• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. This game took twice as long as BotW to make, why is it at 82 while BotW is 97?

User Info: Muffinz0rz

Muffinz0rz
3 years ago#1
...on Metacritic
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.

User Info: JamaicaMistake

JamaicaMistake
3 years ago#2
I hate FF XV as much as the next guy. But really, Nintendo games get inflated scores for being Nintendo games.
RIP the GOAT. (2001-2007) http://i.imgur.com/Aemgqnt.png

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
3 years ago#3
I heard Zelda is more difficult too. So why does FFXV need to make the game extremely easy if a kiddie game like Zelda didn't?

User Info: Thanatos2k

Thanatos2k
3 years ago#4
Anyone who played BotW knows it should have been docked a whole point for the weapon durability garbage alone.
-Thanatos2k-

User Info: Cloud069

Cloud069
3 years ago#5
FFXV was only in development for 3 years, but it was announced about 10 years ago.
PSN: Cloud073

User Info: CRIMSON_XIII

CRIMSON_XIII
3 years ago#6
no chief,

ff15 took from late 2011 or 2012 to november 2016, followed by more additions to chap 4 area with ep gladio, chap 9 area with ep ignis, and chap 10-11 with ep prompto. and with chap 13 verse 2.

among more surprises.

2012 to 2016 tho,
zelda from 2011 or 2012 to 2017.
i want to ride a chocobo all day, in fields and mountains and hills.

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
3 years ago#7
Because the internet loves zelda and hates final fantasy. I have both, playing both right now.. both are great. I finished the main story of ffxv and am now going back to get all the trophies (in a new playthrough from lv 1) while I hunt for the 4th (gerudo) temple in zelda. I doubt I'll be playing zelda after ganon though, finding all the korok seeds and shrines isn't as compelling as the flying car and admantoise are in FFXV.
NES/SNES, RPG. and Anime aficionado

User Info: amerk

amerk
3 years ago#8
You answered your own question in the topic title. The fact that it took so long to make FFXV is possibly the reason it all went downhill. Ambition is one thing, but there was no way they'd be able to keep their own hype and thoughts consistent for so long, as new things come up to conflict with the original ideas, and then to change hands in the middle of it all as well.

Things that are fresh become stale the longer out it goes, and it's possible that some of the original ideas that first came out became too warped and changed over the long wait, and I'm sure some of their workers got exhausted rehashing the same ideas and concepts, that over time they probably lost interest.

This why I think it's great to have ambition, but pair it with a realistic timeframe and realistic goals. By X date, decide on something and go with it, otherwise you're stuck in a perpetual cycle of concepts, ideas, prototypes, feedback, and potential delays.

User Info: Hammer_of_Wrath

Hammer_of_Wrath
3 years ago#9
amerk posted...
You answered your own question in the topic title. The fact that it took so long to make FFXV is possibly the reason it all went downhill. Ambition is one thing, but there was no way they'd be able to keep their own hype and thoughts consistent for so long, as new things come up to conflict with the original ideas, and then to change hands in the middle of it all as well.

Things that are fresh become stale the longer out it goes, and it's possible that some of the original ideas that first came out became too warped and changed over the long wait, and I'm sure some of their workers got exhausted rehashing the same ideas and concepts, that over time they probably lost interest.

This why I think it's great to have ambition, but pair it with a realistic timeframe and realistic goals. By X date, decide on something and go with it, otherwise you're stuck in a perpetual cycle of concepts, ideas, prototypes, feedback, and potential delays.

This, so freaking much. Make no mistake, FF15 was in development hell, and it's honestly pretty impressive that it came out to decent scores after a decade.

And as other have stated, Nintendo games get an easy pass for being Nintendo. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
"Within everyone is the choice, the freedom to embrace cruelty or empathy." -Guthix
Sometimes known as Benjie from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

User Info: Khrijunk

Khrijunk
3 years ago#10
The fact that botw started as botw and ended as botw also helped. XV starting life as versus xiii did not do it any favors
Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat.
-- Quina Quen
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. This game took twice as long as BotW to make, why is it at 82 while BotW is 97?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A