• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Most hated FF dungeons?

User Info: Bakz

Bakz
3 months ago#1
So what dungeons did you guys hate the most from any of the FF games?

I personally loathe the Great Crystal from XII with a passion.

The music in this place sucks.

The minimap is frigging useless making navigating this place a pain.

All the rooms basically look like the same too.

Lack of save points - if ya stuff up you basically have start back at the beginning of this place.

In the optional part of the Great Crystal, ya have to deal with timed switches too in order to progress.

This place is also the only dungeon in the game that you can get one off or rare items like Danjuro and Excalibur. Not to mention its the only place to fight Ultima and Omega too.

Meaning, ya have to do a couple of this trips through this cursed place if ya wanna 100% the game.

The GC is imo easily the worst dungeon outta of any of the FF games, it's just lame, annoying and aggravating as hell.

I am not really fond of the Pharos and Henne Mines either in XII either, they maybe less annoying than the GC to complete but they too are frustrating in their own way.

As much as I like XII overall as a game, I really despise some of its dungeons like the Great Crystal, Pharos and Henne Mines a lot.
3DS FC : 4914 7164 9482

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
3 months ago#2
FFIV Tower of Babil

FFVI 100 floors tower

FFVI bonus dungeon

FFVI final dungeon

FFVII desert prison

FFVII Temple of the Ancients

FFVIII desert prison
X>V>T>Type-0>VIII>VII>XIII2>XII>LR>XIII>XIV>VI
>IVTAY>TA2>X2>XIIRW>IV>TA>XI>IX>II>III>I>XV

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
3 months ago#3
I don't know why some people hate Great Crystal when you can draw a map and there, all your navigation issues with the place are gone. Then again, it's one of my favorite places in the series due to the atmosphere, music and backstory so there's that. That being said...

I disliked Temple of the Ancients (VII) somewhat due to awkward camera angles.

I'm not fond of Stilshrine of Miriam (XII) at all.

Literally all dungeons in XIII. More open, "overworld" areas are fine.

XV's dungeons are atrocious, like the rest of the game.

X barely had any dungeons and what it did have I disliked... meh.

The bonus dungeon in V is pretty annoying, but I've seen worse.

Other dungeons I either don't mind or like/love.
In vainglory they arose, shouting challenges at the gods. But prevail they did not. Their doom it was to walk the Mist until Time's end.

User Info: Another_Proxy

Another_Proxy
3 months ago#4
Up to VI I really don't mind. It is often the outdoor maps I dislike. The dungeons are a treat, especially FFIII dungeons, excellent, well thought out design and placement.

FFVII I don't like Temple of the Ancients much.

FFVIII I don't like Desert Prison.

FFIX I have little fondness for Fossil Roo

FFX There is no section of gameplay that I do not like in this game.

FFXI Beadaux is a filthy pit of horrors and disease.

FFXII I like them all. I never found anything wrong with 12.

FFXIII Teijin's Tower is dull on replays.

FFXV I do not like the dungeons in FFXV. I like doing hunts and quests and avoid pushing the story along until there is nothing left to do. I have very mixed feelings about the game.

But I buy the dlc and keep playing it....

User Info: Peachi

Peachi
3 months ago#5
FFX Bevelle can go and die in a hole somewhere.
DQ. XI. IX. VIII. IV. VII. V. III. I. VI.

User Info: Bakz

Bakz
3 months ago#6
Montblanc posted...
I don't know why some people hate Great Crystal when you can draw a map and there, all your navigation issues with the place are gone. Then again, it's one of my favorite places in the series due to the atmosphere, music and backstory so there's that. That being said...

The minimap being useless like I said before makes navigation through the damned Great Crystal
a real pain.

It's very easy to get lost going through this place, especially if you are not using a walkthrough. It's a legitimate criticism of the dungeon or to be more specific its design itself regardless of how you slice it.

Since like I mentioned earlier most of the rooms in the Great Crystal practically look alike.

It's not a great dungeon design wise either, since a lot of rooms have that horrid green background colour and that dreary music too.

As this video shows:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHYvEZ4ODK4
3DS FC : 4914 7164 9482

User Info: renegadedriver

renegadedriver
3 months ago#7
im terrible at remembering the places names

ff1- the one with the hallway of ogres. earth shrine if I recall right.

ff2- all of them except pandemonium. I hate trap rooms

ff3- final dungeon. great music but it just goes on and on with no save point in sight. and if your killed you get to start all over again. yea!!

ff4- sealed cave. nuff said. unless we are talking the ds version, then its tower of babel

ff5- the moving sand one where your heading to the meteor.

ff6- phoenix cave.

ff7- the part right after you get done snow boarding. I hate that part of the game.

ff8- deep research lab placed where you get bahamat

ff9- the path to cleyra. I do not like the music and the enemies suck.

ff10- can I put the bevile closture of trials. no? fine then I guess via infinito just for being in the same area

ff12- pharos tower, 100 floors. great cut scenes but man does it take forever to get there.

ff13- the tower place in grand pluse. the one with the wind chime serphet.

ff15- chapter 13. the whole chapter.
currently in ky. enroute to wi
games im waiting on: tales of vespiria, kh3, re2remake, trails of cold steel 3

User Info: FinalFantasyVII

FinalFantasyVII
3 months ago#8
We all know FFIII final dungeon causes the most suffering.

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
3 months ago#9
Bakz posted...
Montblanc posted...

The minimap being useless like I said before makes navigation through the damned Great Crystal
a real pain.

It's very easy to get lost going through this place, especially if you are not using a walkthrough. It's a legitimate criticism of the dungeon or to be more specific its design itself regardless of how you slice it.

Since like I mentioned earlier most of the rooms in the Great Crystal practically look alike.

It's not a great dungeon design wise either, since a lot of rooms have that horrid green background colour and that dreary music too.

As this video shows:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHYvEZ4ODK4

Sure, the minimap would be great, but I personally can live without it. As I said, once I drew the map myself, it became much easier and I have it to this day.

I understand why it bothers people and why some dislike that design though.
In vainglory they arose, shouting challenges at the gods. But prevail they did not. Their doom it was to walk the Mist until Time's end.

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
3 months ago#10
Tbh, the only FF dungeons that I hated were in XV. In XV they just felt like, dark, monotonous slogs.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Most hated FF dungeons?
  • Topic Archived