• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Help me: quest Crestholm Channels

User Info: aloy181992

aloy181992
5 months ago#1
I wanted to know if the dungeon Crestholm Channels could be done from the beginning of the game or it is blocked and you can't go there. Let me know

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
5 months ago#2
aloy181992 posted...
I wanted to know if the dungeon Crestholm Channels could be done from the beginning of the game or it is blocked and you can't go there. Let me know

I'm going completely from memory, but iirc, there is nothing that will keep you from getting in. The enemies might be a little tough that early, but you can beat anything in the game at lvl 1 with enough skill

User Info: aloy181992

aloy181992
5 months ago#3
Blair85 posted...
aloy181992 posted...

I'm going completely from memory, but iirc, there is nothing that will keep you from getting in. The enemies might be a little tough that early, but you can beat anything in the game at lvl 1 with enough skill

So you can go as far as the start of the game in Crestholm Channels or I have to do some particular mission before having access to that dungeon. Or you can go freely. Let me know

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
5 months ago#4
TLDR: yes

Longer answer:

You can enter the first part of almost any dungeon in the game whenever you want (I call those the "topside" dungeons - they are the better designed/more effort put into them, ones), although ofc some can't be accessed until you've reached the 2nd main open area of the game (chapt 3). Some later ones also have time of day restrictions.

You cannot enter the Menace aspect of the dungeon (or any Menace - the large ornate doors you'll encounter in some/most dungeons) until completing main story questline/post-game/you have a quest from someone (who only shows up in post-game).

At least one of the quest-related dungeons in Chapt 3+ does not open until you reach that point in the storyline/have the quest.
edit: if you're item hunting, I think there are one or a few items that spawn in dungeons only after you've reached a certain point in the main story or after you're a certain chr. level or something. I'm not sure, never tested, just read stuff like that in other posts over the years.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
5 months ago#5
You should be able to go in right away, if not wait until Chapter 2 when Cor gives you the key to the dungeons. If you go in early, you can run from most battles and pick up stuff like the Blood Sword early.

Balouve Mines is also good, only the boss is high level, the mobs are all lvl 7. You can get into the boss chamber from the top without triggering the boss fight, there is a Emerald Bracelet which is one of the most powerful STR increasing accessories and you can get it right early in the game. Very useful accessory if later you're using Shield of the Just, it offsets the STR penalty easily.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Help me: quest Crestholm Channels
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Unable to level up? General1 Answer
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer
Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers