• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which main FF title had the best direct sequel/prequel/ spin off game?

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
4 months ago#11
That is one s***ty ass list lol

User Info: furamuuru

furamuuru
4 months ago#12
Crisis Core had the best tie-in to VII. Had X-2 been a prequel with the story of Braska, Jecht, and Auron, I would have chosen that, but all-in-all, CC was really, really good.

User Info: SamEJIV

SamEJIV
4 months ago#13
furamuuru posted...
Crisis Core had the best tie-in to VII. Had X-2 been a prequel with the story of Braska, Jecht, and Auron, I would have chosen that, but all-in-all, CC was really, really good.

Ah, yes I've thought about that prequel. Could be awesome done well.
I'm working double shifts AND overtime... I gotta tell you man,, being the best is a FULL time job! PSN:SamEJIV

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
4 months ago#14
SamEJIV posted...
furamuuru posted...

Too bad it's more likely that we'll get a FF10-3 rather than a FF10-0...
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
(message deleted)

User Info: francocaine

francocaine
4 months ago#16
el_tercer_poder posted...
SamEJIV posted...
furamuuru posted...

Too bad it's more likely that we'll get a FF10-3 rather than a FF10-0...

X prequel? That of Jecht, Braska and Auron or the events 1,000 years prior involving Shuyin and Lenne?
Completed Final Fantasy... VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-3, Type-0
Now Playing... NONE

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
4 months ago#17
francocaine posted...
X prequel? That of Jecht, Braska and Auron or the events 1,000 years prior involving Shuyin and Lenne?

If there had to be a prequel, most of us would agree that one featuring Braska, Auron and Jecht would be great.
Besides, most of what we needed to know about the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle was covered in the god-awful FFX-2.5 novella.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
4 months ago#18
Where’s the “none of the above” option?
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#19
furamuuru posted...

Bets tie-in? Not saying much.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
4 months ago#20
el_tercer_poder posted...
francocaine posted...

If there had to be a prequel, most of us would agree that one featuring Braska, Auron and Jecht would be great.

That’d be kinda cool, but S-E would probably make a compilation series like they did with all the VII crap.

I’d rather see it as a chapter based game with multiple viewpoints. First chapter is Braska’s backstory, meeting Cid’s sister, marriage and end with his decision to embark on his pilgrimage. Second chapter would show Jecht’s life as a dream up until his being lost at sea. Third chapter is Auron’s backstory. Fourth would be Braska’s pilgrimage itself and their eventual demise. Fifth would be zombie Auron leaving Zanarkand and eventually refinding Sin and end with both traveling to the dream to get Tidus to save the day.
Playing: FFVII - Nibelheim; Dragon Quest V - Some gambling after Coburg
Up next: FFXIII, DQVII, Bravely Default
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which main FF title had the best direct sequel/prequel/ spin off game?
  • Topic Archived