Did you like Final Fantasy VIII (8)?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Did you like Final Fantasy VIII (8)?

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
2 months ago#1
How do you feel about Final Fantasy VIII (8)? - Results (553 votes)
I loved it
53.16% (294 votes)
I liked it
30.2% (167 votes)
I disliked it
10.85% (60 votes)
I hated it
5.79% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In this case:
"I loved it" means that you, obviously, loved the game. You consider it (one of) the best and (one of) your personal favorite(s), a masterpiece, or something along those lines.

"I liked it" means that you liked the game though not enough to consider it (one of) the best. "Pros" outweigh "cons"; you liked many things about the game, but there are things that you didn't like.

"I disliked it" means that you didn't like the game, but you didn't hate it either. "Cons", however, outweigh "pros".

"I hated it" means that you quite literally hated the game; you consider it one of the worst, if not the worst game in the series.

*Only registered users, only 1 vote per IP.

(I think this is enough for now. I don't wanna be marked as a "bot", "troll" or whatever. Others can copy/paste and make it for other games if they want to. If not, I can make a few more tomorrow.)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 months ago#2
One of the best in the series, easily. Probably the most unjustly-bashed, too.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
2 months ago#3
Liked it, didn't love it.

It is my wife's favourite though.
Current LP: Nioh and Kingdom Hearts series
Currently working on: Trail of Cold Steel 1 and 2 base save

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
2 months ago#4
Definately among 2 and 12 as my least favorite in the series.

User Info: Jelash13

Jelash13
2 months ago#5
Love the setting, world and sountrack. Dislike the story, hate characters, and I especially hated that forced romance.
Overall... Eh, it's not a bad game, so I picked 2nd option.
now playing (waaay too many games): Final Fantasy XIV ARR (PC) / Octopath Traveler (Switch) / Legendary: Game of Heroes (Android)

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
2 months ago#6
Not a fan

User Info: Dustin1280

Dustin1280
2 months ago#7
Hated the scaling in that game and the draw system. Beyond that I enjoyed it.
RIP: Canuklehead, Karma: 1369 // RIP: Gen_Lee_Enfield, Karma: 1731 //
RIP: Orlando of the Axe, Karma: 1642 // RIP nayr626 Karma: 4395 --They delivered!

User Info: Tukhara

Tukhara
2 months ago#8
The game had potential and good foundation but was horribly executed and the romance was horrible to me.

Way better than XIII and XV and whatever crap Square pulls out, but VIII back in the day was somewhat in the same place as them for its time. It was praised widely at first, and for those who started it as their jump into the series they loved it the most. But in retrospect it began to get a lot of complaints and for good reason

The combat system is broken, yes you can choose not to break it but still I ended up doing that anyhow on one particular run without even trying.

But the worst of it all is the cast. Squall is just meh and has barely any personality traits but he was the most developed ironically out of anyone else. I honestly would have said Laguna almost got more depth to me than him had he got more backstory

Rinoa is trash, Quistis, Selphie, and Zell were interesting but pushed aside in favor of the horrible ship that is Squinoa

User Info: AbsOfAbacus

AbsOfAbacus
2 months ago#9
Love it.

It rocks my Abs so hard.
"You Can Always Count On Me" - Abacus AmIRighta.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
2 months ago#10
Close to love despite i conside the junction system one of the worst ever created -_-
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Did you like Final Fantasy VIII (8)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived