• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Can't install M2TW due to previous uninstall error

User Info: shane32Ei

shane32Ei
10 years ago#1
I went to install M2TW other day after having uninstalled it months ago, It told me my PC already had 1.03 M2TW installed and was a newer version and I was to exit setup. I messed around but it just won't let me install. I done control panel add/remove but when i go to unistall M2TW(which is 9mb obviously it didnt uninstall proper last time) The setup wont load and I cant uninstall what is there, i searched progam files and my documents and not a trace of my old M2TW installation.

Im went into safe mode and searched for it but just cant find anything, do i need to regedit and delete any sega/M2TW entries ow what?

Its driving me mad, as Im gagging to play it, but cant install the damn thing.

Thanks...

(FYI I have XP)

User Info: Nickaw

Nickaw
10 years ago#2
2 things you can try.

1 Go to Program Files and delete the entire Sega folder. Then reinstall.

2.Put the disk in the drive, and go to My Computer. Right click on the E: drive and select open. From there, double click on setup.exe, and use that to uninstall it. Then reinstall.

Number 2 is what I did to fix Oblivion when it messed up on me. Try #2 if deleting the folder doesn't work.
Saying a game is longer than Halo 3 is like saying your ***** is longer than that of a prepubescent kid.-Mathieu21
Friend Code in quote.

User Info: ziegd

ziegd
10 years ago#3
If it's saying you already have 1.03 installed, then I'm guessing there's a remnant of the 1.03 patch somewhere on your machine. Try doing a key-word file search of your HD and find it, then delete it.

User Info: Lonelynight

Lonelynight
10 years ago#4
If all else fails, reformat your PC
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Can't install M2TW due to previous uninstall error
  • Topic Archived