• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Reasons that support the belief that Hiroyuki Ito developing FFXVI for PS4/One

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
I'm posting this to calm down all the fans who are worried Hiroyuki Ito will never direct another mainline FF game. There is strong evidence that implies he's either directing FFXVI or has some other major role on it. Here are points I've assembled over the past two years that support the belief:

November 2011
> Yoshinori Kitase said that we will get FFXV and FFXVI in the near future.

February 2012
> Hironobu Sakaguchi told me face-to-face while he was in London, he believes Hiroyuki Ito could make FF a leading and respected RPG series again.

March 2012
> Shinichi Tatsuke stated that Hiroyuki Ito only provided the original concept of Guardian Cross and was not actually a member of the development team.

August 2012
> Naoki Yoshida said that Hiroyuki Ito was not working on FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. However, he wouldn't disclose what game Ito was working on.

> Naoki Yoshida said that FFXIV ARR is the starting point of regaining people's trust in the FF franchise. He added it will make people excited to see what will be in store for them in FFXV and FFXVI.

September 2012
> Hiroyuki Ito said that current gen (PS3/360) was too weak to handle his gameplay ideas.

May 2013
> I asked Toshiyuki Itahana via Twitter if Hiroyuki Ito will direct another mainline FF, as FFIX and FFXII are my favorites. He replied saying that he also respects Hiroyuki Ito as an amazing game creator, and that I should please look forward to Ito's next game.

> Nobuo Uematsu told me face-to-face while he was in London, he can guarantee that Hiroyuki Ito will direct another FF game. When I asked if Ito will direct either FFXV or FFXVI, he laughed and replied that his answer would get him in trouble with Square Enix.

July 2013
> Shinji Hashimoto said that Hiroyuki ito has been planning and proposing ideas for a new project. He added that Ito is adding a lot of depth to the gameplay systems and mechanics. As a result, development of this project will take some time.

September 2013
> I asked Yasumi Matsuno via Twitter if he would write the scenario for FFXVI if Hiroyuki Ito was the director and requested him to. He replied saying thanks for the question, but he unfortunately had "certain reservations" about answering it. In other words, the answer to the question was in NDA territory.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

User Info: AshleyRiot223

AshleyRiot223
5 years ago#2
O_o

And here i thought you would come in gunz blazin'...

Those are all standard PR answers those devs and Hashimoto provide. I thought we FF Ito supporters could get reassured alas.
"There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future... Get thee gone, Darkness!!"-Ashley Riot

User Info: Valcrist_Mk2

Valcrist_Mk2
5 years ago#3
He did the EXACT same thing before XV was released, posting sings and proof that XV is an Ito game.

Look how that turned out.
Yeah the first one was difficult. Hopefully DS2 is easier. - drsw on Dark Souls series.

1Truth
5 years ago#4
AshleyRiot223 posted...
O_o

And here i thought you would come in gunz blazin'...

Those are all standard PR answers those devs and Hashimoto provide. I thought we FF Ito supporters could get reassured alas.

I agree, we don't have much to hold onto, but that will always be the case until FFXVI actually gets announced. No SQEX staff or associate is going to outright say Ito is directing FFXVI before then. You have to learn to read between the lines and corroborate the various statements until that time comes.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

1Truth
5 years ago#5
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
He did the EXACT same thing before XV was released, posting sings and proof that XV is an Ito game.

The game that I believed was FFXV has simply been renamed FFXVI. Therefore, my theory that Ito is making the next true mainline FF (FFXV is a FFXIII spin-off) has yet to be debunked. If anything, my theory has been made more solid, as Ito is the only person free to direct FFXVI. Everybody else is busy with already announced games.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
5 years ago#6
1Truth posted...
FFXV is a FFXIII spin-off

*100+ posts later*
Playing: ToGf (JP).

User Info: Valcrist_Mk2

Valcrist_Mk2
5 years ago#7
1Truth posted...
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...

The game that I believed was FFXV has simply been renamed FFXVI. Therefore, my theory that Ito is making the next true mainline FF (FFXV is a FFXIII spin-off) has yet to be debunked. If anything, my theory has been made more solid, as Ito is the only person free to direct FFXVI. Everybody else is busy with already announced games.

I dunno if I should be impressed or scared.
Yeah the first one was difficult. Hopefully DS2 is easier. - drsw on Dark Souls series.

1Truth
5 years ago#8
DragoonGriffith posted...
1Truth posted...
FFXV is a FFXIII spin-off

*100+ posts later*

By now, people should know what I mean when I make that statement. I don't regard FFXV as true mainline FF, as it was previously announced as spin-off to FFXIII. Further more, the game doesn't even look impressive as a PS4 game. The graphics look like an upscaled PS3 game. I'm waiting for the FF built from the ground up for PS4 that will have graphics equal to the real-time CGI of Agni's Philosophy.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: sMpNoctisorG

sMpNoctisorG
5 years ago#9
1Truth posted...
Therefore, my theory that Ito is making the next true mainline FF (FFXV is a FFXIII spin-off) has yet to be debunked.

Further more, the game doesn't even look impressive as a PS4 game. The graphics look like an upscaled PS3 game.

Great. Just GTFO here. This is "FFXV" Board not FFXVI.
Look at the f***s we give---> .

XVI won't be out at least in 5 yrs. anyway, XV having sequels n stuffs.

And I can't believe about that upscaled PS3 crap. Really..? The game is still being developed, give it a break..
FFXV, KH3 and MGSV. Dota 2.<3

User Info: bksonic123

bksonic123
5 years ago#10
Thanks for finding all of this. I don't know why people doubt that Ito is working on the next FF. All signs point to him doing so.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Reasons that support the belief that Hiroyuki Ito developing FFXVI for PS4/One
  • Topic Archived