• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Full list of weapon movesets (Updated)

User Info: Asetoni

Asetoni
4 years ago#1
Ok, so since my last thread some new weapons were found. I also came across an invunerable friendly glitched scorpion that helped me find find some new moves for some weapons and expand my knowledge of the previously discovered moves.

Once again, I'll use the same some acronyms:
Left analog stick forward + O =F+O
Left analog stick backwards + O =B+O
Left analog stick to either side + O =S+O
Interrupt combo and press O = I+O
(curiously, I+O cannot be done if the enemy isn't fighting back)

All melee weapons except shields:
Running at enemy + O: Warp close and do an attack
O right after dodging does different attack that seems to knock enemies down easier.
All weapons (even shields) have different combo starters depending on distance, but I haven't found any functional difference between them.

Lance:
Basic combo: Lots of stabbing at the end of the combo Noctis will jump into the air and begin aerial combo
F+O: Jump above enemy and begin aerial attacks (Note, if you release L-stick Noctis will usually be in perfect position to do plunging stab (see aerial2))
B+O: Flip away. Release stick to do Full Thrust, hold stick to begin aerial combo
S+O: Slashing combo. If you keep holding L-stick at the end of the combo, Noctis will jump into the air and begin aerial combo.
I+O: A stab with high stagger/crush
Aerial1: Stabbing combo, can airstep
Aerial2: If Noctis is directly above an enemy, he will do a plunging stab attack that brings him to the ground ending aerial combat. Has small AoE effect. F+O usually brings you to the perfect position to perform this, but it can be done in normal air combat as well. I'm unsure if you need to release L-stick to do this, but it works more reliably that way at least.

Greatsword:
[Ok, so this is gonna be difficult to explain, bare with me]
Basic combo: Starter-Horizontal Slash-Horizontal Slash-Stab-Overhead Smash (finisher)
F+O: If done after Starter does uppercut and skips to Stab part of the basic combo and continues normally.
If done after one of the horizontal slashes does a double-hitting stab and skips to the Stab part of the basic combo and continues normally
Does nothing after Stab
The two possible moves are significantly faster than the horizontal slashes but have less AoE. Making this essentially an option for a faster combo.
B+O: Charge attack. Release O to unleash
S+O: Nothing (curiously)
I+O: Tempest
Aerial: A single plunging strike. Can't Airstep

Sword:
Basic combo: Sword slashes
F+O: Stab. After this basic combo starts from the beginning, making it possible to avoid combo finisher indefinitely. Does slightly more damage.
B+O: Flip away (has I-frames against some attacks). Release stick to do basic combo, hold to do another flip begin aerial combo (the second flip seems to have I-frames too).
S+O: Slightly different slash animation where Noctis takes a small step sideways. Has I-frames against some attacks.
I+O: Slash with high stagger/crush. (Note: has same animation as mid-range combo starter, but different particle effects). Slightly more damage.
Aerial: Slash combo. Can airstep
[About I-frames in B+O and S+O... B+O seems to I-frame through everything but large vertical attacks (like Iron Giant overhead slash (it can dodge the grab though!)). S+O I haven't experimented with enough, but it seems to I-frame though vertical attacks but not horizontal ones.]

Asetoni
4 years ago#2
Daggers:
Basic combo: Dagger slashes
F+O: Dual stab. After this basic combo starts from the beginning, making it possible to avoid combo finisher indefinitely. Unlike the sword-counterpart, this doesn't seem to do more damage than basic attacks.
B+O: Dagger toss (Might have I-fames at the start when Noctis disengages his opponent, but I might have just gotten lucky with hitboxes). Noctis will walk backwards and keep throwing daggers until he's out of range or you do another attack.
S+O: Quicktsep around the enemy (Like Quickstep weapon skill from Dark Souls 3). When you stop quickstepping, Noctis will do a spin attack with the daggers with slightly more damage. However, if you release L-stick and pull it back to the same direction immediately, Noctis will jump into the air and being aerial combo (this might look like airstep, but it isn't).
I+O: Slash with high stagger/crush. (Note: has same animation as mid-range combo starter, but different particle effects). Slightly more damage.
Aerial: Slash combo. Curiously, daggers can't airstep
[Note about daggers: All of their attacks flow and combo into one another. For example, you can interrupt B+O with F+O stab or B+O and immediately start quickstepping again.]

