• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So I just heard about this cancelled DLC issue earlier...

User Info: 17chris

17chris
1 week ago#1
and just want to know am I a bad person from being somewhat glad the DLC was cancelled? After being disappointed the game was what it was and after realizing the first batch of DLC episodes and patches still didn't make the game feel complete I am just relieved they are ending support so they can put their focus on other things.

User Info: Icecl_Keyheart

Icecl_Keyheart
1 week ago#2
i kinda feel the same, i mean dont get me wrong i was super looking forward to them but im ready to put and end to xv end fnc have it end this march and not somtime in 2020

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
1 week ago#3
That doesn't make you a bad person at all.

User Info: 17chris

17chris
1 week ago#4
LuckyMouse posted...

I only say that because I don't condone when people wish games get cancelled but here I am being ok with this cancellation, I was likely gonna play them anyway but in the back of my mind I was always thinking "just get started on FFXVI already.

User Info: soldjango

soldjango
1 week ago#5
17chris posted...
LuckyMouse posted...

I only say that because I don't condone when people wish games get cancelled but here I am being ok with this cancellation, I was likely gonna play them anyway but in the back of my mind I was always thinking "just get started on FFXVI already.

No reason DLC dev and XVI dev couldn't have happened at the same time, SE has multiple teams.
To answer the question though, no.
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk

User Info: Zangetsu223

Zangetsu223
1 week ago#6
soldjango posted...
17chris posted...
LuckyMouse posted...

No reason DLC dev and XVI dev couldn't have happened at the same time, SE has multiple teams.

People keep saying this but those people that work on DLC can jsut be move to FFXVI to speed up the progress instead of keep doing FF15 DLC
3DS FC : 2122-7436-9445

User Info: renegadedriver

renegadedriver
1 week ago#7
no it doesn't make you a bad person at all. and if its any solace, then this announcment will at least provide closure to this dark page in the ff series. hopefully we will get a better and complete game in ff16.
currently in ohio. en route to ?????
games im waiting on: DQ11, shadow of the tombraider, spiderman

User Info: tgelel

tgelel
1 week ago#8
Part of me is happy that they seem to finally be done milking FF15 and maybe they'll move on to something else now (and not milk it to death too), part of me is upset because I was really interested in seeing how they were going to make Luna into a likable character, as well as the alternate ending where it sounded like Noctis was going to give "destiny" the middle finger and find another way to save the world (like any RPG hero worth his salt would).

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 week ago#9
The thing is episode aranea and episode Luna were gonna be short tiny little brief dlcs anyway from what the interviews were saying, I'm honestly glad we don't have to mess with them. The only one I'll miss is episode noctis. But then again episode ardyn will probably be very expansive compared to what we would have gotten. It might even effect the main game if we get what they were hinting at. Especially when they have been working on it for a whole year.

User Info: soldjango

soldjango
1 week ago#10
Zangetsu223 posted...
soldjango posted...
17chris posted...
LuckyMouse posted...

People keep saying this but those people that work on DLC can jsut be move to FFXVI to speed up the progress instead of keep doing FF15 DLC

When an FF game takes multiple years to make, are you really going to notice the month or two of extra progress that the personnel shifting would get you, though?
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So I just heard about this cancelled DLC issue earlier...
  • Topic Archived