• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wheelman
  3. question about the gameplay?

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
9 years ago#1
can u save cars? is there alot to explore both on foot and in the car? is the map huge? i saw this game for 19 bucks at gamestop seems worth it maybe? i see there is DLC?
games..tiger woods 10,socom,nba live10,madden10,fight night,nfs shift,samuri 3,marvel alliance 2,demon soul,dragon ball z raging burst,.,.PSP-GO,thats

User Info: NPX190

NPX190
9 years ago#2

First of all, if you found this game for for $15 instead of $50, I would take it. Unfortunately, I paid $29.99 for it. This game is relatively new, and worth it. When you see the title of this game, based on a movie that has not happened, you do think of the Driver series. He is undercover here. Now before anyone says, they copied off Driver! Ubisoft did in fact release a Driver game on the Wii. Once you start the game, its instant action. As you proceed, they then give you more abilities. You can free drive too, as it is a massively open world that I was not expecting to be so huge, but as with the abilities, you have to progress through the main story missions to proceed. The have massive road construction, and road blocks blocking the locked areas. There seems to be plenty to do though, like GTA, there is side missions Vin Diesel can do. An example is the crazy taxi missions on the side.

This game is NOT a GTA clone. There are some interesting driving styles that you couldn't pull off in GTA or Need for Speed, or any other pursuit driven driving game that makes this game interesting. You can steal another car by jumping out of your own and directly into another moving car from the air, hence the name airjacking. While being pursuited, you can sideswipe attack cops, or gansters by slam-n-ram. The car will actually quickly ram sideways while your driving straight. Unlike any other driving game I've seen, you actually can get out of the way of approaching vehicles at the last minute because of the very quick sideway maneuvering control. Thats very original, and very cool, but most importantly, very convienent.

However, because its Midway made, the graphics don't push the limits of the Havoc engine like it could, the traffic lights don't work, which is stupid, because the last time Midway made a free roaming driving enviornment on last gen consoles, they had them in that game. They did a good job on the cars though, but again, considering in the past Midway was able to have more liscenced rides, there is a lot less of that here, but then again, how often do we see real cars in GTA for that matter? It would look like you cannot keep your cars anywhere. There appears to be garages and weapon cache's, but it does not look like he can keep his rides so far. It seems though, unlike GTA you can start a new mission from you GPS, so long as your not being pursuited in free roam.

In the end though, this game is worth it.

1. Boards
  2. Wheelman
  3. question about the gameplay?
  • Topic Archived