• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. To The People Unwilling To Accept Change

User Info: ClericIdola

ClericIdola
3 years ago#21
Gandalf the Istari posted...
sensei06 posted...
I find it funny that people complain about Final Fantasy games not being true Final Fantasy games or not living up to some creed or mission statement that I am unaware of. Square has been at the forefront of creating realistic looking game characters since Final Fantasy VIII (I remember how excited I was at the graphical improvement as I played the demo, still one of my favorite demos of all-time). As technologies improve that would include how characters move and interact with each other. I don't have anything against turn-based but I also don't want to go back to a party standing side by side and waiting for their time to attack. I like how the characters in XV work together for combos and visibly help each other when low on health. (Even XIII improved how you could change your parties roles on the fly.) I like games that push the industry and their genres forward. To the people who don't, go re-play I-X.

Good thing IX is one of the best entires in the series exactly because it captures old school FF magic.

Except there were no real-time elements in the combat systems for FFs 1-3.
Dola The Gamer @ Youtube
Check out my GTA V-based series' concept preview, "Los Santos Transit" - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWb4RGpr0U

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 years ago#22
Rizeroth posted...
sensei06 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
This is not forwards, it's sideways. Going forwards is when you make the same thing better. This is just a completely different thing.

No the same thing better is sideways. Introducing new ideas is forward.

Exactly. It's like what Ass Creed's been doing (and failing) and what Arkham Origins did with Arkham City.

Assassin's Creed sells more and gets better reviews than any FF game these days.

Assassin's Creed and CoD have the right idea, they just don't improve things enough each time because they put themselves on too short of a cycle. If they just gave each game an extra year it would be fine.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: sensei06

sensei06
3 years ago#23
Rizeroth posted...
sensei06 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
This is not forwards, it's sideways. Going forwards is when you make the same thing better. This is just a completely different thing.

Exactly. It's like what Ass Creed's been doing (and failing) and what Arkham Origins did with Arkham City.

Lol, I'm an Assassin's Creed fan and I didn't see Unity as a failure, yes some missteps but it was a good game after the shipping glitches were fixed, which I never had any major problems (I fell through the ground once.) But people complain about Creed but they continue to make improvements on what they are doing and devoloping new game engines.

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
3 years ago#24
PainsPerception posted...
edgefury posted...
PainsPerception posted...
edgefury posted...
X-2 should be the blueprint for future ff games imo which is why I'm baffled they haven't used that system since...

By system you mean gameplay right?
that system is what lead to FFXIII's system IIRC

I mean by stylish more realistic ATB with full control over all 3 characters. X-2 was way better than XIII in that respect but I see what you mean with dresspheres = paradigm shift

ah, yeah.

while on the other hand, I didn't mind 12's gambit system either, I ended up making the party REALLY smart and it felt like I was in full control of the members being guided by the gambits. It took a while and some trial and error to get used to it. I'm sure this game will take a lot of factors into consideration.

As long as I don't level up while I'm passed out because that happened to be a LOT in FF12. I'd pass out while on one end of a map (cuz the first 1/4 of the game bored the hell out of me and I'd literally pass out while playing) and wake up 6lvs higher and on the other end of the map... ok? XD

yep

im hoping it's similar to 12's gambits. I can't help but feeling somethings missing, but I might not care come the full game release. I sucked at 12 anyway kept getting owned by the judge bosses and I followed the official guide too lol

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
3 years ago#25
sensei06 posted...
Rizeroth posted...
sensei06 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

Lol, I'm an Assassin's Creed fan and I didn't see Unity as a failure, yes some missteps but it was a good game after the shipping glitches were fixed, which I never had any major problems (I fell through the ground once.) But people complain about Creed but they continue to make improvements on what they are doing and devoloping new game engines.

Unity was the worst for me. Syndicate was good.
Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.- Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening

User Info: Ampharos64

Ampharos64
3 years ago#26
sensei06 posted...
What other rpgs do the characters interact as a true team/ come up with a plan to take down an enemy (Deadeye) with each person responsible for their part?

You didn't specify any particular plan before, just things like them healing and assisting each other, which I'm sure I've seen plenty (Tales, for instance) along with interaction. There's action and action adventure games that have featured similar cooperation (even Zelda has I guess). That type of thing, FF could have been doing way way earlier if that's what they wanted and taking it forward from there (while including character switching), it was doing its own (just as good) thing instead by being turn based. I'll have to take a look at the section you mention.

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
3 years ago#27
The_Undying_84 posted...
Rizeroth posted...
sensei06 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

Assassin's Creed sells more and gets better reviews than any FF game these days.

Assassin's Creed and CoD have the right idea, they just don't improve things enough each time because they put themselves on too short of a cycle. If they just gave each game an extra year it would be fine.

I am not comparing FF and Assassin's Creed. I am comparing each Assassin's Creed game to the last one in the series which it does little to improve over and hence does not sell enough. And you are just giving FF more reasons to change.
Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.- Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 years ago#28
Rizeroth posted...
I am not comparing FF and Assassin's Creed. I am comparing each Assassin's Creed game to the last one in the series which it does little to improve over and hence does not sell enough. And you are just giving FF more reasons to change.

They sell plenty and also cost WAY less to develop.

Square Enix seems to have a misguided obsession with trying to create something revolutionary every time. They think they can come up with something completely new every time and making it a home run every time. When in reality they can't even consistently make above average games. They have no awareness of their own shortcomings.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: sensei06

sensei06
3 years ago#29
The_Undying_84 posted...
Rizeroth posted...
sensei06 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

No, the 2nd most praised Creed (IV) used the same gameplay as III (which introduced a new game engine and vastly improved gameplay) with some minor improvements and some regressions. Unity introduced a completely new game engine and improved in a lot of areas but made some mistakes as well. Call of Duty is not in the same league as Creed in terms of innovation, sales yes (and pretty sure tops Creed in sales) but not innovation.

User Info: ClericIdola

ClericIdola
3 years ago#30
The_Undying_84 posted...
Rizeroth posted...

They sell plenty and also cost WAY less to develop.

Square Enix seems to have a misguided obsession with trying to create something revolutionary every time. They think they can come up with something completely new every time and making it a home run every time. When in reality they can't even consistently make above average games. They have no awareness of their own shortcomings.

Your opinion on each FF not being "above average".
Dola The Gamer @ Youtube
Check out my GTA V-based series' concept preview, "Los Santos Transit" - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWb4RGpr0U
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. To The People Unwilling To Accept Change
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer
Unable to level up? General1 Answer