• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which was the better experience: Playing the game or anticipating it?

User Info: Boojie

Boojie
2 years ago#1
Did you get more enjoyment out of playing FFXV or waiting for its release? - Results (37 votes)
I got more enjoyment from playing the actual game AND I followed its development before release.
32.43% (12 votes)
I got more enjoyment from anticipating the game's release.
45.95% (17 votes)
I didn't really follow FFXV's development before release, so... playing it, I guess?
21.62% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I started following FFXV's development obsessively around May of 2016. Shortly after, I realized that the hype train was a fun ride in and of itself, so I made it a point to savor those days like a kid looking forward to Christmas. I was just wondering if anyone else enjoyed the hype for what it was, even beyond what the game itself amounted to. Just a little thing to reflect on.

User Info: hyperdimeduck

hyperdimeduck
2 years ago#2
Both. What a ride.
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards

User Info: Angel_XBlaze

Angel_XBlaze
2 years ago#3
Playing it for me. I barely anticipate games these days as I realized long ago that it can easy backfire. There are some things that I wish the game still had but I'm still entertained.
BBCP Main: Terumi/Azrael Sub: Hazama/Kagura
"So, as I pray...Unlimited Blade Works."

User Info: ragekit

ragekit
2 years ago#4
Definitely playing it. Despite being disappointed by the slapdash story presentation, it is undoubtedly the most fun I've had with a JRPG since KH2 10 years ago.

I followed this game on and off since 2006. Started following it damn near every single day in February 2015, when they showed off Episode Duscae for the first time. I wouldn't really describe the experience as being "fun" though, for a long time (too long) I would just spend my days scanning this board and the internet to see if there was any news on the title. Plus the trolls are miserable creatures that made the wait f***ing terrible (I'm sure they'll be happy to know that).

The game has its faults, but the more I play the easier it is to forgive those faults because it's so much fun. It was worth the wait for me - best JRPG, FF, and SE game I've played since the PS2 era.

User Info: Lansfield

Lansfield
2 years ago#5
Have only heard of it recently. Bought it, played it. Sold it like other games. Don't get all the fuzz.

User Info: Angel_XBlaze

Angel_XBlaze
2 years ago#6
Lansfield posted...
Have only heard of it recently. Bought it, played it. Sold it like other games. Don't get all the fuzz.

Just heard of it recently. Sold it. Now on FFXV board.

Welp.
BBCP Main: Terumi/Azrael Sub: Hazama/Kagura
"So, as I pray...Unlimited Blade Works."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which was the better experience: Playing the game or anticipating it?
  • Topic Archived