• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is new game plus still garbage? Or did they finally let you not carry your level

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
3 months ago#41
kewldude475 posted...
Also gat dayum at doing a whole level 1 run just to begin with, I don't think it's worth it t do all that, SE just shoulda known to let us restart our level.

If you're already familiar with the game it's not that much work to just go through the story as a lvl-1 run. It's really not that much harder, outside of a few fights, and since you're not interested in leveling in a lvl1, a lot of sidequests can be skipped or saved for later playthrus. Just gotta save all your gil for the souped up version of the Equalizer food + lots of potions for the tougher battles. Once you have the Ring, you can just spam it through Menace dungeons and V2 suit farming (if you want those) to get certain gear items. Toughest stuff would be the newer Omega and a couple of the story fights and ofc grinding the AP.

That said, it's not like a single-day thing. Maybe 3-14 days depending on hours per day and obsessive dedication etc. I do agree they should've had more options (including a "hard" difficulty to scale enemies higher) but they chose not to, and never will at this point, so if you seriously want to do what you state you want, it's possible it's the only way. Only have to do it once then you can just use the resulting save forever.

WhiteZeus posted...
Can you forward me this mod? I'm thinking about doing another run but i wanna use AU from the start and not oneshot everything...

*looks up the forums rules* -- I don't see anything about single-player game cheats, just online/multiplayer, but to be safe I'll PM you and Blair85 the link.

The mod increases enemy level, which is basically their HP's. You can also alter enemy melee and magical damage (obvious) and defense modifiers (decreases Noct and co's damage, if you never want to do 9999 dmg again ha) if you wish but I usually don't touch those. Effects are global - can't alter enemy groups individually - so finding the right multiplier one likes can be a little tricky. I tend to use a blanket setting of 3-4 overall, using the higher level dropship common enemies as a battle-time gauge, but you can put it higher for start of game and then drop it down later if you want.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic

User Info: kewldude475

kewldude475
3 months ago#42
KrankyKat posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Also gat dayum at doing a whole level 1 run just to begin with, I don't think it's worth it t do all that, SE just shoulda known to let us restart our level.

If you're already familiar with the game it's not that much work to just go through the story as a lvl-1 run. It's really not that much harder, outside of a few fights, and since you're not interested in leveling in a lvl1, a lot of sidequests can be skipped or saved for later playthrus. Just gotta save all your gil for the souped up version of the Equalizer food + lots of potions for the tougher battles. Once you have the Ring, you can just spam it through Menace dungeons and V2 suit farming (if you want those) to get certain gear items. Toughest stuff would be the newer Omega and a couple of the story fights and ofc grinding the AP.

That said, it's not like a single-day thing. Maybe 3-14 days depending on hours per day and obsessive dedication etc. I do agree they should've had more options (including a "hard" difficulty to scale enemies higher) but they chose not to, and never will at this point, so if you seriously want to do what you state you want, it's possible it's the only way. Only have to do it once then you can just use the resulting save forever.

WhiteZeus posted...
Can you forward me this mod? I'm thinking about doing another run but i wanna use AU from the start and not oneshot everything...

*looks up the forums rules* -- I don't see anything about single-player game cheats, just online/multiplayer, but to be safe I'll PM you and Blair85 the link.

The mod increases enemy level, which is basically their HP's. You can also alter enemy melee and magical damage (obvious) and defense modifiers (decreases Noct and co's damage, if you never want to do 9999 dmg again ha) if you wish but I usually don't touch those. Effects are global - can't alter enemy groups individually - so finding the right multiplier one likes can be a little tricky. I tend to use a blanket setting of 3-4 overall, using the higher level dropship common enemies as a battle-time gauge, but you can put it higher for start of game and then drop it down later if you want.

Or... someone at SE coulda spent 5 minutes giving you the option to start at level 1 for new game plus. I’ve already put like 100-200 hours into FFXV I ain’t tryna go through a level 1 run, or do all the challenging side missions to get the items I had before at level 1.
http://i.imgur.com/cHoFFAL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ObkNHKb.png

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
3 months ago#43
kewldude475 posted...

Or... someone at SE coulda spent 5 minutes giving you the option to start at level 1 for new game plus. I’ve already put like 100-200 hours into FFXV I ain’t tryna go through a level 1 run, or do all the challenging side missions to get the items I had before at level 1.

I think we all generally agree (Kranky even said as much in the post you replied to), but there's no point in complaining about it anymore. They've already moved on from the game, so even if they ever did read these forums, they aren't anymore, so giving that kind of feedback is pointless now

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
3 months ago#44
kewldude475 posted...

I don't think anyone would argue that they couldn't have given the option if all you're looking for is agreement in that regard. But they didn't and aren't going to. So either you suck it up and use one of the suggestions to achieve what you want, or you don't play the way you want. Up to you. No need to think people don't get it. We get it. You just aren't going to get what you want is all. Be proactive with workarounds or ... don't be. :)

Or I suppose you can hope that 5-10 years from now they release a new and "remade"/new content version of the game where they include that option.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic

kewldude475
3 months ago#45
Blair85 posted...
kewldude475 posted...

