• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
  3. It is amazing playing this on PSTV!

User Info: Snake

Snake
4 years ago#1
I've always been a fan of this game and for the longest time I have wanted to play this on a tv with a proper PlayStation controller using the right analog for the camera and it was so frustrating that it was never re released as PS3 compatible for this reason.

I've used the PSP's crappy video-out but that letterboxed the games and leaves you with an awkward cable setup using the PSP as a controller. I switched to trying an emulator using a PlayStation controller through a pc and while it controlled fine the graphic emulation had glitches and framerate issues and was just too much of a hassle to be satisfying.

PSTV finally provides what I've always wanted and even though I was forced to buy the game again as well buy a console that I will probably never use for anything else (Got it relatively cheap anyways) it was all worth it because I love being able to play this game with so much more ease and so much more comfortably. Extremely satisfying!
Are you not....entertained!?

User Info: NEKORODEO

NEKORODEO
4 years ago#2
So it works on a USA account? I've been waiting for ages to play this on the PSTV and the last few times I've tried it always comes up as an error. I'm going to try this when I get home. Last time someone posted that it worked on the PSTV was 7months ago and I still kept getting an error. Well, here's to another try.
Gamefaqs, at least it's not Resetera. That's something I think

User Info: Snake

Snake
4 years ago#3
Sorry man, I'm using the PAL version. I wasn't aware that the US version had issues until now. I do know that the PAL version was given a few updates from the US version on original release so maybe that has something to do with it? What I would try in your situation if not already is to try playing the game off the internal memory. I don't have a Vita Memory Card so am literally using the PSTV for Portable Ops alone because it takes up almost the entire internal capacity and who knows if there's an issue with some games loading off Vita cards with the system.

I'd also look into how many different model versions of PSTV were released because maybe the hardware wasn't fully developed in earlier models and that's why some games don't work. My model is VTE-1002. Hope it works out.
Are you not....entertained!?
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
  3. It is amazing playing this on PSTV!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A