• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. If you could add ONE thing to the game, what would it be?

User Info: Agressive_

Agressive_
1 week ago#1
Let's say Square contacts you somehow and says that they're planning to release one last big update to the main game after Episode Ardyn drops before they close the book on Final Fantasy XV for good, and they want YOU to decide what's going to be in it. You can add anything you want, as long as it's within reason (I.E. the devs don't have infinite time and resources to make this stuff, and they're also going to be giving it away for free, so you have to keep that in mind and don't ask for anything outlandish like revamping half the game).

User Info: Repose

Repose
1 week ago#2
If I had to pick just one thing, one that's pretty reasonable, then I'd go for a complete integration of the DLC episodes into the main game. They would take place at their fitting spots, cut out the credits and with some slight rearanging of post credits scenes so that they would only play at the right time too as a "bonus scene". The Pryna omen and alternate path in ep Iggy are only available on a new game plus.

What I would personally want, but which requires a bit more work, is also have these episodes carry over level, items, bestiary entries, etc and allow the boys to change their weapons (except Prompto because of story reasons) and level up. Have them be the same boys with the same stats they are in your main game. So that gameplay wise it also feels like a complete integrated experience. That would be swell. But it won't happen.

Close seconds are redone magic system and hard mode but story is more important to me.
I'm gonna fix that spaghetti

User Info: EijnClaude

EijnClaude
1 week ago#3
Repose posted...
If I had to pick just one thing, one that's pretty reasonable, then I'd go for a complete integration of the DLC episodes into the main game. They would take place at their fitting spots, cut out the credits and with some slight rearanging of post credits scenes so that they would only play at the right time too as a "bonus scene". The Pryna omen and alternate path in ep Iggy are only available on a new game plus.

What I would personally want, but which requires a bit more work, is also have these episodes carry over level, items, bestiary entries, etc and allow the boys to change their weapons (except Prompto because of story reasons) and level up. Have them be the same boys with the same stats they are in your main game. So that gameplay wise it also feels like a complete integrated experience. That would be swell. But it won't happen.

Close seconds are redone magic system and hard mode but story is more important to me.
FF community's the worse, they LOVE to HATE each other
FFVII>FFIX>FFVI>FFXV>FFIII>FFX>FFIV>FFVIII>FFV>FFI>FFII>FFXII>FFXIII

User Info: drvolcano

drvolcano
1 week ago#4
Free roaming as the bros and that's it. Is it too much to ask?
So tell me where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?

User Info: amerk

amerk
1 week ago#5
Repose posted...
If I had to pick just one thing, one that's pretty reasonable, then I'd go for a complete integration of the DLC episodes into the main game.

That's exactly what I was going to say. The game is as complete as it's going to be, but having the DLC actually integrated into the game, and maybe making choices that could impact whether you get the original ending or the alternative, would at least create some replay and make it feel like a much more complete package.

Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Edition for the PS6?

User Info: Repose

Repose
1 week ago#6
amerk posted...
That's exactly what I was going to say. The game is as complete as it's going to be, but having the DLC actually integrated into the game, and maybe making choices that could impact whether you get the original ending or the alternative, would at least create some replay and make it feel like a much more complete package.

It does, episodes Ignis and Prompto do so much for the second half of the game. Really beefing up chapter 9 to be the turning point it's supposed to be and creating a much needed slowed down and change of pace during the whole train ride of doom. I edited the scenes in an order I thought worked well some time ago and moments like Prompto being found and giving his confession felt so much more powerful to me because of what you just went through with him a few hours before.

An other moment that really does a lot for the final chapter is that Departure mission from Comrades being part of chapter 14. The music alone pumps you up and gives you those "almost there" feels.

The DLC combined also adds about 4-6 hours of gameplay to the main story, something it really needs as just the main story is pretty short.
I'm gonna fix that spaghetti

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
1 week ago#7
Only one?? A story then I guess

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 week ago#8
WhyitEarp posted...
Only one?? A story then I guess
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
1 week ago#9
Just put back in everything related to Luna that was already complete but cut/held back from Royal Edition to be put in her episode. I don't like her at all, currently, but feel like i might have, if she actually had any development and presence in the game. That's the one I would choose if I could only pick one.

Others I would have liked to see, but at less of a priority, I would have been happy with any of these. My top 10 other additions:

1. Hard mode (just a limit of 5 of each item per battle would be a fair compromise)

2. Comrades magic system implemented in chapter 14/15, once Noct is in full control of his abilities

3. Noct gaining the kings sigils and being able to use their skills from comrades when he acquires each king's weapon (added bonus of incentive to getting all royal arms)

4. Full integration of episode DLC. Even just a box pop up, if you own the DLC, saying "Want to see what Gladio did while he was away? Yes/ No" which would just load in that episode, would be fine. Episode Ardyn could be, when you first load your post game save and go to Umbra to travel back in time, a pop up saying "Want to see how Ardyn set his plan in motion? Yes/No"

5. Add progression to each bro on the ascension, so they aren't busted in the early game if you unlock them, and allow free roam for the bros outside of battle

6. Integrate episodes of brotherhood. An episode can play between chapters. Episode 1 after chapter 2, episode 2 after chapter 3, etc, up to chapter 7. Also just a prompt at the end of chapter 1 that says "The events of Kingsglaive happen here, that story is told elsewhere". Add the episode Ardyn anime when Noct enters the crystal at the end of chapter 13

7. Allow Iris, Cor, Ravus, and Aranea to join the party at will in chapter 15

These last ones are bigger, so it's kinda cheating to put them here, but these are the only other things I'd add to the game, period, then I'd consider it probably one of the best in the series, and definitely my favorite

8. Open the world of Comrades, let us explore, but enemies are tougher where we haven't returned power yet. They'd drop rare food items and weapons as incentive though. You have to return to towns to upgrade weapons and accept missions. You can still drive to missions, or walk to the camp, and queue into a mission instance/lobby when you get there

9. Explorable Niflheim up to Cartanica as a sort of transition from open world to linear
Also add back in the Shiva and Tenbrae Dungeons, just to slow the pace in the second half

10. Even if it's just cutscenes, tell the story that Episode Aranea was going to have. In fact, add in cutscenes of what is happening in the empire between the remainder of the chapters from 8 onwards (this would make it so every chapter has a break point, which would fix the weird pacing/non-uniqueness of the chapters as they currently stand. Like I currently can't tell you what differentiates most of the chapters, or remember what events happen in which chapter).

Bonus: A chapter 0/prequel chapter showing what a day of life was like in Insomnia for the bros, just to give us more emotional attachment to it

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
1 week ago#10
One thing that should be very possible, nothing insane, more combat progression for Noctis... Like stronger counters, smaller magic attacks on the fly, more warping abilities.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. If you could add ONE thing to the game, what would it be?
  • Topic Archived