• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Why do you not like FFXV?

User Info: JohnThompson

JohnThompson
3 years ago#1
This is an honest question. Why do people not like FFXV?

For me, I don't like certain aspects of it, but I wouldn't say I hate the whole game. And this is coming from a guy who played the PS1 games and some of the best FFs before playing FFXV. So why do people hate it?

Here are some obvious cons of FFXV for me:

-Atrocious battle system --> I CANNOT stand the battle system in this game. It was an absolute chore to play through. It made me completely unmotivated to do anything with the skills and weapons.

-Lack of Backstory --> You're kind of just thrown into the world and told what to do, without the game really explaining why.

-Limited sidequests at the beginning of the game --> The early game sidequests are mostly just boring fetch quests, which I felt was a con.

-Empty overworld --> Most of the world does feel pretty empty. There's not really much to do.

User Info: motoleo

motoleo
3 years ago#2
I know those issues are there but I don't hate the game because of it, we were hoping to get these updated.

They have this whole world at their fingertips and you would think they could just add content in there.

When it comes to the story, it was good but it seemed like there would be more... to it. Coincidentally they felt like they had to do a whole 4 components for it so there's more coming and it'll be nice to have that part of it

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 years ago#3
Worst storytelling in the series bar none, empty world, depressing ending. Simple enough.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
"I believe that the only purpose that games have is to enrich the hard life we live." Fumito Ueda

JohnThompson
3 years ago#4
1Tekkaman posted...
Worst storytelling in the series bar none, empty world, depressing ending. Simple enough.

Worse than FFII?

1Tekkaman
3 years ago#5
JohnThompson posted...
1Tekkaman posted...

Worse than FFII?

Doesn't get much worse than deliberately cut to pieces beyond the normal editing process.
"I believe that the only purpose that games have is to enrich the hard life we live." Fumito Ueda

JohnThompson
3 years ago#6
1Tekkaman posted...
JohnThompson posted...
1Tekkaman posted...

Worse than FFII?

Doesn't get much worse than deliberately cut to pieces beyond the normal editing process.

I agree with that mostly. But I have to say I really liked the ending. One of my favorites since XII.

User Info: motoleo

motoleo
3 years ago#7
1Tekkaman posted...
JohnThompson posted...
1Tekkaman posted...

Worse than FFII?

Y'all should've been making sure that the game wasn't under time constraints.

Once that happens, it's over. So they had to do it like that.

The older fans have to be held accountable. You don't let a game go into 10 years of development without a playable demo.

1Tekkaman
3 years ago#8
I agree with that mostly. But I have to say I really liked the ending. One of my favorites since XII.

Ending is the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. Makes the whole thing feel like even more of a waste of time.

You really need to stop saying "y'all" about people you know perfectly well had precisely squat to do with this disaster. Intellectually dishonest at best.

JohnThompson
3 years ago#9
motoleo posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
JohnThompson posted...
1Tekkaman posted...

Worse than FFII?

XV still needed a good 5 or 6 years of development. You could tell that they were focusing too much on graphics and implementing the KH style action battle system that they completely forgot about the story. Still not the worst game. Not a bad game, like most FF fans call it. Sure, bad by FF standards, but not a bad game.

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
3 years ago#10
I wish I could say I didn’t hate the game, but I really kinda do. It’s probably my least favorite final fantasy excluding 13.

The writing is just a mess and was very clearly not finished, 2 many things happen off screen, and 2 many characters disappear as quick as they were introduced

The combat is just a mess, and there’s not difficulty past normal. Even single player games need proper balance, and the bros are very clearly imbalanced, along with the ring being buffed insanely

The world, which I think is beautiful and want to explore, is a baron wasteland with nothing in it. 90% of the side quests are blatant fetch quests, with no attempt to hide it, it’s some of the laziest side quests I’ve honestly seen in a game like this

But it does have positives, there are things that I like about the game. The reason why I say I hate it though is mostly because I think it’s setting a bad example for the series, square made crazy money off this game, and that’s not going to translate to them learning any lessons, and I really don’t want the next game in the series to have this game’s biggest issues.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Why do you not like FFXV?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

The Professor's Protege - Griffon? Side Quest2 Answers
Unable to level up? Tech Support1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Stuck at hunter rank 8? Enemy/Boss3 Answers
How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer