• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. XIII had 0 updates.

User Info: Katanab

Katanab
1 year ago#11
XV is ok

XIII is Sh***** crap garbage
VII>VIII>IX>VP>PE>LOL>BOF3>SMRPG>BOF4>TOV>TOD>FFT>
Worst game ever ---> FF XIII

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
1 year ago#12
FFXIII was one of the last big games not to have any DLC. But XV came out like 10 years later and a lot has changed in the gaming industry. I still think XV is better with its business model than practically every other recent big game I have played. At least there are no loot boxes falling out of the sky in this game.

User Info: Dire

Dire
1 year ago#13
meino posted...
XIII and XV are both garbage

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
1 year ago#14
tonberrymasta posted...
FFXIII was one of the last big games not to have any DLC. But XV came out like 10 years later and a lot has changed in the gaming industry. I still think XV is better with its business model than practically every other recent big game I have played. At least there are no loot boxes falling out of the sky in this game.
7 years, but who's counting.

tonberrymasta
1 year ago#15
LuckyMouse posted...
tonberrymasta posted...
7 years, but who's counting.

Thanks, I was too lazy to look it up. I think that 10 year figure is the number of years the haters claim XV was in development for, lol.

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
1 year ago#16
The only update that could save FFXIII is one that scraps everything and remakes the game from scratch.
FFVII best game ever

tonberrymasta
1 year ago#17
edgefury posted...
The only update that could save FFXIII is one that scraps everything and remakes the game from scratch.

They saved that update for FFXV.

User Info: Zenax

Zenax
1 year ago#18
ClericIdola posted...
The game had 0 updates (and even no DLC) because it wasn't a common practice back then.

Yep, only reason too. All you have to do is look at 13-2 which had a bunch of really bad "story" DLC because it was becoming more normal. Lightning Returns oddly enough did not have any meaningful DLC. .
https://backloggery.com/zenaxpure

User Info: ZemusZeromus

ZemusZeromus
1 year ago#19
Cool bro, but XIII still sucks.

User Info: foreveranxman

foreveranxman
1 year ago#20
NightmareGamma posted...
Yes, it had a complete Story... That made no sense whatsoever (Seriously, the constant talk about creating their own Fate and blahblah just to follow the Antagonists plan as he wants AND THEY KNOW, but claim they came out of their own decision blablah... THat still doesn't change the fact that they ended up doing what Barthandalus wanted! And all was going according to plan, if it wasn't for Deus Ex Machina (Them turning to crystal for finishing their Focus, but then inexplicably turn back to normal, Fang going all traitor in order to save Vanille by turning into Ragnarok and end the world... and that would include Vanille as well...).
The combat was bad. Yeah, not as broken as FFXV's combat (you are too easily knocked out of own attacks, making slower weapons mostly useless, and the abuse of healing Items makes it still to easy), but instead just BAD! Only controlling one Party Member without being able to switch mid combat, and for most of the game you can't even change who you want to play, they FORCE you to play with a certain leader and Group! the others do what they THINK is best... which is not viable (I got constantly frustrated when I used another Party Member then myself in order to heal the group, and they ALWAYS Heal Snow, dispite having more HP than me, but being PERCENTAGE WISE lower... Yeaaaaaah... don't heal a tank that still has over 3000 HP left, while you have maybe 900, just because he is lower PERCENTAGE wise... I got killed so often because of that s***! So I was pretty much FORCED to be the healer role myself) and very bad, because if the Character YOU play is dead... it is GAME OVER! It doesn't matter if another Character knows revive, or if you have 99 Phoenix Downs or whatever... know, you die, INSTANT GAME OVER! The BIGGEST Mistake in this game in my opinion! THAT NEEDED TO BE FIXED!
Then there was there was Progression Limitations! You can't power Level in this game, as you would at one Point be stopped by the grid, as it does not allow you to play the way YOU want, and blocking you out from higher Upgrades until you reach the next Chapter! And if it means you can't beat a Boss even when the Grid at this point fully maxed, just because the Boss uses some unfair s*** against you, always target mostly you and beat you down, knowing you won't be able to get revived? Well then you are just screwed and can stop playing (I'm looking at you Barthandalus on Grand Pulse).
Then there is the lenght of battles... A friend of mine wasn't able to finish the game... NOT because he was too weak or anything, no... but because of the INSANE LENGHT of some normal Battles! Near the end when you fight some strong enemys that have several MILLION HP as NORMAL MONSTERs while you are constantly trying to raise that f***ing Break Gauge to finally deal some damage etc. And after 10 Minutes you FINALLY beat that Behemoth... ONLY TO RUN INTO THE NEXT ONE A FEW STEPS LATER, he got frustrated and stopped playing.
And I just finished it in order to not feel like I wasted my money... well, I still thought it after beating it, but I thought it might get GOOD at the end at least...

Anyway, There is more that annoys me about the characters for example... but that is beyong the point!

The point is that the game HIGHLY needed updates in order to be fun...Only because it was "Finished" doesn't mean it was "good" or "Fun" OR "perfect".

Not to be rude, but all of these complaints just
smack of not fully understanding the battle mechanics. No normal battle should take 10 minutes. No normal battle should really take over 2 minutes. If you know how to use the paradigms well enough, every battle goes pretty swiftly. Only a few endgame hunts will take more than 5 minutes or so. That being said, I just saw a video of someone beating the hardest boss before even going on to ch. 12. They locked progression to make you really understand the battle system.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. XIII had 0 updates.
  • Topic Archived