Gun:
Basic combo: Just shooting
Directional input+O: roll to that direction and shoot
I+O: Shot with high stagger and more damage
Aerial: Shoot while falling, number of shots depends on how long you fall. Can't airstep
(has to be reloaded after 8 shots)

Shield:
[I know, you wanna know where to get one? So far no shield has been found in the demo, however you can use one in the tutorial. Menu->5th option->2nd option->3rd option. You're welcome.]
Basic combo: Shield bashes
F+O: Hit with the backhand blade and shield at the same time (might be a combo, but Gladio won't stand still enough for me to test this)
S+O: Nothing (Might be I just can't trigger this because Gladio keeps running all over the place)
B+O: Spinning shield bash with high stagger/interrupt
I+O: Shield bash with high stagger/crush. (Note: has same animation as mid-range combo starter, but different particle effects). Slightly more damage.
Aerial: Single shield bash that brings you to the ground. I can't airstep in tutorial, but shields probably can't do it.
Far away from enemy F+O: Noctis will run with his shield up at the enemy. High stagger/interrupt. Very bad tracking.
Block as the enemy is about to hit you: Soft parry (reflects light attacks). Follow up with O to do a double-hitting shield bash (has bad tracking).
[While guarding with a shield, Noctis will hold it and block attacks instead of dodging. Blocking consumes 3 mp as opposed to 15 from dodging.]

Machine:
O: Charge AoE attack. Noctis flashes purple when fully charged.
Triangle: Machine special attack. Bioblaster releases poison gas. Auto crossbow fires a barrage of shots (does more damage when close to t
he enemy). Cannot be used in air. Machines can't warp-strike.
Aerial: Same as ground attack, but can't be charged (even in long falls).
[Auto crossbow is in the tutorial. Bioblaster can be found in the north-west corner of the map, on a cliff next to an entrance to a cave.]

User Info: nickeldreadful

nickeldreadful
4 years ago#3
May want to consider doing a video. Reading the steps is cool seeing them visually billion times better. Prob easier to explain. Nice job here though. Going to practice many of these til official release
PSN kingsransom718
fave games FF series, Zelda series, nba2k series and destiny. Also enjoy long walks on the beach and mimosas with chocolate chip pancakes

Asetoni
4 years ago#4
nickeldreadful posted...
May want to consider doing a video. Reading the steps is cool seeing them visually billion times better. Prob easier to explain. Nice job here though. Going to practice many of these til official release

Yea, I thought about making a video, but I've never made one so I'm a little hesitant. Also, some moves are pretty hard to pull of with the mobs in the demo (and especially with Gladio) so getting the footage is gonna be a drag. Also, the video would become redundant in 2 weeks, when we have access to the full game and a lot more moves and weapons. I'll consider it though.

User Info: Aryllies

Aryllies
4 years ago#5
Great job, thanks for the info.

Regarding the daggers, I once initiated some sort of very fast airstep with it against one of the giraffe/deer monsters despite the fact that I'm not supposed to be able to do it.

If I recall correctly, I switched mid air from sword to dagger and some airstep attacks followed... i haven't been able to replicate that so... was that a glitch or a feature or something we've yet to discover? Let me know if you've noticed some "switch weapons combos" of any sort. That would bring great versatility to the combat system.

Asetoni
4 years ago#6
Aryllies posted...
Great job, thanks for the info.

Regarding the daggers, I once initiated some sort of very fast airstep with it against one of the giraffe/deer monsters despite the fact that I'm not supposed to be able to do it.

If I recall correctly, I switched mid air from sword to dagger and some airstep attacks followed... i haven't been able to replicate that so... was that a glitch or a feature or something we've yet to discover? Let me know if you've noticed some "switch weapons combos" of any sort. That would bring great versatility to the combat system.

Sounds like it might have been an aerial dodge (you should be able to do those with every weapon). Could also be that you airstepped while swapping and the game still thought you had a sword.

If there are specific weapon swap moves/combos then I might just give up trying to find all the moves. Most of these are already so hard to pull off reliably against fast enemies, that I wonder if they were ever intended to be used intentionally.

User Info: KH2Rulz

KH2Rulz
4 years ago#7
Please make a video :) This info is amazing and more people should realise the vast array of techniques in play.

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
4 years ago#8
Getting rid of weapon abilities was the stupidest thing they did.
Guess we will never see the water spear.
Donald Trump 2016

Asetoni
4 years ago#9
Bump. I have started to collect footage for a video. Still not sure if I'll actually make one, but at least this gives me something more to do in the demo.

User Info: yamisniper

yamisniper
4 years ago#10
UltimaXOmega posted...
Getting rid of weapon abilities was the stupidest thing they did.
Guess we will never see the water spear.

they didnt
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Full list of weapon movesets (Updated)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A