• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  3. Unknown Error while launching the game

User Info: ThatGuyCody

ThatGuyCody
10 years ago#1
That's right, Unknown Error! I just picked up my copy of FEAR 2 today at my local EB games while I was at work and couldn't wait to come home and play it. BUT! that's right you guessed it! I have a problem. Once the installation finished I tried to fire it up, my steam said it was updating. It took about 5 seconds to up date and then it appeared that the game was loading when I heard the oh-so familiar "ding". When I minimized the black screen I got an error saying "Failed to initialize client - Unknown Error" I know, very helpful eh? Has anyone else had problems with the same error? I've also read a few posts about deleting the videos but I didn't see anyone mention anything about a connection to it with this error. Any help would be great, I want to play my new game QQ

User Info: rob316gold2

rob316gold2
10 years ago#2
you said that it was loading through steam? that there is the problem. The steam client for fear 2 has not been released yet. that will be released on the 12TH
  1. Boards
  2. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  3. Unknown Error while launching the game
  • Topic Archived