• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: prince2phore

prince2phore
5 months ago#1
So just to let everyone know in case you run into them, so far playing the english patched version on PS3 HW (it's a blast!):
  • intro video and FMV in general are laggy, especially the music
  • into music track on opening menu is lagging
  • had some crash on OG1 Ryussei route when playing R1's R-formation attack (just skip them and ok, only in one stage I forgot which one)
  • interesting bug in OG2 stage 43 moon craddle, preventing Mekibos from showing up on the map! music playing and screen stuck because the robot was not appearing on screen (and some blank dialog text sometimes). Checked on orginial non patched and got the same results so maybe not due to patch. finally had to restart from beginning of stage (it's a 2 part stage) and take a bit more time. I noticed on my first attempt I cleaned the first part in just 2 turns and when I got to the moon some ennemies didn't show up (the 4 spiders). once I restarted I waited 4 turn before going to part 2 and the moon craddle and I got the full complement of ennemies showing up and no more bugs. Of course I have all SR points and it's a first playthrough of OG2 (only with carryover from OG1 save).

So as always, very solid games, only when you push to the limits you can see some bugs but there's always a way to go past them. though I was a bit stuck with the last one and scared when it didn't work even with original version, just restarting from menu save and doing things a bit differently was enough.
If you face such bugs, don't give up! that's the lesson ;)

User Info: sledgelmil

sledgelmil
4 months ago#2
prince2phore posted...
So just to let everyone know in case you run into them, so far playing the english patched version on PS3 HW (it's a blast!):
* intro video and FMV in general are laggy, especially the music
* into music track on opening menu is lagging
* had some crash on OG1 Ryussei route when playing R1's R-formation attack (just skip them and ok, only in one stage I forgot which one)
* interesting bug in OG2 stage 43 moon craddle, preventing Mekibos from showing up on the map! music playing and screen stuck because the robot was not appearing on screen (and some blank dialog text sometimes). Checked on orginial non patched and got the same results so maybe not due to patch. finally had to restart from beginning of stage (it's a 2 part stage) and take a bit more time. I noticed on my first attempt I cleaned the first part in just 2 turns and when I got to the moon some ennemies didn't show up (the 4 spiders). once I restarted I waited 4 turn before going to part 2 and the moon craddle and I got the full complement of ennemies showing up and no more bugs. Of course I have all SR points and it's a first playthrough of OG2 (only with carryover from OG1 save).

So as always, very solid games, only when you push to the limits you can see some bugs but there's always a way to go past them. though I was a bit stuck with the last one and scared when it didn't work even with original version, just restarting from menu save and doing things a bit differently was enough.
If you face such bugs, don't give up! that's the lesson ;)

Nice to know this, i am going to play OG once i finish Resident Evil (PS1)
Thanks!
PSN - HDMIx4

User Info: Zoth

Zoth
1 week ago#3
I know it's old, but that could be a problem because of playing it on ps3. I know the Dragon Quest V ps2 fan patch had a problem at a point if played on ps3 (a cutscene where a character would walk through a door just had them endlessly walking into it.) And it only happened on the ps3.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRSnXQAwh_MtE67zVuvZzg
My twitch: https://m.twitch.tv/zothandfriends/profile
(edited 1 week ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A