• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eragon
  3. What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?

User Info: itcheyness

itcheyness
10 years ago#471
<_<
RI's official spy
I'm like James Bond without the getting laid all the time.

User Info: BrokenLionEdge

BrokenLionEdge
10 years ago#472
So...who will have the honour of making topic 2
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

User Info: itcheyness

itcheyness
10 years ago#473
THE ARCHIVE MONSTER'S BACK!!

*heroically battles the archive monster*
Great cheese come from cows that don't have to live through Earthquakes.
Real Wisconsin cheese

User Info: cither3000

cither3000
9 years ago#474
Eh, it's funny to see how the people on Anti-Shurtugal make arguments on how original Tokein and Lucas were, when they pretty much took everything out of ancient mythology. The people are so concentrated on bashing a new talent they fail to see flaws with their own favorite pieces of literature
I will fight for my freedom and liberty. I will die for yours.

User Info: some09guy II

some09guy II
9 years ago#475
Most people there, I don't think, have too many problems with originality. It's more prose and outright plagiarism without acknowledgment. Though I agree, people who think Tolkien and especially Lucas were completely original need to check their facts.

cither3000
9 years ago#476
Yes, but he acknowledges what he used, and Paolini seems to have a bit more politics in his work than Lucas or Tolkein, he stays true to his made-up language and seems to get mroe involved with races as a whole. And I like the way he used Elain's pregnancy to show how much time had passed, only about eight or nine months, though it may seem longer or shorter, as it is through the eyes of a farmboy, who is accustomed to tracking time by seasons.

User Info: Zora_Prince

Zora_Prince
9 years ago#477
I don't want this topic to die! D:
No, I am not OreonX1. Now please quit asking!
Loyal Member of Darth Fable's Army, Board 588936

some09guy II
9 years ago#478
cither3000
Posted 4/25/2009 8:05:20 PM
message detail Yes, but he acknowledges what he used,

Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking about Paolini with this?

cither3000
9 years ago#479
Yes, in his interviews he acknowledges he used Tolkein and Lucas a template from which to grow his world from.

some09guy II
9 years ago#480
Hah. He's still got a little way to catch up if you really want to say he's given the proper acknowledgments. Lucas and Tolkien were only the two most obvious.
  1. Boards
  2. Eragon
  3. What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?
  • Topic Archived