• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ever17: Out of Infinity
  3. Ever17 Xbox 360 Playthrough (End-game spoilers)

User Info: ShadowBlackMage

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#1
All right, here's where I'll post my playthrough of the Xbox 360 version. Please note that the following posts are intended to be read by those who have already finished the PC version, so if you haven't finished the game yet, THEN TURN BACK!

Anyway, here are the changes up to Choice #1:

-Karma is still the title screen. We see a side view of one of LeMU's levels rather than the whole thing.
-Overall, nearly all the text has been rewritten to accomodate for the new progression of events.
-Rather than Takeshi's "So traquil" monologue, the game opens with him reading a pamplet about LeMU. Like the manga, we see Takeshi's friends, Suzuki and Satou (who Takeshi humorously calls "Friend A" and "Friend B"). Suzuki was the one who invited him and got the tickets. Takeshi retorts that the only reason he was invited was because he couldn't get Sayaka (a girl who Suzuki likes) to come with him.
-Takeshi sees Tsugumi on the boat as well, in her MyunMyun costume.
-Bizarrely, the "Where is Heaven?" plate has been replaced with a stone with fake hieroglyphics carved into it. On it, Takeshi sees Coco's carving- six people with two animals. He dismisses it as a kid's prank.
-Cue Tsugumi-Coco-Pipi CG. You can hear Tsugumi grunting in frustration rather than asking Takeshi to get Coco off.
-No perspective switch occurs between Takeshi and Hokuto.
-Like the manga, Takeshi gets distracted by them too long, and so is stuck right in front of the elevator down to LeMU while his friends get on. A staff member (who is probably Sora, as that voice sounds a lot like Hiroko Kasahara) tells him to wait.
-The elevator is standing, like the original game, but now has some holograms in order to show the guests while they wait.
-First time seeing Coco in 3D... it'll take time getting used to, but it's not so bad that I want to barf.
-Sora's dialogue is virtually unchanged, but she explains the attractions of the park. There's a new one on Ersteboden that has a restaraunt and a view of underwater through glass windows.
-Coco asks Takeshi the same way, though he notably whispers to her this time around.
-Fortunately, all the voice actors sound virtually the same as they did nine years ago.
Support the petition for a localization of Ever17 Xbox 360 version!
http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/1101

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#2
-Coco's joke is unchanged.
-When Takeshi takes off his earphones to test the "sounding like a duck", Takeshi's voice also becomes high-pitched. (Oddly enough, Takeshi's the one who sounds like he's on helium). Also, rather than tell her to repeat the joke, he just tells her to also take off her earphones, and they both have a laugh.
-Perspective switch to Hokuto.
"White, white, white, white. Everything I see is white. White, white, white, white... I tried thinking of something. But that was immediately sunk into the white, disappearing. White, white, white, white, white. Just what am I thinking right now? Reality slowly starts to fade. White, white, white, white, white. My blank thoughts are beginning to fade away. Very soon, very soon, very soon... I can feel something approaching."
-Hokuto awakens to You- GAH! Horrible 3D! There's also no attempt at lip-synch.
-Rather than being confused, Hokuto seems colder, asking You"aki" if she's the one he's been waiting for. He then realizes soon that he can't remember who he was waiting for. After telling him to ask a staff member for help if he doesn't feel well, You leaves. Hokuto then spots Sara (at the pool).
-He loses her at the elevators in a crowd of people. While walking back into the hallways, he comes across 2034 Kaburaki.
-Perspective switch. In the same hallway, Takeshi sees 2017 Kaburaki, but doesn't ask him about his friends, as Kaburaki is running, so he figures Kaburaki wouldn't know anyway. He goes looking for Suzuki and Satou. He runs all over the park, but doesn't find them. Exhausted, he sits down by the pool. When he catches his breath, he decides to make a call for Suzuki and Satou.
-He comes across You"haru", and tries asking her. However, seeing how exhausted he is, she assumes he's ill, and starts panicking, thinking to call a medical team for him. Takeshi tries to tell her he just wants to call the lost child center, but she assumes his mind's in a daze from whatever illness he has. He then ditches her.
-When trying to find the center, he passes Coco, who is trying to tell Kaburaki her joke.
-He then literally bumps into MyunMyun Tsugumi (the controller rumbled when they made impact). He then tries fooling with her, and she delivers a punch to him. Takeshi is determined to get revenge.
-Perspective shift. Hokuto has lost sight of Sara. Suddenly, someone with an unfamiliar voice tells him to come with her. He turns around, and sees MyunMyun. (This is odd... Tsugumi's voice sounds completely different here,.) He then is taken to the locker room (which Hokuto can't even remember what it is).
-Darkness. Once we regain view, we actually see Hokuto looking through the MyunMyun head, rather than getting a complete view. He says he can smell something good from the costume.
-Perspective switch. Takeshi is running around, looking for MyunMyun. He finds it, and proceeds to land a drop kick on it. You comes over, chews Takeshi out, and takes off the head, revealing Kaburaki, leaving Takeshi confused. You asks Takeshi to help her take him to the Infirmary.
-Perspective switch. Hokuto repeats his inner monologue from earlier.
-How many beds did the Infirmary have in the original? Here, I just see one bed and one LMRI. You doesn't know that Takeshi was the one who knocked Kaburaki down, so she thanks him for his help.
-Upon exiting the hallway, he comes across Tsugumi. He then decides to follow her. Choice time.

