You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FFXVI; Shadows die twice

User Info: TeH_ForGoTeN

TeH_ForGoTeN
3 days ago#1
Just copy the combat from sekiro and put it into FFXVI.
The only time is now.

User Info: FourManSeven

FourManSeven
3 days ago#2
You want FFXVI to be a niche title?

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
3 days ago#3
I somehow doubt that would go over too well with most people.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic
FourManSeven posted...
You want FFXVI to be a niche title?

Niche title doesn't sell 2 millions in 10 days.

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
3 days ago#5
No.

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
3 days ago#6
Ff is going the opposite direction - increasingly casual. They have to claw back the immense cost of making realistic hair physics.

I think SE misunderstand what made VII so successful. Its sales were mental due to the huge success of the PS1, a massive marketing budget, as well as the game itself being very good (story, characters, battle system, soundtrack). The graphics were not the main reason for its success, so I dont know why they are chasing the graphics unicorn now. It pushes them towards the casual market.

I heard sekiro is very good, anyone got any thoughts? Im on the fence about buying it, Im not sure I can be bothered spending five hours trying to beat the final boss then break down crying at the credits :/

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
3 days ago#7
stepan618 posted...
Ff is going the opposite direction - increasingly casual. They have to claw back the immense cost of making realistic hair physics.

I think SE misunderstand what made VII so successful. Its sales were mental due to the huge success of the PS1, a massive marketing budget, as well as the game itself being very good (story, characters, battle system, soundtrack). The graphics were not the main reason for its success, so I dont know why they are chasing the graphics unicorn now. It pushes them towards the casual market.

I heard sekiro is very good, anyone got any thoughts? Im on the fence about buying it, Im not sure I can be bothered spending five hours trying to beat the final boss then break down crying at the credits :/

Dont talk about things you clearly know nothing about, graphics was a very important component for FFVII's great success -_-
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Bored_Moogle

Bored_Moogle
3 days ago#8
Yeah no. No matter how good Sekiro is, there's absolutely no reason for FF to go anywhere near that direction. You want a From Software game? Play a From Software game. Not Square cheaply imitating it (likely in a clumsy manner) and making a game that completely alienates a good chunk of the FF fan base. Even more so than the last few games.

Though if it was a spinoff, seeing them tackle something similar to the Soulsborne style with a FF twist could be neat.

Also I assure you, shadows die way more than twice in Sekiro. >_>
I'm sharpening my knife, kupo...
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
3 days ago#9
MalakTawus posted...

Dont talk about things you clearly know nothing about, graphics was a very important component for FFVII's great success -_-

It was a factor, but there were loads of factors. It being a very good rpg is one of them. Everyone in the world buying a PS1 was one. Or are you being sarcastic?

Make a good rpg and they will come, to quote that guy in that film.

User Info: nirombe

nirombe
3 days ago#10
You can't say graphics are not the main reason for FF7's success, it's not the only reason, but it's certainly a major factor. FF had always been on the forefront on pushing graphics, every game they released was praised for their graphics, it might not matter to you, but it matters to a lot of people and reviewers.

And it's not like Square Enix stopped making old school JRPGs, they opened Tokyo Game Factory, they still have Dragon Quest, they released World of Final Fantasy and even Dimensions.
In the future the question won't be "what is punk rock", it won't even be "what is music", it'll be "what is listening".
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FFXVI; Shadows die twice