• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just got Armiger Unleashed. Is there an order to do the rest of the main game?

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#1
I beat the game a long time ago. My only question now is, what's a good proper order to do the rest of the post-game bosses along with the post-game dungeons? I got all Royal Arms too, so is there more to do?

Currently level 99. There's the Adamantoise super-boss right? Terra Wars quest, the Final Fantasy XIV quest, the Mesanine boss (sp? I think?), the Menace dungeons (are they separate from the dungeons that get you the Royal Arms?), Pitioss, not to mention I have the Royal Edition dungeon and bosses. Episode Ardyn too I'm getting. Maybe more boss quests? Ultimate Weapons too?

Is there more?

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
1 month ago#2
The Menace dungeons aren't too bad. One takes forever and you can't leave or you'll have to restart. There's not much of an award but they're a nice challenge. The last 1-2 do not allow items so you have to experiment with techniques. Ignis has one that heals everyone that can save you when Noctis needs a Phoenix down but cannot use one.

Mesanine was fairly challenging but since you can use items it's not too bad. You get a Magitek suit which boosts multiple stats.

Terra wars was very easy. Its a fairly quick 2 hour or so quest that is interesting so i would do that at some point.

The XIV cross over event has the best weapons in the game. After you beat it you can summon the boss over and over. Be prepared for a grind to get all 4 weapons. Probably takes 8-10 hours depending on your stats. Theres an item you need "something Tomes" that you can find 90x by searching the area specific to the dlc. It would be just 2-3 hours to do the subquest and get Noctis' weapon if you want to do just that.

You can farm Magitek suits. I woukd check youtube. Once you beat the game/chapter 15 you can beat a super boss called Max Angelus that can drop from those enemy airships. I would search the boards for specifics but Magitek suits is an accessory that gives really good boosts to strength, vitality, and hp. I would estimate about 1 hour of farming per Magitek suit. There's a random chance while doing it you get a Magitek suit Version 2 but it's probably something like 20-25 hours/V2. It's RNG. You can use the Ring of Lucis to exile the superboss really easy.

I didn't bother with Pitios. It sounds like a pain in the ass, just getting to it pissed me off, and then I found out the door is only open at night. The ultimate accesory here is one that auto dodges but only if you aren't attacking.

Adamantoise is quite simply a super easy sponge with a TON of hp that just takes forever. There's not much of an award except a psn trophy if you're into those.

Omega is from the Royal edition and i really enjoyed the boss although i can see why people might find it frustrating. The accessory reward is really great too. It completely jacks your offense and does break limit for Noctis but gimps your defense.

Ribbons: 1 from a level 99 hunt involving a samurai, 1 from the final of the frog lady side quests, 2 by trading in 40x Ascension Coins each in Altissia.

My recommended order. Terra wars, spend the time to farm 7 Magitek Suits from Angelus, do Mesanine for the 8th suit, go get 4 Ribbons, then either XIV if you want an easier time with the Menance Dungeons, or do the Menace Dungeons and then XIV, Adamantoise, Omega.
Really enjoying the ps4 library.

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#3
Rjmhart posted...
The Menace dungeons aren't too bad. One takes forever and you can't leave or you'll have to restart. There's not much of an award but they're a nice challenge. The last 1-2 do not allow items so you have to experiment with techniques. Ignis has one that heals everyone that can save you when Noctis needs a Phoenix down but cannot use one.

Mesanine was fairly challenging but since you can use items it's not too bad. You get a Magitek suit which boosts multiple stats.

Terra wars was very easy. Its a fairly quick 2 hour or so quest that is interestingso i would do that at some point.

The XIV cross over event has the best weapons in the game. After you bewt it you can summon the boss over and over. Be prepared for a grind to get all 4 weapons. Probably takes 8-10 hours depending on your stats. Theres an item you need "something Tomes" that you can find 90x by searching the area specific to the dlc. It woukd be just 2 hours to do the subquest and get Noctis' weapon if you want to do just that.

