Comrades: Weapon stats and attributes question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Comrades: Weapon stats and attributes question.

User Info: Ryu999orJoe

Ryu999orJoe
1 month ago#1
I was wondering what the difference was between the attack power you see on the right and the strength number you see below the weapon are? I always took the number you saw before a battle started to be the combined attack or magic stat of all weapons combined. Would that be correct or is that the total power of said character? I find it just a little confusing.. also does attributes like 100% fire resistance or Deathproof remain active when you have another weapon you are currently fighting with or does those resistances and nullifications only stand when the said weapon which the ability comes from is currently equipped and being used to attack? Much thanks for any responses.
- ".................."

User Info: Garmmermibe01

Garmmermibe01
1 month ago#2
You know, I have not studied the damage equations in this game. But, I think that the weapon's attack power is modified by the 'character' attack stat. But, I don't think that the character attack stat is a combination of all the weapons. However, I'd probably need to check again because it's been awhile since I played. There may be someone better suited to answer that.

(It would be great if all games would just give out tooltips and damage equations. But, no. They leave us fumbling around in the dark.)

I do think that most passive abilities (aside from ones like stoptouch, deathtouch, and penetrator, which...may not really be passive abilities since you have to attack to make use of them) will remain active even if you switch weapons. So, your 100% fire resistance will remain active across all weapons, especially since you may have 50% on one and 50% on another.

However, keep in mind that there will be some enemies that have fire attacks that ignore your fire resistance. Kinda like how that astrals in the main game will ignore enemy resistances when you summon them.

Also, keep in mind that having more than 100% fire resistance will not benefit you more. ie, in some games, you might get a healing effect from such a stat. But, not in this game.
If anyone is interested in a long peice of Evangelion fanfiction, you can find mine at- https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12033635/1/

User Info: Ryu999orJoe

Ryu999orJoe
1 month ago#3
Garmmermibe01 posted...
You know, I have not studied the damage equations in this game. But, I think that the weapon's attack power is modified by the 'character' attack stat. But, I don't think that the character attack stat is a combination of all the weapons. However, I'd probably need to check again because it's been awhile since I played. There may be someone better suited to answer that.

(It would be great if all games would just give out tooltips and damage equations. But, no. They leave us fumbling around in the dark.)

I do think that most passive abilities (aside from ones like stoptouch, deathtouch, and penetrator, which...may not really be passive abilities since you have to attack to make use of them) will remain active even if you switch weapons. So, your 100% fire resistance will remain active across all weapons, especially since you may have 50% on one and 50% on another.

However, keep in mind that there will be some enemies that have fire attacks that ignore your fire resistance. Kinda like how that astrals in the main game will ignore enemy resistances when you summon them.

Also, keep in mind that having more than 100% fire resistance will not benefit you more. ie, in some games, you might get a healing effect from such a stat. But, not in this game.
How about the defense stat? I have been thinking about making a strong defense mixed with hp type shield, but would the HP and defense stats be retained even if I switched to another weapon to attack?
- ".................."

User Info: Smeltedfist

Smeltedfist
1 month ago#4
Ryu999orJoe posted...
Garmmermibe01 posted...

How about the defense stat? I have been thinking about making a strong defense mixed with hp type shield, but would the HP and defense stats be retained even if I switched to another weapon to attack?

It works like how Noctis in the main game works with weapons which is anything equiped that modify your stats are retained as long as they are one of your four weapons. The only exception is weapon abilities such as "Offensive Magic: Fire" are only on the weapons they were put on and will not work when you swap mid battle unless you swap back of course. That doesn't mean you can't put the same ability on another weapon but I tend too try to be diverse with it.
Ile like to appologise for my past only in 2016 I started to be semi serious.
PSN: Whatzituyah, Twitch: Whatzituyah2
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Comrades: Weapon stats and attributes question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived