do you want ff to be open world?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. do you want ff to be open world?

User Info: lovbbws

lovbbws
7 months ago#61
WhyitEarp posted...
Chargrilled posted...
Yes i want it open.
More freedom is far superior

And action based aswell. Turn based is antiquated and boring now

s*** taste confirmed

Double confirmed!

User Info: JamesBR27

JamesBR27
7 months ago#62
No, I want FF to have overworlds like FF VII, VIII and IX.
PSN: Same as Above. 32 Years of Gaming Life.
I dont troll ANY board, if I have nothing to say on a board, I just don't post on it.

User Info: DickieGaloot

DickieGaloot
7 months ago#63
WhyitEarp posted...
I think open world has negatively affected more games than positively

I agree to an extent. Ever since the Witcher 3's reception, a whole lot of big companies have been trying to replicate its success. Most of have been jarring (Technomancer, anyone?) though some manage to get away with in a relatively more positive manner like Assassin's Creed Origins.

Problem is that when these companies decide on doing a game with open world design, a question has to be brought to mind: do they have any idea what they want to make? It sounds simple enough, but when you get right down to the details in terms of how plot, quests, npcs, and lore, it can be a pretty damning question since it would confront developers about what key aspects to their game should be kept relevant.

User Info: CobraSA

CobraSA
7 months ago#64
one word : witcher 3
The MUGEN ARCHIVE : https://mugenarchive.com
no discussion allowed on gamefaqs, want to discuss? https://www.reddit.com

User Info: DeeVeeBee

DeeVeeBee
7 months ago#65
Who tf wrote this
rip u

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
7 months ago#66
DickieGaloot posted...
Ever since the Witcher 3's reception,

You act like that was the first well received open world game lul.

User Info: juzzieb

juzzieb
7 months ago#67
Relinquished posted...
DickieGaloot posted...

It's not even one of the better ones. Great game yes but the open world is pretty bare. Skyrim and Xenoblade X are much better examples of open world rpgs that really benefit from the open world scenario. IDK how people can play FFXII or XCX and then not want their rpgs to be open world.

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
7 months ago#68
Does FF have to be open world? Of course not. No game does, so to speak.

Now, I personally prefer games that are either open world or have some open world elements ... more specifically, one has the freedom to explore the map/maps even if some of those maps/areas are 'closed off' until certain chapters or chr. levels - I just want it to have an exploration aspect even it's just to run around picking alchemy ingrediants and hunt or sneaking around trying to lockpick every house. General story/quest linearity is fine as long as I don't feel like I'm being funneled down a really narrow tunnel quest to quest, always forced point to point, with no freedom at all.

Like, most people wouldn't think of Baldurs Gate 1 as "open world," as defined today, I think, but much of those large map squares were explorable almost from the getgo.

But should a game have it? Nope.
"Brain and brain, what is brain?!" --- https://catzigger.imgur.com/

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
7 months ago#69
KrankyKat posted...
Does FF have to be open world? Of course not. No game does, so to speak.

Now, I personally prefer games that are either open world or have some open world elements ... more specifically, one has the freedom to explore the map/maps even if some of those maps/areas are 'closed off' until certain chapters or chr. levels - I just want it to have an exploration aspect even it's just to run around picking alchemy ingrediants and hunt or sneaking around trying to lockpick every house. General story/quest linearity is fine as long as I don't feel like I'm being funneled down a really narrow tunnel quest to quest, always forced point to point, with no freedom at all.

Like, most people wouldn't think of Baldurs Gate 1 as "open world," as defined today, I think, but much of those large map squares were explorable almost from the getgo.

But should a game have it? Nope.

I love you

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
7 months ago#70
juzzieb posted...
Relinquished posted...
DickieGaloot posted...

It's not even one of the better ones. Great game yes but the open world is pretty bare. Skyrim and Xenoblade X are much better examples of open world rpgs that really benefit from the open world scenario. IDK how people can play FFXII or XCX and then not want their rpgs to be open world.

I agree with that part. Having played wow for so long and putting over 500 hours into XCX, there is just no going back to linear RPGs. They're completely outclassed by open world games
I can't seem to get through games without voice acting anymore. Maybe I'm spoiled
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. do you want ff to be open world?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived