• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. stainless steel 6.3

User Info: vas7

vas7
7 years ago#1
I installed Stainless Steel 6.3 perfectly but when i press to enter the game, it says insert disk kingdoms or sth... I don't know what tod o! Help!

User Info: PapaRosario23

PapaRosario23
7 years ago#2
Do you have kingdoms? Also, post this on the ss forums.
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.

vas7
7 years ago#3
It's ok now i solved it... I also updated to 6.4. But, I must say I didn't like it... It is clearly not sth to enjoy...:S It takes an eternity to load each turn (it's due to the huge amount of data). It's clearly frustrating. Also, even though the map is triple the size of the regular m2tw map, there are no clear improvements on graphics detail.....:( :/

PapaRosario23
7 years ago#4
The amount of data doesn't have anything to do with it really. The reason for the long turn times are the large amount of heavy scripts. You can take out the scripts you don't really need, such as the one telling you whenever a faction leader dies. I took out the scripts I didn't need and it reduced my turn times by about half.

Also, you can set it up to be in borderless windowed mode. That way you can instantly alt tab and do other stuff during turns.
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.

vas7
7 years ago#5
How can I do that? (take out scripts I don't need):/

PapaRosario23
7 years ago#6
Go to SS/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

There is a file called campaign_scripts. Most of the scripts are in big blocks that explain what they do. Delete the ones you don't want. There's two things to remember when doing this:
1. Make a backup of your original SS campaign_script file in case you screw up.
2. Any files in the world folder and all of its subfolders are not save game compatible. So the changes you make will not take effect until you start a new campaign.

vas7
7 years ago#7
Ok I'll try it! Thanks!

vas7
7 years ago#8
I did the modifications, it's alright now.. The only thing that is still anoying is that the game crashes... and it crashes often... Is there sth to do, or I must live with it?

PapaRosario23
7 years ago#9
That shouldn't happen. Post your SS error log on the SS forums and they will help you out.

vas7
7 years ago#10
How can I modify scripts in late era camp in order not to wait long for each turn to load? It is different than the early camp...:/
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. stainless steel 6.3
  • Topic Archived