• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. New Famitsu Article Key Points

User Info: fireferret98

fireferret98
7 years ago#1
I read through the new Famitsu article and these are the key points I found.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/24035505.html

+ According to Nomura, the game's name and platform have changed but, there are absolutely no changes to the story.

+ You can ride on top and free run on the monsters in this game such as the behemoth and even the larger scale bosses. By doing so you can aim for their weak points and take down specific parts as you go.

+ In terms of the overall fighting gameplay, Nomura is really trying to focus on the element of speed. At times he says, players might not know what is going on.

+ The camera we see now will be different from the one in the final product. He realizes it is flawed right now and is aiming to create a more realistic camera as if you were watching the events play out in real life. He wants the camera to not only follow the character but for it to feel like someone is live recording the events in the game.

+ They are very close to closing the gap between real time and pre-rended scenes so the final product will look even better than what we see now.

+ Cor is one of the playable characters and his weapon is a Katana that we have yet to see. He's also 42 years old. In Japanese culture 42 is an extremely unlucky age for men and it is believed that a person that age may meet with great misfortune. It is called, Yakudoshi(Unlucky age).

+ The red headed male and the older male with the sharp glare are two of Noctis' enemies and it seems there are plently more enemies we have not seen yet.

+ The reason why the red character has red hair is because his voice actor is Fujiwara Keiji who has played the roles of other famous red headed characters such as Reno and Axel in the past.

+ Nomura comments that while he introduced a new girl in the last trailer, he admits the trailer was full of male characters. He says nothing more lollol.

+ Nomura explains that it would be a waste of money and time if this game was only offline and ended after one play so they are looking at ways to expand into online content. Additionally, as we've heard before, they are looking at expanding to the PS Vita, tablets, and the PC(If there is demand).

+ FFXV will be present at the Tokyo Game Show, and will also receive occasional updates through media outlets such as Famitsu.

+ Nomura says that in the current generation of gaming, many say that Japanese game development has fallen behind the west. He would like to use Final Fantasy 15 as proof that this will not happen again in the next generation of consoles. *Quite a statement there*

If I missed anything let me know!
Reporting live from Japan.
Anticipated games: Final Fantasy XV, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Kingdom Hearts III, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

User Info: EscaSyra

EscaSyra
7 years ago#2
Thanks for summing this up.

I hope Reno's American VA does the voice for him in the English version.
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake

User Info: Rose_of_May

Rose_of_May
7 years ago#3
Thanks for the news TC. I like what I'm reading.

Cor is one of the playable characters and his weapon is a Katana that we have yet to see. He's also 42 years old. In Japanese culture 42 is an extremely unlucky age for men and it is believed that a person that age may meet with great misfortune. It is called, Yakudoshi(Unlucky age).

Cor's death is almost confirmed now.

You can ride on top and free run on the monsters in this game such as the behemoth and even the larger scale bosses. By doing so you can aim for their weak points and take down specific parts as you go.

Sounds Shadow of the Colossus/Dragon's Dogma inspired.

User Info: fireferret98

fireferret98
7 years ago#4
Rose_of_May posted...
Thanks for the news TC. I like what I'm reading.

Cor is one of the playable characters and his weapon is a Katana that we have yet to see. He's also 42 years old. In Japanese culture 42 is an extremely unlucky age for men and it is believed that a person that age may meet with great misfortune. It is called, Yakudoshi(Unlucky age).

Cor's death is almost confirmed now.

Lol I literally thought the same thing.
Reporting live from Japan.
Anticipated games: Final Fantasy XV, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Kingdom Hearts III, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

User Info: ShinGundam

ShinGundam
7 years ago#5
fireferret98 posted...

+ Cor is one of the playable characters and his weapon is a Katana that we have yet to see. He's also 42 years old. In Japanese culture 42 is an extremely unlucky age for men and it is believed that a person that age may meet with great misfortune. It is called, Yakudoshi(Unlucky age).

LOL XD

User Info: Rasukou

Rasukou
7 years ago#6
Death is not the only misfortune. Thanks for the translation!
Welcome to the new age.

User Info: NightEnigma

NightEnigma
7 years ago#7
Since it's obvious that Cor is gonna die I do hope a female character takes his spot in the group.
Rock Music FanGirl.

User Info: Ginta2468

Ginta2468
7 years ago#8
Interesting, I love that there will be online! Many may not be exicited for it but I love the competitiveness in RPGs with online.

Also, it seems my theory on Cor my come true after all of him not being permanent. I'm also holding out for 1v1 boss fights vs. people like the red haired man.
The ps4 hype!

User Info: j-fielding95

j-fielding95
7 years ago#9
No new info on black haired girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s

User Info: Jeff Zero

Jeff Zero
7 years ago#10
Going to bring this over to the GameFAQs Contests Board. Will properly cite you for all your hard work, of course. Thank you so much.
"Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is." -Petyr Baelish
http://videogam.in/pages/files/Cloud_Strife/embedded_4f5ad0351874e6.50239370.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. New Famitsu Article Key Points
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A