• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Final Fantasy VII vs Final Fantasy IX

User Info: ZayKayWill

ZayKayWill
9 months ago#1
Which game did you enjoy more? - Results (591 votes)
Final Fantasy VII
56.01% (331 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
43.99% (260 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I just beat Final Fantasy IX for a second time and I'm having an extremely hard time deciding which game I like more.

I'm seriously inclined to pick Final Fantasy IX just because of Zidane. I can't believe I'm saying it, but he's probably one of the very few video game characters I would give a legitimate 10/10 to.

In my opinion...

Story: Final Fantasy IX

Music: Tied

Battle System: Final Fantasy VII...just because of Overdrives.

Level Up System: Final Fantasy IX...I liked the Ability system more than Materia.

Characters: Final Fantasy IX

Ending: Final Fantasy IX

Guess I'll have to replay a bit of Final Fantasy VII or maybe watch some old videos before I can really know. I consider Final Fantasy VII to be in my Top 5 games of all time, so eh...it's so hard!!!
Bottom line love your self and what you do and GET THAT MONEY. **** every thing else! -shinwufang2

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
9 months ago#2
I give VII the edge, but just barely.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: drbretto

drbretto
9 months ago#3
I can't beat the biggest boss in ffix: the inside of my eyelids.

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
9 months ago#4
Final fantasy IX was too kiddy for me

IX also did that thing i hate by having a boss fight you're not allowed to win, the even bigger slap in the face is the fact that your whole party loses to ONE PERSON.

Didn't care for any of the characters in IX and after they lost 4v1 i could no longer respect any of them
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

User Info: sano83

sano83
9 months ago#5
ZayKayWill posted...
Battle System: Final Fantasy VII...just because of Overdrives.

Limit breaks? If that is what you mean, sure, Final Fantasy VII have something good, while the Trance system is stupidly bad in FInal Fantasy IX. Also, the speed of Final Fantasy IX is really low (I have yet to play the new version that have the x2 speed)

ZayKayWill posted...
Level Up System: Final Fantasy IX...I liked the Ability system more than Materia.

I like them both, but I will give the edge to Final Fantasy IX. In one hand, the fixed job in a character really work in the gameplay AND the story of Final Fantasy IX. In the other, you just recruit a character in Final Fantasy VII? Put him/her the materia you have been farming and he is good to go.

ZayKayWill posted...
Music: Tied

I have give up judging the music of the franchise, they are all good and lets leave it at that.

I think that the only area Final Fantasy VII beats Final Fantasy IX is the battle system, as I said, Trance is dumb, always triggering in the end of a battle (like in the ones with beatrix) or in the Tantarian timed fight (ugggg).
Know, live, become a frog!
VS>FFT>FF IX=DA:O>FF V=CC=PE2>FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT>FF X=FF VII=PE>FF III>FF IV>FF VI

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
9 months ago#6
VII is an objectively better video game.

User Info: ZayKayWill

ZayKayWill
9 months ago#7
YungLeviathan posted...

IX seems to have been gaining a lot more popularity over the years, though.
Bottom line love your self and what you do and GET THAT MONEY. **** every thing else! -shinwufang2

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
9 months ago#8
ZayKayWill posted...
YungLeviathan posted...

IX seems to have been gaining a lot more popularity over the years, though.

Leviathan doesn't understand what "objectively" actually means.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: jordina

jordina
9 months ago#9
FFIX has a stronger narrative, script, villian, sidequests, main lead and soundtrack but Id say i prefer FFVII overall.

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
9 months ago#10
IX <3

But VII is good, too.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy VIII.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Final Fantasy VII vs Final Fantasy IX
  • Topic Archived