• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tom76b

tom76b
3 years ago#1
They look like stock shots so each player must get the same ones right? What is the point of them?

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
3 years ago#2
Immersion?

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 years ago#3
Hamfisted social media gimmick. Would have worked well if the "bro roadtrip" angle had actually been played right. Instead, they wanted to have a roadtrip plot.... where the main character's stake in the plot rises the fastest in the franchise's history.

"Hey Noctis, I know your home was just attacked and your family killed and we are in enemy controlled territory and they periodically come at us with dropship attacks because you're the last of the royal bloodline and you're trying to save your kingdom in the span of like a week - but can we stop at this cliff for a photo op?"

God this game is a f***ing mess.
Clip of the week:
https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyMagnificentElkFrankerZ

User Info: FinalFantasyT

FinalFantasyT
3 years ago#4
@TomorrowDog ,

Thanks for the warning about important story plot happenings on a post regarding why taking photos are in the game.. -___-
Still in Ch 1 before Cindy's (do me a favor) mission EARLY in the game. People usually write in something at the top of their posts regarding spoilers so we know not to read them, vs blast them out in a topic they are not even relevant in. Could you please be more careful of that please?

User Info: bennydaface

bennydaface
3 years ago#5
Game is made for a different demographic than the past entries. Its made for teenagers and non-rpg fans.

And its a fairly average game as well. 6/10
1. Chrono Trigger, 2. FF6, 3. Skyrim, 4. Rome:Total War, 5. Halo 3, 6. Suikoden 2
PSN: thegermanicus

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 years ago#6
Its not a spoiler, its the set-up of the game. The game's website advertises it. You can see posts on this board months and months before the game (or movie) released discussing it.

This is going to be so f***ing fun to explain to GameFAQ's garbage-tier moderation staff, though.
Clip of the week:
https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyMagnificentElkFrankerZ

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
3 years ago#7
TomorrowDog posted...
GameFAQ's garbage-tier moderation staff, though

How dare you, my dad works for them.

User Info: bennydaface

bennydaface
3 years ago#8
TomorrowDog posted...
Its not a spoiler, its the set-up of the game. The game's website advertises it. You can see posts on this board months and months before the game (or movie) released discussing it.

This is going to be so f***ing fun to explain to GameFAQ's garbage-tier moderation staff, though.

Once i got modded for off-topic posting when talking about XV's camera. Yet gladio's abs and pedo s*** about iris are ok.
1. Chrono Trigger, 2. FF6, 3. Skyrim, 4. Rome:Total War, 5. Halo 3, 6. Suikoden 2
PSN: thegermanicus

User Info: Solicium

Solicium
3 years ago#9
FinalFantasyT posted...
@TomorrowDog ,

Thanks for the warning about important story plot happenings on a post regarding why taking photos are in the game.. -___-
Still in Ch 1 before Cindy's (do me a favor) mission EARLY in the game. People usually write in something at the top of their posts regarding spoilers so we know not to read them, vs blast them out in a topic they are not even relevant in. Could you please be more careful of that please?

As someone else said. Not a spoiler. It's the plot of the game.

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
3 years ago#10
The "point" of the photos is to increase the sensation of relationship building/sharing between the main characters - as well as there being a one-moment story-significance at the end of the main-questline. There's one particular (optional, can be missed) camping moment where it's given some emotional weight, as well. Whether photos have that kind of emotional effect/impact on you/the player is up in the air. I personally liked the photo-journal concept a lot, but then I really like game screenshots.

There are some "stock" photos that Prompto takes at certain points in the game, that every player will see.

Most of them however are actually random. You'll sometimes see some variations of the same type of photo, however, particularly with portrait-like ones - like a certain "photoshop" of a couple characters copied and pasted onto different backgrounds or from different angles.

The action/movement shots are typically much more random, like you taking a screenshot, only the game has camera angles etc. that aren't available to the player.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A