What are some other gaming franchises that have gone from amazing to trash?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What are some other gaming franchises that have gone from amazing to trash?

User Info: Shayner55

Shayner55
7 months ago#171
FireMage7777777 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
6 wasn't nearly perfect lol it was a boring ass game with lazy character and villain design that (ugh I hate this in particular) kept forcing the player to use certain characters. Most of the characters in that game were garbage anyway with all of them being some kind of pre-flanderized stereotype. Want the pervert? Have Edgar. Want the muscle dummy? Have Sabin. Want the guy who only does stuff for money? Have Shadow. Want the stupid extras who shouldn't even be in the game? Have Gau and Umaru (the white guy who's always berserked I think) and the Mime guy. Add in some plot holes (why was kefka even ALLOWED the opportunity to escape prison given his obvious guilt) and the uninspired battle design (5 gave the player more options, 7 had the famous materia system, 8 was completely unique and 4 already did the "characters have a preset role" thing) and I honestly do not understand how the game is the favorite of elitists who are "true fans"

@WhyitEarp
Address that directly or shut up. If you can't then you've admitted I'm right. Balls in your court dumbass

Did you just quote a garbage post of your own making?

I quoted an accurate post that has been ignored by the troll who I mentioned. Mind your own business if you aren't going to address it

Your post is far from accurate

Then address the post. Don't just say it isn't accurate. WHY isn't it accurate? I didn't think I'd get 2 trolls with 1 post. Seeing it got you stumped is a nice bonus for me
Growing up I was told I'd never make a Gamefaqs account but look at me now dad!!

User Info: FireMage7777777

FireMage7777777
7 months ago#172
Shayner55 posted...
6 wasn't nearly perfect lol it was a boring ass game with lazy character and villain design that (ugh I hate this in particular) kept forcing the player to use certain characters. Game making you use certain characters for story purposes is irrelevant in regards to quality Most of the characters in that game were garbage anyway with all of them being some kind of pre-flanderized stereotype. Most? Gau, Umaro, and Gogo. Cyan to a degree too. The rest? f***ing no. Want the pervert? Have Edgar. Not a pervert Want the muscle dummy? Have Sabin. Not a musclehead Want the guy who only does stuff for money? Have Shadow. Shadow has the best backstory of anyone in VI, are you f***ing kidding? Want the stupid extras who shouldn't even be in the game? Have Gau and Umaru (the white guy who's always berserked I think) and the Mime guy. Oh noes, optional characters, whatever will we do, call the military!!! Add in some plot holes (why was kefka even ALLOWED the opportunity to escape prison given his obvious guilt) Someone wasn't paying attention. Gestahl imprisoned Kefka as a ploy to get the Returners help and the uninspired battle design Each character has a unique identity is uninspired? LOL (5 gave the player more options, 7 had the famous materia system, 8 was completely unique and 4 already did the "characters have a preset role" thing) and I honestly do not understand how the game is the favorite of elitists who are "true fans"

Fun fact, VI is the 5th best mainline entry

Shayner55
7 months ago#173
Shayner55 posted...
6 wasn't nearly perfect lol it was a boring ass game with lazy character and villain design that (ugh I hate this in particular) kept forcing the player to use certain characters. Game making you use certain characters for story purposes is irrelevant in regards to quality Most of the characters in that game were garbage anyway with all of them being some kind of pre-flanderized stereotype. Most? Gau, Umaro, and Gogo. Cyan to a degree too. The rest? f***ing no. Want the pervert? Have Edgar. Not a pervert Want the muscle dummy? Have Sabin. Not a musclehead Want the guy who only does stuff for money? Have Shadow. Shadow has the best backstory of anyone in VI, are you f***ing kidding? Want the stupid extras who shouldn't even be in the game? Have Gau and Umaru (the white guy who's always berserked I think) and the Mime guy. Oh noes, optional characters, whatever will we do, call the military!!! Add in some plot holes (why was kefka even ALLOWED the opportunity to escape prison given his obvious guilt) Someone wasn't paying attention. Gestahl imprisoned Kefka as a ploy to get the Returners help and the uninspired battle design Each character has a unique identity is uninspired? LOL (5 gave the player more options, 7 had the famous materia system, 8 was completely unique and 4 already did the "characters have a preset role" thing) and I honestly do not understand how the game is the favorite of elitists who are "true fans"

Even THAT is taking it to far and yes each character having a "unique identity" is uninspired because it was done two titles ago. And yes the game making you use characters you don't want to use can be argued against it because it's a trope some (especially me) can't stand. If you liked it then great. I can't stand that s***. Edgar IS a pervert and this is established IMMEDIATELY by his behaviour towards Terra. Sabin IS a muscle dummy and this is established IMMEDIATELY and carried on throughout the game. Shadow has a single cutscene of back story of him talking to his wife if I remember correctly and after this reveal he's the same old "I only do things for money" crap. And while having extra characters or optional characters isn't inherently bad, the game being praised for its large roster (Which is often the case) is moot when the characters added are garbage. Your move
Growing up I was told I'd never make a Gamefaqs account but look at me now dad!!

FireMage7777777
7 months ago#174
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...

Even THAT is taking it to far and yes each character having a "unique identity" is uninspired because it was done two titles ago. And yes the game making you use characters you don't want to use can be argued against it because it's a trope some (especially me) can't stand. If you liked it then great. I can't stand that s***. Edgar IS a pervert and this is established IMMEDIATELY by his behaviour towards Terra. Sabin IS a muscle dummy and this is established IMMEDIATELY and carried on throughout the game. Shadow has a single cutscene of back story of him talking to his wife if I remember correctly and after this reveal he's the same old "I only do things for money" crap. And while having extra characters or optional characters isn't inherently bad, the game being praised for its large roster "Which is often the case" is moot when the characters added are garbage. Your move

Everything I stated was a fact. I already made my move. Now make yours and dismiss yourself

Shayner55
7 months ago#175
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...

Even THAT is taking it to far and yes each character having a "unique identity" is uninspired because it was done two titles ago. And yes the game making you use characters you don't want to use can be argued against it because it's a trope some (especially me) can't stand. If you liked it then great. I can't stand that s***. Edgar IS a pervert and this is established IMMEDIATELY by his behaviour towards Terra. Sabin IS a muscle dummy and this is established IMMEDIATELY and carried on throughout the game. Shadow has a single cutscene of back story of him talking to his wife if I remember correctly and after this reveal he's the same old "I only do things for money" crap. And while having extra characters or optional characters isn't inherently bad, the game being praised for its large roster "Which is often the case" is moot when the characters added are garbage. Your move

Everything I stated was a fact. I already made my move. Now make yours and dismiss yourself

I countered everything you said. You're either blind or you're stupid. Take your pick

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
7 months ago#176
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...

I countered everything you said. You're either blind or you're stupid. Take your pick

FireMage is a known troll. Probably an alt; his speech patterns are similar to at least two accounts that have been banned.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

FireMage7777777
7 months ago#177
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...

No you didn't. What I said was factual, what you said is irrelevant conjecture. Take your leave

FireMage7777777
7 months ago#178
1Tekkaman posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...

FireMage is a known troll. Probably an alt; his speech patterns are similar to at least two accounts that have been banned.

Watch your terms

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
7 months ago#179
*grabs popcorn* Now this is what I call quality entertainment. Want any Tekka?
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

Shayner55
7 months ago#180
1Tekkaman posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Shayner55 posted...

Then I'll stop wasting my time with this trash
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What are some other gaming franchises that have gone from amazing to trash?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived