• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: plasmatic5

plasmatic5
10 years ago#1
Is there anyway to get it to start on my new desktop? It's windows vista 64 bit, 6 gigs of ram, very good graphics card. it should run. Anyone know why it won't and how to fix it???
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles

User Info: CountCristo

CountCristo
10 years ago#2
Can you be a little more specific? Any error messages? Does the process show up on the Task Manager?

User Info: plasmatic5

plasmatic5
10 years ago#3
The usual window opens up when i put the CD in asking me if i want ot go to Help, Start Game, Exit or Options...the Forces of Corruption window. I click on Start Game and it goes to a black screen as if it's trying to load. When i minimize it, i get a message from windows saying "An Exception has occurred. See _logfile.txt and _except.txt for details. Press CANCEL to exit or RETRY to debug." I went to the except.txt file...i didn't understand a lot of it though. And i couldn't even find the logfile and i searched for it too. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you want me to copy the beginning part (the part that says what the problem is) so y'all can see it, please tell me. Any help is much appreciated.
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
10 years ago#4
This game does not support Windows 64-bit. Contact Petroglyph for details on how to make your game run, as they usually get it fixed. However, it isn't technically their problem, as LucasArts and Petroglyph both made it clear that his game only supports the 32-bit version of Vista. If they don't help you, then tough.
Proud owner of the original beatin' stick of joy.

User Info: EL PARRo

EL PARRo
10 years ago#5
There is a fix for this. I had this same problem when I installed Vista 64 about a month ago, and after hours of searching on google, I found this solution that works perfectly. Here's the link, and more specifically you want to look at post #56.

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5417&st=40&start=40

To clarify, you need to do the following:
1. Go into C: > Program Files (x86) > Lucas Arts > Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption > Data
2. Create a new folder called "XML"
3. Open notepad, copy and paste the code Mike.nl provided, and save it as "GraphicDetails.xml" (make sure you remove the ".txt" that usually appears by default when saving a new file in notepad) in the XML folder you just created.
4. Launch FoC. It should now work fine.
A bullet can also cure a birth defect. - Michael Savage
http://michaelsavage.wnd.com/

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
10 years ago#6
Heh. I was right, It is always wise to go to the Petroglyph forums or to email them directly. Never LucasArts- they just published the game.
Proud owner of the original beatin' stick of joy.
  • Topic Archived