You can farm Magitek suits. I woukd check youtube. Once you best the game/chapter 15 you have to best a super boss called Max Angelus that can drop from those enemy airships. I would search the boards for specifics but Magitek suits is an accessory that gives really good boosts to strenght, vitality, and hp. I would estimate about 1 hour of farming per Magitek suit. There's a random chance whole doing it you get a Magitek suit Version 2 but it's probably something like 20-25 hours/V2. It's RNG. You can use the Ring of Lucis to exile the superboss really easy.

I didn't bother with Pitios. It sounds like a pain in the ass, just getting to it pissed me off, and then I foun out the door is only open at night. The ultimate accesory here is one that auto dodges but only if you aren't attacking.

Adamantoise is quite simply a super easy sponge with a TON of hp that just takes forever. There's not much of an award except a psn trophy if you're into those.

Omega is from the Royal edition and i really enjoyed the boss although i can see why people might find it frustrating. The accessory reward is really great too. It completely jacks your offense and does break limit for Noctis but gimps your defense.

Ribbons: 1 from a level 99 hunt involving a samurai, 1 from the final of the frog lady side quests, 2 by trading in 40x Ascension Coins each in Altissia.

My recommended order. Terra wars, spend the time to farm 7 Magitek Suits from Angelus, do Mesanine for the 8th suit, go get 4 Ribbons, then either XIV if you want an easier time with the Menance Dungeons, or do the Menace Dungeons amd then XIV, Adamantoise, Omega.

What about the Cerberus and the other two Royal Edition bosses? Where do they fit in?

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
1 month ago#4
Cerberus was added to the story content in Chapter 14. You could try chapter select for chapter14. It wasn't anything that special. The reward is an accessory thst completely negates fire damage but you probably already have similar accessories.

Im pretty sure Omega was also part of the Royal Pack. It's just roaming around in 1 area of the Present on the east side of the city. It won't attack until you attack first and it takes some prep.

Im not sure if there's another boss specific to the Royal Edition.
Really enjoying the ps4 library.

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#5
Rjmhart posted...
Cerberus was added to the story content in Chapter 14. You could try chapter select for chapter14. It wasn't anything that special. The reward is an accessory thst completely negates fire damage but you probably already have similar accessories.

Im pretty sure Omega was also part of the Royal Pack. It's just roaming around in 1 area of the Present on the east side of the city. It won't attack until you attack first and it takes some prep.

The Rulers of Yore?

User Info: Luke_the_Duke15

Luke_the_Duke15
1 month ago#6
HakuMan111386 posted...
Rjmhart posted...

The Rulers of Yore?

Like Cerberus, they're part of the story.

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#7
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
Rjmhart posted...

The Rulers of Yore?

Damn, then they'll be easy as hell to fight then...

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
1 month ago#8
HakuMan111386 posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
Rjmhart posted...

The Rulers of Yore?

They weren't balanced as part of the story, so they gave a bit of challenge, but if you're way above level, then yeah they go down like a sack of potatoes. I'd also recommend doing the XIV quest before the menace dungeons, since it has rewards, and it would be nice to actually have a reason to use them

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 month ago#9
HakuMan111386 posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
Rjmhart posted...

The Rulers of Yore?

Try Level 1 challenge against the Rulers of Yore and Cerberus. It's gonna be fun when you're having trouble with these bosses!
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#10
Blair85 posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
Rjmhart posted...

The Rulers of Yore?

They weren't balanced as part of the story, so they gave a bit of challenge, but if you're way above level, then yeah they go down like a sack of potatoes. I'd also recommend doing the XIV quest before the menace dungeons, since it has rewards, and it would be nice to actually have a reason to use them

What level are the Rulers of Yore and Cerberus?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just got Armiger Unleashed. Is there an order to do the rest of the main game?
  • Topic Archived