• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. F.E.A.R.
  3. Ammo Trick xbox360 and PS3

User Info: vallden

vallden
8 years ago#1
Not sure if this has already been posted (I searched the forums for ammo tricks with no result) or relevant due to F.E.A.R. 1&2 being so old. After playing F.E.A.R. 3 I wanted to play the first two. When I started playing I remembered an ammo trick I used to get extra ammo from fallen weapons. I decided to post it here in case someone wanted to go back and play the first two games.

This is for Xbox360 and PS3, I have not tested it on a PC. I assume PCs have some kind of software alteration to give them unlimited ammo.

F.E.A.R. 1
Want more ammo for your favorite weapon? Here is how it's done.
*This is not an Up,Down,Left,Right,A,B,A,B cheat. It requires a little effort.

When you pick up a weapon that is not in your inventory you get more ammo when it is picked up. I guess this is intended to give a player a boost in ammo for a weapon that they did not already have. This is were the ammo trick comes in. Make the weapon you want to use a fresh weapon every time you pick up ammo for it.

EXAMPLE:
You have weapon (A), (B), (C) in my inventory. Weapon (A) is your favorite weapon and you want to use it a lot. The problem is you only get a little ammo from pickups. If ;however, you make the fallen weapons like a fresh weapon, you will get more ammo from it. Bang, bang, bang, you win a fire fight and there are weapons laying all over the place. You notice your favorite weapon (A) is among them and you want more ammo for it. Look around for a weapon that you DO NOT have in your inventory (Weapon D). Trade weapon (A) for weapon (D). Find another weapon (A) swap it for weapon (D). Pick weapon (D) back up leaving weapon (A) were it was on the ground. Find another weapon (A) and repeat the process. Swap weapon (A) for (D) then pick weapon (D) back up leaving (A) behind. Once you run out of weapons to swap, pick weapon (A) back up and gather ammo for it from the other weapon (As) left behind. Now each weapon (A) you swapped and left on the ground will have more ammo in it. Instead of getting a few rounds from walking over it you will get roughly 3 clips of ammo (depends on the weapon). This does not work for weapons that are not dropped from an enemy.

F.E.A.R. 2
Works the exact same way but you can now carry four weapons, (A), (B), (C), and (D). You need to find a weapon (E) and repeat the same process.
  1. Boards
  2. F.E.A.R.
  3. Ammo Trick xbox360 and PS3
  • Topic Archived