#60
PS4TW posted...
I thought in the train scene he overstepped a little. Noctis wasn’t even acting that mopey and gladiol got physical with him. He uses his size and strength to intimidate or motivate. Also I doubt iggy takes him one on one. Playing the dlc I get the sense that Gladio is about as formidable of a fighter that exists outside of Ardyn and post crystal noctis
Iggy fought Ravus to a draw. Without the ring or Gilgamesh upgrades. I think he'll be fine against Gladio. Also, listen to what Gladio says: paraphrased: "She died for you! Your father died for this ring! You're sitting around moping instead of doing your duty. Plenty of other people have it worse! Look at Ignis!"
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is Gladio one of the worst party members of all time?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Unable to level up? General1 Answer
Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer