• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. To The People Unwilling To Accept Change

User Info: PainsPerception

PainsPerception
3 years ago#11
Rizeroth posted...
FFVIIR board accepted the change too but that's because they love FFVII too much that they'll do anything for damage control.

I'm still salty over it being episodic, there's no reason SE can't take an extra few years to release a full and complete game. Upgrades, changes, updates or not. Making it episodic is a real greedy thing to do. I just might wait until the last episode comes out and buy a bundle on PSN since you knooooooow it's going to happen.
"Fads come and go, but HAWTness is a constant." - Hammer_of_Wrath, a wise man... 4th only to Balthazar, Melchior and Gaspar ;)

PainsPerception
3 years ago#12
edgefury posted...
X-2 should be the blueprint for future ff games imo which is why I'm baffled they haven't used that system since...

By system you mean gameplay right?
that system is what lead to FFXIII's system IIRC
"Fads come and go, but HAWTness is a constant." - Hammer_of_Wrath, a wise man... 4th only to Balthazar, Melchior and Gaspar ;)

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
3 years ago#13
PainsPerception posted...
Rizeroth posted...
FFVIIR board accepted the change too but that's because they love FFVII too much that they'll do anything for damage control.

I'm still salty over it being episodic, there's no reason SE can't take an extra few years to release a full and complete game. Upgrades, changes, updates or not. Making it episodic is a real greedy thing to do. I just might wait until the last episode comes out and buy a bundle on PSN since you knooooooow it's going to happen.

Of course SE gave the silliest reason for it being episodic too.
Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.- Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
3 years ago#14
edgefury posted...
X-2 should be the blueprint for future ff games imo which is why I'm baffled they haven't used that system since...

I mean by stylish more realistic ATB with full control over all 3 characters. X-2 was way better than XIII in that respect but I see what you mean with dresspheres = paradigm shift

User Info: sensei06

sensei06
3 years ago#15
edgefury posted...
I'm not too thrilled about 3/4 of the party being AI controlled, and see that as a backwards step, rather than progress.

I understand but you basically tell the attackers to attack and the magic users to use magic and to occassionally heal. I was fine with the auto-battle system for 13 where you could customize your parties roles.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 years ago#16
This is not forwards, it's sideways. Going forwards is when you make the same thing better. This is just a completely different thing.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: sensei06

sensei06
3 years ago#17
The_Undying_84 posted...
This is not forwards, it's sideways. Going forwards is when you make the same thing better. This is just a completely different thing.

No the same thing better is sideways. Introducing new ideas is forward.

User Info: bakkahentai8600

bakkahentai8600
3 years ago#18
IX's popularity had very little to do with battlesystem, but story. And, FFIX's popularity came about more from the rise of the internet than initial popularity.

As for FFXV, I don't mind being able to control Noctis. Noctis has always - from the very first trailer - been set up as a swiss army knife fighter. The guy with all of the weapons and abilities, so it doesn't bother me because I don't feel like I'm missing out not playing as Prompto, Ignis, and Gladiolus. And, if they didn't let Noctis use their weapons then I would feel like the gameplay was cheapened because of that reason as it would not make sense.

On the other hand, character switching in FFVII is important because the characters are established as niche fighters - Cloud uses heavy swords, Barret uses gun arms, Vincent uses guns, Tifa uses boobs, Aerith uses staffs, Yuffie uses giant shuriken, Nanaki uses headpieces, and Cait Sith uses megaphones. They all have a specialty in that regard.
Every main Final Fantasy is a good game - even if you don't like it.
Well, except for Final Fantasy XIV 1.0

PainsPerception
3 years ago#19
edgefury posted...
edgefury posted...

I mean by stylish more realistic ATB with full control over all 3 characters. X-2 was way better than XIII in that respect but I see what you mean with dresspheres = paradigm shift

ah, yeah.

while on the other hand, I didn't mind 12's gambit system either, I ended up making the party REALLY smart and it felt like I was in full control of the members being guided by the gambits. It took a while and some trial and error to get used to it. I'm sure this game will take a lot of factors into consideration.

As long as I don't level up while I'm passed out because that happened to be a LOT in FF12. I'd pass out while on one end of a map (cuz the first 1/4 of the game bored the hell out of me and I'd literally pass out while playing) and wake up 6lvs higher and on the other end of the map... ok? XD

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
3 years ago#20
sensei06 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

No the same thing better is sideways. Introducing new ideas is forward.

Exactly. It's like what Ass Creed's been doing (and failing) and what Arkham Origins did with Arkham City.
Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.- Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. To The People Unwilling To Accept Change
  • Topic Archived