• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Those goddamn Mongorians attacking my s***ty wall.

User Info: _SenorCardgage_

_SenorCardgage_
7 years ago#1
Had Egypt on their heels, and suddenly had to have all my armies disengage and defend the homeland because a bajillion Mongolians showed up.

EVERY GOD DAMN TIME.!
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/strongbadandsenor.png
Alonzo Mourning, would you like to say hellote to my tackle box?

User Info: PapaRosario23

PapaRosario23
7 years ago#2
Play as a Western European faction. Mongolians and Timurids never make it past Russia/Turks. Or at least in Stainless Steel they don't. Not sure about vanilla.
Math is a well known liberal bias.

User Info: pinkpantherfan5

pinkpantherfan5
7 years ago#3
in my campaign on vanilla they managed to make egypt and the turks their vassals..
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark

User Info: _SenorCardgage_

_SenorCardgage_
7 years ago#4

Play as a Western European faction. Mongolians and Timurids never make it past Russia/Turks. Or at least in Stainless Steel they don't. Not sure about vanilla.

I was playing the Jerusalem campaign on Kingdoms. They just ran through, sacked Damascus, and left it unruled in like 2 turns and then laid seige to Acre. So I had to march my 5 armies that were moving on Cario all they way up to Israel and take care of 'em, caused me to loose a city in the Sinai too.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/strongbadandsenor.png
Alonzo Mourning, would you like to say hellote to my tackle box?

User Info: jakezing33

jakezing33
7 years ago#5
PapaRosario23 posted...

depends on how fate goes, they can punch a hole into what was the HRE (ussualy repalced by venice, poland and denmark)

once i was egypt and was using money cheats to keep paying them 50k a turn

was quite fun in that a good chunk of europe east of the rhine became mongol
xbox live: ssteiner209
steam: Jakezing

User Info: TheProeliator

TheProeliator
7 years ago#6
The Timurids, at least, can be a huge pain if you leave them alone. I saw a post on the total war forums from a guy who had decided to leave them alone. they ended up conquering all of Europe, leaving him stuck in America. All because he did not kill them early on.

User Info: funguy2233

funguy2233
7 years ago#7
TheProeliator posted...
The Timurids, at least, can be a huge pain if you leave them alone. I saw a post on the total war forums from a guy who had decided to leave them alone. they ended up conquering all of Europe, leaving him stuck in America. All because he did not kill them early on.

I had a game where I played on VH/VH with Portugal and they took most of Eastern Europe.

I thought they would be stopped and controlled by other factions but by the time I saw them they were in Germany and I had to fight them for a long time to crush them. The only reason I even managed to contain them was because I was able to withstand siege after siege in Egypt and keep them off of North Africa.

At that point the best way to fight them is to take only the citadels and just withstand their sieges. Without citadels their reinforcements will have to come from further away and then their cities will fall easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH-uTQbxCk

User Info: GeneralCortez

GeneralCortez
7 years ago#8
In a playthrough as the Holy Roman Empire in Vanilla, the Mongols killed Russia and a large part of Poland

But yeah, the Hordes are some bad ****. Luckily in Stainless Steel they dont do too much. Mess up the Kwarezamians, the Turks, and the Cuman Khanate, but not much else. Only time I had trouble with them was during my Denmark Campaign, and I had a colony in the Crimea
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]

User Info: Colonists

Colonists
7 years ago#9
or u can modify the descr_strat file. Change the the timescale to something lower like 1.0 or 0.5. In thsi way, the the year passes on much slower and hence u have more turns to win the campaign which also means the Mongols or Timurids would show up at a much later turn.

typically, the file is located in:
C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

the change u made will only take effect if u start a new campaign.

User Info: oldmanpoo64

oldmanpoo64
7 years ago#10
In a vanilla VH/VH campaign as the Papal States, the Timurids conquered all of the middle east, wiped out Russia, and conquered all territory north and east of Greece. They had so many stacks of elephant artillery (which require zero upkeep, despite being the strongest units in the game!) it was ridiculous. I didn't want to deal with that nonsense on the battlefield.

At the point when they surpassed me as the dominant military power in the game, what with all their free upkeep units and all, I sent my legion of level 10 assassins, spies, and Inquisitors to find and kill off every Timurid family member, effectively wiping out the faction and leaving half the world as rebels. Having the Assassins Guild Headquarters in Venice came in handy.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Those goddamn Mongorians attacking my s***ty wall.
  • Topic Archived