• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. F.E.A.R.
  3. Scarriest game ever?

User Info: rolandofka

rolandofka
8 years ago#1
I'm a huge fan of horror games and I've never played this game, am I missing out? Would also like some recommendations for other games that have scarred the sh*t outta you as well. thanks.....
Hold on a second I'm comming up with something really clever to say.........

User Info: MRevelle83

MRevelle83
8 years ago#2
Scariest? Um... no. Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc. definitely beat this game, though it does have its moments.

I like this game a lot, but it's more or less your standard FPS fare with some horror elements, mostly in the form of the Japanese inspired "scary little girl with long hair staring at you" variety, though there IS more to it than that. It has a good plot and everything, and FEAR 2 expands upon it.

If you get this game, I suggest playing it with the volume turned up and play at night, as the horror doesn't hold up too well in the daylight, like say the movie Paranormal Activity (as well as any other 'scary little girl' horror, like the movie The Ring). Its just one of those things.

Plus this game is too quiet, as the story is told mostly through intel which includes messages on phones, which can be drowned out and hard to hear unless the volume is up.
www.academagia.com
  1. Boards
  2. F.E.A.R.
  3. Scarriest game ever?
  • Topic Archived