You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. XIII was more final fantasy than XV will ever be

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#31
Alchemiist posted...
Of course it is, the only Final Fantasy thing in XV is the two words written on the box cover.

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
A crystal that plays a very important role in the story and a main character that is tied to the crystal plot wise somehow.
Light vs dark theme.
Titan ifrit shiva ramuh leviathan bahamut

Just off the top of my head.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: KeijiNoKaos

KeijiNoKaos
4 weeks ago#32
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...
Of course it is, the only Final Fantasy thing in XV is the two words written on the box cover.

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
A crystal that plays a very important role in the story and a main character that is tied to the crystal plot wise somehow.
Light vs dark theme.

Feels more like a new IP with FF cameos...
~No Hope For Humanity, Never Was Hope For The Gaming Community~

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#33
KeijiNoKaos posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
Light vs dark theme.

Question do you feel the same about any final fantasy that changes things up? Like sat becoming a mmo? Cause I understand how people feel griped when ff made a mmo saying it shouldnt have been part of thr mainline entry. But if they gets to qualify xv does too.

I hate mmos if that isnt clear lol.

Though my point was dude said the name on the cover was the only thing final fantasy about the game which simply isnt true.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: KeijiNoKaos

KeijiNoKaos
4 weeks ago#34
mooreandrew58 posted...
KeijiNoKaos posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
Light vs dark theme.

Question do you feel the same about any final fantasy that changes things up? Like sat becoming a mmo? Cause I understand how people feel griped when ff made a mmo saying it shouldnt have been part of thr mainline entry. But if they gets to qualify xv does too.

Though my point was dude said the name on the cover was the only thing final fantasy about the game which simply isnt true.

I honestly to this day believe that the mmo's should have been a spin-off or a sub series if you will. Imagine like the Crystal Chronicles sub series. The mmo's have only broken the natural progress of the mainline titles.

XIII, XII, and X (since people argue among these games the most) will always be more FF than FFXV though, unless they rebuild the game from scratch...
~No Hope For Humanity, Never Was Hope For The Gaming Community~

User Info: Zengram

Zengram
4 weeks ago#35
renegadedriver posted...
at least ff13 had a complete story, that you didnt have to watch a movie, an anime, and buy multiple dlcs. sure it had the datalogs but at least they were in the game.

sad...but true!

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#36
KeijiNoKaos posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
KeijiNoKaos posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
Light vs dark theme.

I honestly to this day believe that the mmo's should have been a spin-off or a sub series if you will. Imagine like the Crystal Chronicles sub series. The mmo's have only broken the natural progress of the mainline titles.

XIII, XII, and X (since people argue among these games the most) will always be more FF than FFXV though, unless they rebuild the game from scratch...

Ok at least we are on the same page about the mmos. But for me it made me mad because before 11 came out I had told myself i would beat every ff game that came out. Ive held true to my word except the mmos. So yeah them being a part of the mainline series is a sore spot for me. But because of that even though i love xv I cant really say I dont understand how people feel.i just happen to like action combat more than turn based.

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
4 weeks ago#37
mooreandrew58 posted...
KeijiNoKaos posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
KeijiNoKaos posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
Light vs dark theme.

Ok at least we are on the same page about the mmos. But for me it made me mad because before 11 came out I had told myself i would beat every ff game that came out. Ive held true to my word except the mmos. So yeah them being a part of the mainline series is a sore spot for me. But because of that even though i love xv I cant really say I dont understand how people feel.i just happen to like action combat more than turn based.

Yep, I'm pretty much on the same page as you (love the series, beaten pretty much every game except the MMO's). But there's no being reasonable with the haters here, they just scream and cry, and put their fingers in their ears, and tell you you're wrong, and you have a bad opinion, but somehow we're the bad guys here. Sure guys, whatever you say

User Info: Alchemiist

Alchemiist
4 weeks ago#38
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
Light vs dark theme.

So add all those things to, I don't know, lets say the next COD. It's then an FF game?
PSN: JaegerClap

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#39
Alchemiist posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
Alchemiist posted...

Chocobos
Tonberrys
Behemoths
Various other enemies
Light vs dark theme.

So add all those things to, I don't know, lets say the next COD. It's then an FF game?

Cant admit what you said was wrong can you?

User Info: Jerry_Hellyeah

Jerry_Hellyeah
4 weeks ago#40
Im very disappointed in people complaining about it being 4 dudes without a token useless chick.

They even admit its a setup thats NEVER BEEN USED BEFORE in Final Fantasy....
This is a cool sig
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. XIII was more final fantasy than XV will ever be