• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. "Preparing new information; please wait a while" - SE re XV

User Info: Jimothy_Kun

Jimothy_Kun
5 years ago#71
E3 couldn't come soon enough. Hype is through the roof.

User Info: CokaineCowboy77

CokaineCowboy77
5 years ago#72
BlazingRain posted...
Yeah, I'm sure the fact that the director and lead decision maker has a higher priority project that takes up more of his time isn't a bottleneck at all.

Seeing as he's only one person and the project is going along without him anyway, probably.

I went ahead and checked that. Out of about 560 developers that worked on FF XIII (including QA but not including things like localization teams, marketing, actors, etc.), 216 also worked on FF VII, VIII, and X. Of those, 94 also worked on VII and VIII.

Mobygames? Mobygames.

Why you felt the need to include people who had no credits and people that worked on X is beyond me, we're talking about FFVII and VIII.

Yoshinori Kitase: VII, VIII, - series producer, no surprise here
Motomu Toriyama: VII, X - created the honeybee Inn in VII, not much of a credit
Shintaro Takai: VII, VIII, X
Tetsuya Nomura: VII, VIII, X - series developer, no surprise here
Yoshitaka Amano: VII, VIII, X - series developer, no surprise here
Kazushige Nojima: VII, VIII, X - series developer, no surprise here
Takeshi Iwabuchi: VIII, X
Takayoshi Nakazato: VII, VIII, X
Hiroaki Hishinuma: VIII, X - can you find this credit? In-game credits.
Hideo Kubota: VII, VIII, X
Masaaki Kazeno: VIII, X
Yoshiyuki Soma: VIII, X
Yusuke Tanaka: VII, VIII, X
Koji Kobayashi: VII, VIII
Yasunari Ohnishi: VIII, X - can you fin this guy's credits for VII, as well? In-game credits.

So really, your lost boils down to this:

Hideo Kubota: VII, VIII, X
Masaaki Kazeno: VIII, X
Yoshiyuki Soma: VIII, X
Yusuke Tanaka: VII, VIII, X
Koji Kobayashi: VII, VIII
Takeshi Iwabuchi: VIII, X
Takayoshi Nakazato: VII, VIII, X
Shintaro Takai: VII, VIII, X

Now whether these are main developers or not in FFXIII is debatable for some, and that would narrow your lost down some further. But I'll give you those 8 I suppose.

Yes, but as I've shown you apparently don't.

Yeah, with your extreme knowledge of how to use Mobygames! Do your own research and you'll see I'm, right. What I'm saying has been commonly accepted for quite a while now. Catch up.
"Also, do not how this isn't 'mashing X', which means your wrong" - SBK, in a nutshell, folks. In a nutshell.

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
5 years ago#73
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Hiroaki Hishinuma: VIII, X - can you find this credit? In-game credits.

http://youtu.be/V8rrzq3nC50?t=44s
http://youtu.be/j_sTd8SqnTc?t=1m16s

Yasunari Ohnishi: VIII, X - can you fin this guy's credits for VII, as well? In-game credits.

http://youtu.be/V8rrzq3nC50?t=1m43s
http://youtu.be/j_sTd8SqnTc?t=33s

Motomu Toriyama: VII, X - created the honeybee Inn in VII, not much of a credit

That's not all he did. I know you're a troll, but at least try to make reasonable claims that might get unnoticed. He was responsible for a lot of the entire opening segment, and apparently had to do with Aeris' character as well. He was most likely responsible for more too, but either way it's certainly more than just "the honeybee inn" as you claim.

And lol at you arbitrarily deciding not to count guys like Kitase and Nomura, as if their ubiquity disqualified them from the list of developers who worked on both XIII and either VII or VIII.

So we have about half of the major guys (directors, team leads) that worked on XIII also having worked on either FF VII or FF VIII (15/31), and the majority worked on one or more of those two plus X (22/31). In other words, the majority of major players on XIII were also involved with at least one of the three most successful FFs.

In other words, my original claim was correct and yours was another hideous blunder.

What I'm saying has been commonly accepted for quite a while now. Catch up.

Accepted by who? Nomura fanboys and trolls such as yourself?

Either provide data to the contrary or stop trying to argue.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

CokaineCowboy77
5 years ago#74
BlazingRain posted...
That's not all he did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460751

and lol at you arbitrarily deciding not to count guys like Kitase and Nomura, as if their ubiquity disqualified them from the list of developers who worked on both XIII and either VII or VIII.

I've done it to both pieces of data.

So we have about half of the major guys (directors, team leads) that worked on XIII also having worked on either FF VII or FF VIII (15/31), and the majority worked on one or more of those two plus X (22/31). In other words, the majority of major players on XIII were also involved with at least one of the three most successful FFs.

I don't know where you're getting the number of 31 directors and team leaders from. Why don't we use Mobygames general credits, as they are mostly right in terms of actual people? There are 35 major credits there. Now, seeing as I discounted FF regulars from my other list where I got 22/36, it's only right I do the same. That brings it to 9. 9/35.

And I don't know why you're bringing X into the equation as I never denied that they were involved in XIII. In fact I outright stated that they mostly carried over.

Accepted by who?

From what I can see, most people on here, Youtube comments, a general gathered consensus from being more involved in the community than you have seeing as you don't know about a Versus trailer.
"Also, do not how this isn't 'mashing X', which means your wrong" - SBK, in a nutshell, folks. In a nutshell.

User Info: Kite_G

Kite_G
5 years ago#75
zombie_basher13 posted...
I swear, SE is like the old dial up internet, taking forever.

"Now booting. Attempting to connect. Please wait."

Lol!! Honestly at this point we deserve some ground breaking news soon on SquareEnix @E3 if they do care they will entertain us with a plethora of news. Its been too long.
Name: Kite Town: Silmeria - Brian
3DS FC: 3840 - 6186 - 9718 // Pokemon X & Y

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
5 years ago#76
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460751

Thinking that him working on the Honeybee Inn segment implies he worked on nothing else. Sadly it's hardly the worst your gaffes.

I don't know where you're getting the number of 31 directors and team leaders from. Why don't we use Mobygames general credits, as they are mostly right in terms of actual people?

"Don't use MobyGames! It's wrong!"

"No wait, MobyGames helps my argument. Use MobyGames!"

And I don't know why you're bringing X into the equation as I never denied that they were involved in XIII. In fact I outright stated that they mostly carried over.

You apparently also don't know why you're even arguing. This is what started your terrible troll job:

BlazingRain posted...
They clearly learned their lesson regarding linearity, and the team was ultimately responsible for the most popular FFs.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

CokaineCowboy77
5 years ago#77
BlazingRain posted...
Thinking that him working on the Honeybee Inn segment implies he worked on nothing else.

So if I think that Nomura was the character designer for FFVIII that means I think he did nothing else? Your ideologies are really funny.

"Don't use MobyGames! It's wrong!"

"No wait, MobyGames helps my argument.

Anything helps my argument. Do you want to use something else? Would you care to point out the flaws in the data? I've been nice enough to point out the flaws in yours.

You apparently also don't know why you're even arguing. This is what started your terrible troll job:

Woah, harsh words man. Really hitting me where it hurts. Getting called a troll on the internet now that **** hurts.

BlazingRain posted...
They clearly learned their lesson regarding linearity, and the team was ultimately responsible for the most popular FFs.

So that's VII, VIII and X. Seeing as they were only mostly involved with X (by 8% by the way), that constitutes 1/3. So wrong. If we were to count up the entire number of lead developers from each team and see which ones worked on XII it would be even less.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. "Preparing new information; please wait a while" - SE re XV
  • Topic Archived