• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. This game will be praised in 10-15 years from now:

User Info: Orpeiu50

Orpeiu50
6 months ago#1
When the people who grew up with FF15 grow up they will start praising 15.

Remember when people hated FF12 and there's a lto of praise for it now?

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
6 months ago#2
Probably, it happened with XII like you said, it happened with IX and it will happen will XIII and XV also.

User Info: FishermanFriend

FishermanFriend
6 months ago#3
I feel like most people disliked FF12,13 etc because they were very different from traditional FF games. As stand alone games, they were still quality and well made.

I don't feel that is the case for FF15. It's a poorly made game from start to finish.

User Info: Orpeiu50

Orpeiu50
6 months ago#4
FishermanFriend posted...
I feel like most people disliked FF12,13 etc because they were very different from traditional FF games. As stand alone games, they were still quality and well made.

I don't feel that is the case for FF15. It's a poorly made game from start to finish.

FF fans on 2030:

I feel like most people disliked FF15 because they were very diferent from traditional FF games. As stand alone games, they were still quality and well made.

I don't feel that is the case for FF16, it's a poorly made game from start to finish.

User Info: KeijiNoKaos

KeijiNoKaos
6 months ago#5
Orpeiu50 posted...

FF fans on 2030:

I feel like most people disliked FF15 because they were very diferent from traditional FF games. As stand alone games, they were still quality and well made.

I don't feel that is the case for FF16, it's a poorly made game from start to finish.

Yet, you can't really say that about 15, it wasn't just "different" from tradition, it was literally butchered. The whole mass media approach is obvious a late decision, you can tell the content was ripped from the game (and we actually saw this for the Insomnia invasion, which was originally shown in-game).

As you progress you can tell more invisible walls are placed, and eventually you cannot even explore at all but is stuck on a train. Obviously not a design choice but result of rushed/poor development. Nearly every CGI scene shown in trailers, even after it was rebranded to 15, was not present in the final game. Just a huge mess...
~No Hope For Humanity, Never Was Hope For The Gaming Community~

User Info: Cliche

Cliche
6 months ago#6
I agree with you, TC. It's like a pattern and stage in FF fanbase.

ExperiencePoint posted...
it will happen with XIII

It seems it's already started happening now. This is much noticeable on Youtube videos. Same goes for XV.
The art of not giving a F

User Info: KeijiNoKaos

KeijiNoKaos
6 months ago#7
Cliche posted...
I agree with you, TC. It's like a pattern and stage in FF fanbase.

ExperiencePoint posted...
it will happen with XIII

It seems it's already started happening now. This is much noticeable on Youtube videos. Same goes for XV.

I honestly still see 13 get s*** on a ton.
~No Hope For Humanity, Never Was Hope For The Gaming Community~

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
6 months ago#8
Ten years later, the fanbase likes XIII, right? It's in everyone's top five list and "Best Final Fantasy lists" by critics always list it as an underrated gem?

Thirty years later, the fanbase grew to like II despite its quirks?

That's what I thought. Final Fantasy cycle is a myth, some people may warm up to certain titles but that's it.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IX.

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
6 months ago#9
This "cycle" is basically the inevitable outgrowth of a large fanbase and the internet's ability to amplify toxic opinions. It's why you see similar cycles in other large fanbases. Given time, the worst of the toxicity tends to fade away for a variety of reasons (and to be clear, I'm not just talking about toxic negative opinions; toxic positive opinions also contribute) and the voice of the more moderate majority becomes easier to hear.

User Info: FishermanFriend

FishermanFriend
6 months ago#10
Orpeiu50 posted...

FF fans on 2030:

The difference is FF15 is objectively a poorly designed game. It's very obivious playing it that it's a result of a game that was in development hell for 10 years and was strewn together in 3 years to get it out the door.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. This game will be praised in 10-15 years from now:
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Unable to level up? General1 Answer
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer
Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers