• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Better translation from TGS.

User Info: lunafreya

lunafreya
3 years ago#1
The Empire of Niflheim and the Kingdom of Lucis

Niflheim and Lucis have been in war for a long time. Niflheim has an incredibly enormous power, and subjugated the most of the countries in the world. Lucis is the only country that fights against Niflheim.

Why Lucis has been able to strike a blow against Niflheim?

Lucis is blessed by the crystal. The royal family of Lucis has special power. The current King is Regis, the father of Noct. You remember that Regis summoned weapons in the former trailers. This weapon summon is one of the blessings of the crystal. Regis himself has gone off to a war in the past.

Still, Niflheim is unbeatable Regis has fought against Niflheim with Cor and Cid; however, Niflheim eventually expanded its territory, and finally, Lucis only has the crown city that is protected by the magic shield. Other territories once belonged to Lucis is now owned by Niflheim. The story of XV starts from this situation.

The magic shield that protects the Kingdom of Lucis

The power origin of the magic shield is also the power of the crystal. To protect the city from the invasion, the shield is maintained by consuming the magic power of the King; hence, the king of Lucis gets older faster, and his life has been drained rapidly.

The above is the reason of the change in Regis’s design? The half of the reason is due to the fact that the King consumes his energy to keep the magic shield. The other half will be revealed in March.

Noct’s mother deceased when Noct was still an infant. Regis never married again, and he has raised Noct by himself. Of course he is the King and has a lot of official business to do, and the time they have spent together may not have been enough. To Regis, Noct is the only son he raised, and the candidate to the next King.

It seems likely that Lucis is in the predicament The situation that Niflheim owns most of the world influences the environment and situation that surrounds Luna.

Luna is adored by people all over the world

There are people in XV world who are called the oracle. The oracle converse with god(s) and cleanse the world, and keep the stability. The special ability the oracle has is succeeded in bloodline. There’s no borderline for adoring the oracle; therefore, the oracle is supported by people in Niflheim, Lucis, and other countries. Luna is the youngest oracle ever, and adored by the world very much.

Childhood Luna attacked by Niflheim on Dawn trailer

The Kingdom of Tenebrae, the hometown of Luna, is under the control of Niflheim; nevertheless, it has autonomy since there are oracles. However, Niflheim once invaded in Tenebrae and had Luna in captivity. On that basis, the youngest oracle was born. Enjoy the details in the final product.

The concept art for Luna

Her motion of brushing aside the gun depicts that the dignity of the oracle, her mental strength as the oracle, and her strength that she never surrenders to the threat of weapons.

The bond between Noct and Luna

Luna has spent some time with Noct when they were kids. It was a very short period but the promises they made and the memories they shared have been cherished by both. This bond is the basic element like the bond of the squad and the bond between the father and the son.

Black haired lady

Her name is Gentiana. She’s standing off to Luna and she’s deeply connected to her, but she somehow stays mysterious. She’s deeply related to the story as well.

User Info: TehAssasin

TehAssasin
3 years ago#2
Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued by the setup of the plot, though Luna sounds awfully similar to Yuna.
(message deleted)

User Info: Gabo78

Gabo78
3 years ago#4
Yuna is the most popular FF female character in Japan, so no surprise Luna sounds similar to Yuna, even the name is the same lol.

User Info: bakkahentai8600

bakkahentai8600
3 years ago#5
So, Attack on Titan without the titans is Lucis's situation, huh.
Every main Final Fantasy is a good game - even if you don't like it.
Well, except for Final Fantasy XIV 1.0

User Info: AsGryffynn

AsGryffynn
3 years ago#6
bakkahentai8600 posted...
So, Attack on Titan without the titans is Lucis's situation, huh.

Sounds more like The Last Olympian to me...
thepetitionsite.com/151/063/248/localize-more-visual-novels-for-the-psvita
Mods do a terrible job at modding. Get better and give harsher punishments for it.

User Info: sean434

sean434
3 years ago#7
TehAssasin posted...
Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued by the setup of the plot, though Luna sounds awfully similar to Yuna.

That's my only gripe with Luna so far.

I wish they had at least given her a name that isn't so similar. I like the sound of Lunafreya, but it seems like she's just going to go by Luna most of the time.

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
3 years ago#8
Ugh, the idea that NIfleheim somehow manages to take over the world except the one the protagonist resides in doesn't really make it very original and not only that but they made promises as children which will surely come into play for plot reasons. Oh I can only hope it's executed well.

User Info: psolitsa

psolitsa
3 years ago#9
Well, now that they added the fantasy element into the story all I can say is: This is some bs.

User Info: lunafreya

lunafreya
3 years ago#10
they made promises as children which will surely come into play for plot reasons. Oh I can only hope it's executed well.

Me too.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Better translation from TGS.
  • Topic Archived