• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars
  3. Help with the Sheriff's hot pursuit challenge !!!

User Info: questionmarkIII

questionmarkIII
12 years ago#1

This task is so much harder than the other parts of the game, for sure.

Looking at youtube to get a few ideas, I was surprised. In the videos, the cars being chased seem to react differently to the ones in my game (is there a 360 version difference? ). They don't seem hard to catch at all in the youtube games. With using my turbo it hardly makes any difference with closing the gap

I know drifting is a no no, as there is way too much chance of losing control for a fraction of a second and losing the car being chased. So I have used brake much more, and turboing out of corner to make up for the loss of momentum.

I'm only 1 cup off doing my next major race (144 cups need 145 :( ) so I need to get my next hot pursuit to get it (hoodlums) . I think I have done everything I can at this stage to all available cups so far (I'm in chapter 3). Got all the postcards I can up to this point.

Any hints and tips for doing the achievement?

Also I tried to use the VROOOOM & IMSPEED in the cheat menu, but I couldn't get them to work in the story mode. I entered them in before I started my game, got a chime sound as I accepted them, but in the game nothing has changed Has a patch or something stopped you using the codes in the story mode?

1. Boards
  2. Cars
  3. Help with the Sheriff's hot pursuit challenge !!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find (postcards)? Side Quest3 Answers