• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Really want to know the opinion on Final Fantasy X from the fanbase

User Info: Einheir

Einheir
6 months ago#101
It's the only FF title I actually enjoy! and I played almost all of them except the 3 first ones.

User Info: severblade

severblade
6 months ago#102
For me, it's not so much that 10 is a bad game, it's just a bad FF game. They threw out a lot of what made FF good. If they would have called it anything other than FF, I probably would have liked it more. The series started going down right there and has not stopped since.
Forever Zero - All things become eternal nothingness

User Info: Alexmonkey

Alexmonkey
6 months ago#103
severblade posted...
For me, it's not so much that 10 is a bad game, it's just a bad FF game. They threw out a lot of what made FF good. If they would have called it anything other than FF, I probably would have liked it more. The series started going down right there and has not stopped since.

How can you write that with a straight face? Saying "Not a bad game, but a bad x game" is beyond a meme at this point.
Unfortunately everything I write sounds like sarcasm. I guess I should apologise for that in advance.

User Info: ClarkyMalarky

ClarkyMalarky
6 months ago#104
Final Fantaxy 10 has only nostalgia from me at this point. Blech/10.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
6 months ago#105
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
There is no such thing as a FF fanbase.

It literally requires that you have played every game and somehow didn't stop caring after SE started dragging Square's work through the mud with FFXII, XIII and XV as well as a multiple concurrently running mobile gatcha games.

How many people like that are there in CasualFAQs, 1-2?

Sadly most people on this board are like that. They don't give a f*** what they play, everything is acceptable to them.
bloop

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
6 months ago#106
The_Undying_84 posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
There is no such thing as a FF fanbase.

It literally requires that you have played every game and somehow didn't stop caring after SE started dragging Square's work through the mud with FFXII, XIII and XV as well as a multiple concurrently running mobile gatcha games.

How many people like that are there in CasualFAQs, 1-2?

Sadly most people on this board are like that. They don't give a f*** what they play, everything is acceptable to them.

Yeah they shill for the company and series and say s*** like “All Final Fantasy games are good!” It’s sad

User Info: severblade

severblade
6 months ago#107
Alexmonkey posted...
severblade posted...

How can you write that with a straight face? Saying "Not a bad game, but a bad x game" is beyond a meme at this point.

I can write it with a straight face because it is my opinion. I expected more from a game called Final Fantasy.
Forever Zero - All things become eternal nothingness

User Info: VInaros

VInaros
6 months ago#108
Like it. I've had better from the franchise.
Gas! Gas! Gas!

User Info: BlackWizardMagus

BlackWizardMagus
6 months ago#109
Good battle system, decent themes and ideas, looked and sounded good (except for some of the voice acting). On the other hand, the linearity was bad, the sphere grid was a waste of time except for veterans on repeat playthroughs getting experimental, the side quests and side bosses were excessively time-consuming, and the execution of the themes and concepts was abysmal. Plot holes, contrivances, contradictions, lazy writing, all sorts of nonsense abounds. It's better than FFVIII or XIII, but it's still mediocre at best.
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus

User Info: Alexmonkey

Alexmonkey
6 months ago#110
severblade posted...
Alexmonkey posted...
severblade posted...

I can write it with a straight face because it is my opinion. I expected more from a game called Final Fantasy.

Then it's disappointing full stop. You're saying it like you're the arbiter of what can be called "Final Fantasy" and what can't. Which is, I'm sure you'll agree, quite silly.
Unfortunately everything I write sounds like sarcasm. I guess I should apologise for that in advance.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Really want to know the opinion on Final Fantasy X from the fanbase
  • Topic Archived