I think we all generally agree (Kranky even said as much in the post you replied to), but there's no point in complaining about it anymore. They've already moved on from the game, so even if they ever did read these forums, they aren't anymore, so giving that kind of feedback is pointless now

KrankyKat posted...
kewldude475 posted...

I don't think anyone would argue that they couldn't have given the option if all you're looking for is agreement in that regard. But they didn't and aren't going to. So either you suck it up and use one of the suggestions to achieve what you want, or you don't play the way you want. Up to you. No need to think people don't get it. We get it. You just aren't going to get what you want is all. Be proactive with workarounds or ... don't be. :)

Or I suppose you can hope that 5-10 years from now they release a new and "remade"/new content version of the game where they include that option.

Fair enough. It just is coming off as people making excuses/criticizing me for not just doing "workarounds" like beating the whole dang-ole game at level 1, the way the posts are worded. I made this topic to actually inquire if SE had fixed the new game plus as I legitimately did not know if they had, and I'm still baffled that, for how convenient and well designed the game is for the most part, that SE would leave that out. I think we can all mostly agree that gameplay-wise, Square did a great job with having/patching in great quality-of-life features in the game, so it's absolutely baffling to me that they didn't have a Bravely Default-esque NG+ where you can choose if you wanna carry over items, levels, equipment etc. And part of me was hoping that maybe someone at SE would see this topic (they gotta get gamer feedback from somewhere, right?) and spend 5 minutes making a patch to let you start at level 1 if you want. To me that would tremendously extend the replay value of the game, for only 5 minutes of work, and just a modicum of concern for how good the NG+ is.

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
3 months ago#46
I disagree with the game being "well designed for the most part", but opinions. I also didn't remember any main-series FFs having NG+, though now I vaguely remember X-2s(never played 4DS and haven't started Zodiac Age, so didn't know about those). This games been abandoned for several months at this point though, so even on the very low chance a dev bothered to look here, it's unlikely they'd care to do anything, if they even could(probably wouldn't necessarily be up to them, but the higher-ups...who're the ones who had them stop).

It's also possible they wouldn't think the NG+ needs "fixing". NG+ is typically meant to allow you to steamroll through the game again with everything you had at the end of the game prior. Perhaps it is more common than I'd think, but currently can't think of many occurences where people prefer to start NG+ at lower levels if given the chance.

Expecting the topic questions answer to be any different from when you asked last year was expecting a bit too much, honestly. Took over a year(?) or so for the Royal Edition to be made, which improved some of the complaints of the base game, though not nearly enough IMO...if NG+ wasn't changed during that/shortly after, it certainly wouldn't be almost 3 years after the game was released.

kewldude475
3 months ago#47
OverlordDeath posted...
I disagree with the game being "well designed for the most part", but opinions.
I also didn't remember any main-series FFs having NG+, though now I vaguely remember X-2s(never played 4DS and haven't started Zodiac Age, so didn't know about those). This games been abandoned for several months at this point though, so even on the very low chance a dev bothered to look here, it's unlikely they'd care to do anything, if they even could(probably wouldn't necessarily be up to them, but the higher-ups...who're the ones who had them stop).

I guess superbutterbunz can explain what I mean better than I can here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaLUbAq93N0&t=11m8s

Watch from 11:08-11:51 she explains exactly what I mean about the game design choices being convenient and preventing frustration

It's also possible they wouldn't think the NG+ needs "fixing". NG+ is typically meant to allow you to steamroll through the game again with everything you had at the end of the game prior. Perhaps it is more common than I'd think, but currently can't think of many occurences where people prefer to start NG+ at lower levels if given the chance.

NG+ is about experiencing the story again but keeping all your awesome abilities so that you don't have to be bored during early game using a character much less fun to use than the one you have in endgame. And the fun of that is taken out of that when you just one shot everything anyways without getting to use your cool new abilities. If I get a upgrade from a Honda to a Ferrari, I wanna be able to use it for more than one second.

Expecting the topic questions answer to be any different from when you asked last year was expecting a bit too much, honestly. Took over a year(?) or so for the Royal Edition to be made, which improved some of the complaints of the base game, though not nearly enough IMO...if NG+ wasn't changed during that/shortly after, it certainly wouldn't be almost 3 years after the game was released.

Wow you remember that? Interesting. But a year later I was hoping that maybe they fixed it.

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
3 months ago#48
Didn't remember, just searched a bit cuz it was mentioned that this was a huge issue before too and I didn't really believe it. Anyways, almost everyone agrees the option should've been there(I've even said that it should be a standard thing for games that have NG+), and while I personally don't see the lack of it as a big deal, nothing to be done about it.

kewldude475
3 months ago#49
I don't think it's a big deal, I've played so much FFXV already I'm not too worried about it, but if they fixed NG+ I'd definitely play through the story again immediately, and would probably play it again even after that. But yea it's not a big deal, like you said, because I can always just play other games lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is new game plus still garbage? Or did they finally let you not carry your level
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer
Unable to level up? General1 Answer