• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Trek: Tactical Assault
  3. USS Calcius (Counterstrike)

User Info: d-lysergic_acid

d-lysergic_acid
12 years ago#1

anyone know if the USS Calcius is supposed to get destroyed on Mission 10: Counterstrike?

i'm talking about the mission where you're commanding the Polaris, which has been equipped with a stolen Romulan cloaking device instead of shield regenerator, and you're leading the USS Sutherland and USS Calcius to go attack a Klingon base where they've been staging their raids from. before attacking the base you have to first destroy a Klingon patrol, and during that attack the Calcius was destroyed. i'm just wondering if that is a planned events, or if you can beat the mission without that happening and receive more crew upgrade points.

User Info: fibseq

fibseq
12 years ago#2
nvm, i guess there is a way to beat that mission without losing any ships. i did it by having the USS Sutherland go on an all out attack, but telling the USS Calcius to pull back and defend the USS Polaris (my starship). once the Calcius and Polaris caught up to the Sutherland, i tried to keep all 3 ships grouped together tightly. it took a few tries, but eventually i was able to defeat the Klingon Patrol without losing either ships.

also, regarding Mission 13: Peace Treaty, despite what's written in the FAQ by startrekie24, you can fight off the Romulans long enough to teleport the ambassador onto the USS Jefferson before his vessel explodes. this will earn you 2 crew upgrade points instead of just one.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Trek: Tactical Assault
  3. USS Calcius (Counterstrike)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A