• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is Gladio one of the worst party members of all time?

User Info: PamPam5

PamPam5
4 weeks ago#1
He's so f***ing unlikeable, like after chapter 9 he becomes a huge dick and he's useless in combat.
Honestly i feel like the whole point of Gladio was to make gay guys buy the game tbh.

Here's my top 5 of s*** party members:

1. Gladio (Final Fantasy XV)
2. Leander (Ni No Kuni 2)
3. Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)
4. Polka (Eternal Sonata)
5. Fiore (Star Ocean 5)

I'm sure RPG devs will not be able to top this character dickness, he's proably the least favourite party member ever.

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
4 weeks ago#2
I remeber he said to Noctis taking care of him is his JOB...

So i thought there was gonna be some plot about Noctis being "upset" this his friends are not really his friends cuz they are "forced" to be there but actually they really are friends.

But a plot like that didn't happen so it was just a douche line from Gladio for no reason.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
4 weeks ago#3
*spoilers*

On one hand that scene in chapter 9 is one of the main reasons a lot of people have gripes with Gladio. On the other hand, it's does mention it has been several WEEKS. I've gone through loss before and I've had a moment as rage fuelled as the conversation between Noctis and Gladio. So emphasising with it I can do. I can also see Gladio's point. Yes Noct should have time to mourn, but if it has been several weeks, well given how they need to stay on the move it really isn't the time for Noct to be standing still lamenting his loss. At the end of the day, Noctis is meant to be a leader to his people, so no wonder the King's Shield would be annoyed at Noct feeling sorry all day, Noctis is not the only one suffering. But it is mysterious Gladio and Iris basically never mourn their father, Hell honestly Noctis seems to care more with his line in chapter 4 "Hey Gladio, your father? I'm grateful to him".

Of course on the flip side, it doesn't help that the one thing that painstakingly finally made its way into Noct's hands, instantly causes him trauma from seeing it. It really doesn't help that The Ring of the Lucii is basically a reminder of his dead father and dead fiancee. It super doesn't help that they obviously did not design these scenes with Episode Ignis in mind so it feels even more out of whack because I feel that if Noct was made aware of Ignis' sacrifice he may have reclaimed his strength sooner and not be mopey Noct.

Chapter 9 just seems to be designed with the idea of exploring the group's building tensions and how they deal with these tough times, but some of it seems very forced. Anyways, as a party member Gladio is fine, he may be annoying in a couple of chapters, but otherwise he's a loyal friend and does his job great. He covers Noct from attacks, has the highest HP, his combat style when you use him is simple and effective (just guards and counters to push Rage to x4), and has some of my favourite link-strikes in the game.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: _MorningStar

_MorningStar
4 weeks ago#4
PamPam5 posted...
3. Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)

f***ing fight me irl
http://i.imgur.com/UM1VO2V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fd6WS3f.jpg

User Info: GGG100

GGG100
4 weeks ago#5
_MorningStar posted...
f***ing fight me irl

Yeah, what an ass.

User Info: PamPam5

PamPam5
4 weeks ago#6
Literaly tell me a reason of why Gladio shouldnt be kicked out of the party.
Gladio hates Noctis, and just likes to see him suffer is a bully.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: shababboss

shababboss
4 weeks ago#7
Calm down. It's been few weeks and he was trying to get him back on his feet. It was a bit aggressive but he was mostly pissed at Ignis's condition than anything else.

It could have been like Noctis was pretty shaken up by his loss then he failed to acknowledge what Ignis did for him. It also could have been his own guilt of failing to save Noct and Ignis that he lashed out.

Also, Sheena is the best female member of Symphonia fym

User Info: Archmonk Iga

Archmonk Iga
4 weeks ago#8
PamPam5 posted...

This is a little over the top. Hates Noctis? Nah. Did you skip all the cutscenes?

He's the bodyguard. There is the reason you "literally" asked for.
If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been. -Jadzia Dax

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
4 weeks ago#9
Gladio was mad at Noct there, but that's about it. Most of the time they're all friends, with a few instances of them getting genuinely angry at someone as is normal for people(even the bestest of friends may have one instance or two where they get mad at each other). That said, if it really was a few weeks...yea, Noctis still being down might give cause for Gladio to lash out. *cough*especially given how utterly non-existent Luna was throughout their lives*cough*
PamPam5 posted...

He doesn't bully Noctis. It's called tough love.
I liked Gladio.
Currently playing: Bloodborne, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, and LittleBigPlanet.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is Gladio one of the worst party members of all time?
  • Post New Message