Episode Ignis does something incredibly stupid [SPOILERS]

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Episode Ignis does something incredibly stupid [SPOILERS]

User Info: marko7

marko7
4 months ago#1
This is something that could very well eliminate all hope of the dlc ever being integrated into the main game.

For some bizarre reason, Pryna just appears out of nowhere as Ignis is approaching the alter where Noctis and Luna are, and basically spoils the entire f***ing ending of the game.

I'm not talking like one snippet of a scene, I mean like nearly the whole damn thing.

I can't fathom how this ever seemed like a good idea. What if someone decides to play this game and it's dlc in chronological order? They're basically getting the whole ending spoilt before they even make it half way through the game!

Aside from this absolutely baffling moment, the dlc in general looks very good; but it is disappointing to think that without HEAVY alteration to some later moments in the campaign, it's extremely unlikely to ever be weaved together as one coherent experience in the main game.
Made you look

User Info: poorpint

poorpint
4 months ago#2
The game has been out for a year though.....

marko7
4 months ago#3
poorpint posted...
The game has been out for a year though.....

Clearly didn't read my post properly.
Made you look

User Info: Kyle-Hyde

Kyle-Hyde
4 months ago#4
I agree. Because of that there is no "suitable" moment to play this DLC as a newcomer to the game. If you play it after Chapter 9, you get the ending of the game spoiled. If you play it after you finish the main game, you don't get a proper explanation for Ravus change of heart and Ignis going blind until after-the-fact.

marko7
4 months ago#5
Kyle-Hyde posted...
I agree. Because of that there is no "suitable" moment to play this DLC as a newcomer to the game. If you play it after Chapter 9, you get the ending of the game spoiled. If you play it after you finish the main game, you don't get a proper explanation for Ravus change of heart and Ignis going blind until after-the-fact.

Exactly. It's an absolutely baffling decision. If it were ever to be added to the main game I think they'd just have to get rid of that entire sequence and make it so that Pryna never appears.
Made you look

Kyle-Hyde
4 months ago#6
marko7 posted...
Kyle-Hyde posted...

Exactly. It's an absolutely baffling decision. If it were ever to be added to the main game I think they'd just have to get rid of that entire sequence and make it so that Pryna never appears.

Besides, what was the point of Pryna showing those visions to Ignis? How is that helpful in any way?

marko7
4 months ago#7
Kyle-Hyde posted...
marko7 posted...
Kyle-Hyde posted...

Besides, what was the point of Pryna showing those visions to Ignis? How is that helpful in any way?

I was thinking the same thing. There was no point in having that particular sequence happen as it has zero impact on Ignis's character or the main story. Ignis was always going to follow Noctis and protect him at all costs regardless of his fate.
Made you look

Kyle-Hyde
4 months ago#8
marko7 posted...
Kyle-Hyde posted...
marko7 posted...
Kyle-Hyde posted...

I was thinking the same thing. There was no point in having that particular sequence happen as it has zero impact on Ignis's character or the main story. Ignis was always going to follow Noctis and protect him at all costs regardless of his fate.

This DLC seems to be focused on delivering "OMG moments" instead of following any storyline logic.

What's the point of Pryna showing Ignis the future? "Doesn't matter, think about poor Ignis having to carry that burden through the rest of the journey!*

How comes Ravus doesn't just use his superhuman strength to blast away Ignis like he did with Gladiolus? "Why does it matter? Look at them fighting, it's so cool!"

Why the hell does Ardyn offer Ignis to follow him to Gralea and give him an exposition dump once he is there? "But don't you see? You get a different ending! Isn't that cool?"

How does Ignis wearing the ring help Noctis and his journey in any way if Ardyn wasn't planning on killing Noctis in Altissia anyway? "But Ignis looks so badass with the glowing eyes!".

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
4 months ago#9
marko7 posted...

The point of that was to put him in the same boat as Ravus.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639

User Info: Miwa27

Miwa27
4 months ago#10
YESSS I said Pryna would be in this!! :DDD If only I could find that post...

I wonder how it spoils the ending though. I'm waiting for Peasant's playthrough tomorrow.
Tales of Vesperia is the greatest game of all time.
Final Fantasy Peasant accepted my marriage proposal on KHBBS livestream, 5/24/2017
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Episode Ignis does something incredibly stupid [SPOILERS]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived