You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Would you want XV to get the FFVII remake treatment in the future?

User Info: GGG100

GGG100
2 months ago#1
Just imagine the first game having a fully explorable Insomnia as the setting and Luna getting fleshed out.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 months ago#2
Not worth the effort. Leave this putrefying corpse in the grave where it belongs.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: renegadedriver

renegadedriver
2 months ago#3
they could do it, but i wouldnt count on it. the games story would need to be retooled so much that it would probably be unrecognizable by that point ( not that that a bad thing mind you). not to mention fleshing out so much of the setting and reworking the battle system.

in all honestly though i would rather them just finish the ff7 remake, then move forward with the ff series. if they want to do remasters or rebuild other games such as chrono trigger, parasite eve, or front mission 3/4, then sure go for it.
currently in ky. enroute to wi
games im waiting on: tales of vespiria, kh3, re2remake, trails of cold steel 3

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
2 months ago#4
I am pretty sure that they will either remake XV in a decade, or make vsXIII. I really don't want either. The whole thing was a s*** show, lets move on.

I have never been convinced that they are going to finish the VII remake. It huge in scope, set over different console generations, multiple episodes. Think how much of a s*** show the development of XIII, XIV and XV were.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
2 months ago#5
No I don't want anything related to XV anymore.

What I want is FF VIII getting VII Remake treatment.

User Info: sniffy

sniffy
2 months ago#6
No, Final Fantasy XV was a learning experience for Square Enix. It's also fine in its current state. Kids in 2034 should be able to play the game with little problems (unless PS4 is outlawed).
Each successive Final Fantasy game makes the previous Final Fantasy game look like a masterpiece.

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
2 months ago#7
Nah I'm good. Graphics are good enough and I liked the gameplay. If anything a remaster and use the opportunity to touch up on a few things.

s*** like 7 really benefits from a remake. Thee original is still good but those graphics are ugly as f*** and that will definitely turn away younger crowds who didnt grow up with it. I know there are some exeptions but generally speaking
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
2 months ago#8
ExperiencePoint posted...

I always wished that FF8 had a more elaborate SeeD mission system, with having Squall pick jobs off of a notice board and work as a SeeD member more before doing the whole Timber Owls thing.

Doing missions like that would make for a neat way of providing the player with a wide array of scenarios and types of missions.

User Info: Extreme_light

Extreme_light
2 months ago#9
No more remakes. If we're remaking any FF it should be the 2D FFs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7BAt96Xn0

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
2 months ago#10
LuckyMouse posted...
ExperiencePoint posted...

I always wished that FF8 had a more elaborate SeeD mission system, with having Squall pick jobs off of a notice board and work as a SeeD member more before doing the whole Timber Owls thing.

Doing missions like that would make for a neat way of providing the player with a wide array of scenarios and types of missions.

He'll if it got a renake they could add them and treat them like hunts
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Would you want XV to get the FFVII remake treatment in the future?