• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Should SQEX announce FFXVI by Hiroyuki Ito before FFXV is released in NA/EU?

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
They announced FFXIII at E3 2006, before FFXII was released in NA/EU. Should they do it again? - Results (102 votes)
Yes. Doing so will let people know that PS4/One will not revolve around FFXV and its sequels.
18.63% (19 votes)
Yes. Doing so will let people know that there's another mainline FF to look foward to if they dislike FFXV.
11.76% (12 votes)
No. Revealing FFXVI before FFXV is released in NA/EU will impact the sales of FFXV in those regions.
6.86% (7 votes)
No. SQEX need to stop announcing new mainline FF games before their predecessors are released.
42.16% (43 votes)
I don't care either way.
20.59% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I would be fine if they did this. It would only be fair considering how FFXIII was announced at E3 2006, before FFXII was even released in NA/EU.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

User Info: Fairy_Walnut

Fairy_Walnut
5 years ago#2
I voted no but then thought about it and now and saying announce it shortly before FFXV release.

1Truth
5 years ago#3
Fairy_Walnut posted...
I voted no but then thought about it and now and saying announce it shortly before FFXV release.

The way I feel about it, they should announce FFXVI with a trailer at E3 2015 and then release FFXV in NA/EU in Q4 2015. It will basically be the same as what they did with FFXIII and FFXII.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

User Info: Xenil

Xenil
5 years ago#4
I think it'd be better if they announced it after XV has been released. I think we're all sick of SE announcing things and then not releasing them until years later.

Announce XVI when it's ready, preferably 1-2 years before release.

User Info: SKEWER_007

SKEWER_007
5 years ago#5
Did you really have to mention that it's by Hiroyuki Ito? A simple FFXVI would have sufficed -_-.

But on topic, they could announce it soon after the NA/EU release of XV.

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
5 years ago#6
XVI wont be anounced. XV is going to be an epic 1truth. Likely spanning 3 games. XVI will be announced maybe 3 years into the PS4s lifespan and thats pushing it.

XII wasnt an epic so the released news for XIII. XV however will be with us as the main FF title untill your 5 years older 1truth. Should probably just forget about Ito now
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson

User Info: Kumori_no_Yoru

Kumori_no_Yoru
5 years ago#7
SKEWER_007 posted...
Did you really have to mention that it's by Hiroyuki Ito? A simple FFXVI would have sufficed -_-.

Given who the TC in question is, are you really surprised?

And they intend on pushing out some additional games for FFXV, so my guess is they won't be announcing a FFXVI any time soon.
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Solatorobo: Sore Kara CODA e (replay)

1Truth
5 years ago#8
ManaYuka posted...
XVI wont be anounced. XV is going to be an epic 1truth. Likely spanning 3 games. XVI will be announced maybe 3 years into the PS4s lifespan and thats pushing it.

XII wasnt an epic so the released news for XIII. XV however will be with us as the main FF title untill your 5 years older 1truth. Should probably just forget about Ito now

They released FFXII between all the Compilation of FFVII sequels. They could do the same for FFXVI during all the FFXV sequels.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
5 years ago#9
1Truth posted...
The way I feel about it, they should announce FFXVI with a trailer at E3 2015 and then release FFXV in NA/EU in Q4 2015. It will basically be the same as what they did with FFXIII and FFXII.

Also what would you think if Ito and Toriyama co direct XVI with Kitase as producer? I think they could balance out and maybe make a good game, especially if Ito is in charge of the battle system.
Xenil posted...
I think it'd be better if they announced it after XV has been released. I think we're all sick of SE announcing things and then not releasing them until years later.

Announce XVI when it's ready, preferably 1-2 years before release.

This, I wouldn't want them to announce it then not work on it until XV, XV-2, XV-3 and another MMO are done. 5 year delay between announcement and entering full production. XV's announcement at E3 was nice, but would have had a greater impact if that was the original announcement(no 2006 trailer) and we got all of the info from 2006-2012(except current) after this E3, probably a lot of it would have shown up at this TGS.

1Truth
5 years ago#10
FFT-Fan posted...
Also what would you think if Ito and Toriyama co direct XVI with Kitase as producer? I think they could balance out and maybe make a good game, especially if Ito is in charge of the battle system.

Would never happen. Hiroyuki Ito doesn't work for 1st Production Department. He works for the department that made FFT/Vagrant Story/FFTA/FFXII/FFTA2/Tactics Ogre PSP. Therefore, himself and Kitase/Toriyama are part of two completely different development groups. You will never see a Ito working on any Kitase/Toriyama games ever again. That's why he's had no involvement in any FF games made by them since FFXIII. He doesn't work for that department.

I'm pretty sure that Ito's department (FFT/Vagrant Story/FFXII/FFTA2/Tactics Ogre PSP) is currently working on FFXVI.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Should SQEX announce FFXVI by Hiroyuki Ito before FFXV is released in NA/EU?
  • Topic Archived