• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is Tetsuya Nomura the biggest misogynist or what? Forget this game.

User Info: CremFreche

CremFreche
5 years ago#1
Every game he's ever made seems to be 99% male characters. And while he does his best to make the male characters fleshed out, or interesting, not in my opinion...but everyone else's, it seems the one or two female characters actually IN his games (I'm looking at you, Kingdom Farts), are bland and uninteresting.

Because of this, roles normally relegated to females are ALWAYS given to males, which is what sort of turned me off from the Kingdom Hearts series. I don't have any problem with gay relationships, and I know, I KNOW the characters aren't REALLY gay, but watching a bunch of boys in tight leather get angst-y over one another isn't my idea of good storytelling.

I remember in the original Versus XIII trailers, gameplay, ect, almost the ENTIRE focus seemed to be this sort of Romeo and Juliet thing going on between Noctis and Stella. And guess who was missing entirely from both E3 trailers?

A SINGLE FEMALE. NOT ONE. There wasn't a SINGLE WOMAN in SIGHT during the ENTIRETY of both trailers, this is just sickening. I almost feel like Nomura's games were MADE for women, fangirls, weeaboos, the same fat, ugly chicks that go to anime conventions and buy plushies of their favorite Kingdom Hearts guy.

I'm not the type to discredit the game on something as stupid as this, because the game looks extremely fantastic. It looks as if they actually TRIED this time around as opposed to the god-awful Final Fantasy XIII. And that effort has paid off with a game that actually looks quite good.

But throw me a bone here. What is it with Nomura and his total hatred of women? How come 1 out of every 20 characters is female in his flagship series, Kingdom Hearts? A trait that seems to have been passed on over to Versus...I mean XV.

And yeah, I know Stella was in a cut-in during the end. But guess what? Out of those 15-some characters there, she looked to be THE ONLY FEMALE. Are you kidding me? I realize Japan probably isn't the most progressive country when it comes to women being outside of their traditional roles, but this is just bordering on stupid. Seems the "forget it, nobody likes women outside of the kitchen anyway, so they don't get roles in this story-heavy game" trope is still afoot in Japanese games.

Back to my western RPGs, I guess. Where women make up at least half of the cast, like they're supposed to, and exist in roles outside of being a shy, awkward and doofy little brainless princess with big cans.

User Info: OpheliaAdenade

OpheliaAdenade
5 years ago#2
Guys are hotter. o.o I really don't get the appeal of girls at all. Why do guys like them so much anyway? I'd much rather be looking at guys. I'm glad Nomura understands this.
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw

User Info: BiTronic

BiTronic
5 years ago#3
Looks like you havn't seen KH3D's secret ending.
CAIUS, Y U NO STOP USING RAISE?!

User Info: KOTRsss

KOTRsss
5 years ago#4
Did you find out about Japan yesterday?
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."

User Info: laharl12345

laharl12345
5 years ago#5
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Guys are hotter. o.o I really don't get the appeal of girls at all. Why do guys like them so much anyway? I'd much rather be looking at guys. I'm glad Nomura understands this.

It could be because your a straight female... nah couldn't be it.
Soul Silver Friend Code - 2581 1189 1113

User Info: v0yag3r

v0yag3r
5 years ago#6
tl;dr. welcome to jrpgs.
Relinquish your pain unto me.

User Info: DullahanEX

DullahanEX
5 years ago#7
FFX-2
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening

User Info: OpheliaAdenade

OpheliaAdenade
5 years ago#8
laharl12345 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

It could be because your a straight female... nah couldn't be it.

yes, that would explain a lot. o.o
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw

User Info: Ponymoney

Ponymoney
5 years ago#9
http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/images/archive/8/88/20120221125522!AquaCG2.png

User Info: Rasukou

Rasukou
5 years ago#10
Well, when you're creating something, you ought to put your better foot forward and draw from experience and knowledge. Perhaps Nomura feels he's better at working with male characters and talking about them.

The absence of female characters doesn't necessarily make him a misogynist; on the contrary, he might even be doing female characters justice by not including potentially crappy ones.
Shiritainoka?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is Tetsuya Nomura the biggest misogynist or what? Forget this game.
  • Topic Archived