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#3
-Disappointed in how different Tsugumi sounds here. Yuu Asakawa's deep voiced Tsugumi was much better than this.
-The two viewpoints coverge.
"Everything is before me. Everything is in between meetings and partings. For the result that is to be born after this. For the spell that is to be cast after this. For the sake of meeting you after this. For the sake of me (boku) finding you after this. For the sake of me (boku) being born after this. After this-"
(I think this a reference to each route "For the result that is to be born" is probably a reference to Hokuto and Sara, so Tsugumi, "For the spell" probably refers to the Miracle of Aphrodite, "For the sake of meeting you" is probably Hokuto meeting you, "For the sake of me (boku) finding you" probably refers to Hokuto finding Sara. The last one probably refers to Hokuto... I think.)
-LeMU starts shaking, flashing red. The hallway doors shut tightly. The Tsugumi elevator CG is used, but with the background repainted to look like the hallway. The hallways starts flooding (using the same movie from the PC version... sheesh, you think they could have updated that on an Xbox 360). Takeshi freaks out, and starts trying to pry the thick metal door open, to no avail.
-Perspective switch. Darkness. We hear the blowing of the wind. More about the white world. Everything fades into white.
-The viewpoints converge. BW's consciousness is sinking into endless darkness.
-Without a choice, the game automatically shifts to Takeshi's perspective, the textbox turning blue. Achiecement unlocked: Releasing the First Eye.
-Like the original, Takeshi isn't voiced anymore.

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#4
-The hallway is flooding. We can see 3D water on the floor. Takeshi tells Tsugumi they need to get out of there. Tsugumi manages to find the lock and panel, and uses a screwdriver to fool with them and the pipes. By doing so, she manages to open the door.
-Takeshi follows Tsugumi, and he asks if she knows the place well. Her response is pretty much "Just shut up and follow me." They see a sign written in German, which Tsugumi translates to "escape pod". They enter the now dark hallways of LeMU, and walk through them. Takeshi is much more accepting of the fact that everyone is gone in this version. The two go out to the glass dome.
-They spot Sora. She speaks her cryptic words, but this time, all three of them are like "What the hell is she talking about?" Tsugumi begins questioning Sora. The dome then shatters, flooding the entire room. To my disappointment "Kopfsprung" plays instead of "IBF Notfall". The three safely seal themselves away.
-Sora and Tsugumi note that there's no longer any way to reach the escape pods. Takeshi starts yelling, saying that there should be more ways to escape than that. Choice time.

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#5
-Takeshi feels this place isn't safe. Just then, Tsugumi asks him "how long do you plan on keep holding my hand?" Takeshi complies, only to find that he's trembling in fear. He curses his weakness. He suddenly hears a voice saying "Yeah, I do want to run away!"
-Tsugumi and Sora discuss other escape methods, which are all flooded off. Tsugumi decides they have to check all of them to confirm. Takeshi hardens his resolve, and all three head off. The elevators are out of commission.
-The lights are still off. Takeshi mentions this, and Sora then turns them back on. Takeshi wonders how she did that. While walking to the other pod site, Tsugumi hears someone. Ahead, they find Coco, You, and Kaburaki standing in a hallway, talking with each other. Pipi spots Takeshi's group.
-Sora and You talk, the latter who mentions the network is still rebooting. Incidentally, they throw around some German terms that weren't in the original, but they appear to be the names of the domes. You mentions the pods that Takeshi's group were headed to are all gone already. They decide to head for the Control Room to get a grasp of the full situation.
-Don't like 3D Kaburaki- his default expression looks more depressed than confused.
-You tells Takeshi that Kaburaki is still down, and therefore asks Takeshi if he can cheer Kaburaki up. Takeshi greets Kaburaki as "Kid" right off the bat, but Kaburaki pays no attention to him, still down. He then asks Coco to tell Kaburaki a joke. This finally gets to Kaburaki, and he starts laughing.
-As they travel through the red hallways, Kaburaki shouts as he sees rushing water. They all start running. The shut the doors, sealing the water. They talk about finding another way to the Control Room, but Kaburaki starts freaking out, saying about how he doesn't want to be here and "I can see it... scarier things will happen." Takeshi keeps urging him onwards, telling him he's scared too, but they can't give up. Kaburaki calms down.
-Sora suggests they head to the Staff Room first, where there are drinks and showers. Suddenly, they hear water rushing from above them, but Kaburaki can't move. Takeshi takes Kaburaki's hand, and they run out.
(I will admit one thing I like a bit better in this version is that Takeshi is doing more in this version for Kaburaki. In the original, I understood that Kaburaki looked up to Takeshi, but it didn't seem like he did anything for Kaburaki in particular to gain that. This makes it feel a bit more logical for Kaburaki to see Takeshi as a role model.)
-They enter a dark hallway. Takeshi notices he doesn't see Sora anywhere. You turns on the lights from a panel, and Sora reappears when Takeshi looks around. Takeshi dismisses it as his imagination from nerves. They finally reach the Control Room.

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#6
-Control Room is a lot bigger in this version.
-Sora's explanation is pretty much the same, though she explains some of the escape craft, such as the escape pods and something called a "bubble jet", which uses gas to rise to the surface. She also confirms there's no escape pods left, and that the SOS apparently isn't reaching. She confirms the have 170 hours, 17 minutes left. She explains this is because the main shaft will crumble then and destroy all the buildings inside. Everyone is grim at this announcement.
-Takeshi suggests swimming out of there. Everyone gives him the "are you an idiot" look, and upon You's request, Sora explains why that's impossible, as the pressure would get to him, and if he wanted to get out without getting the bends, it would take 34 minutes for him to swim out.
-Takeshi then tries to think of another escape method. He suddenly finds the pamphlet in his pocket. He suddenly finds the Cosmic Whale in his pamplet, which in this version is a submersible attraction. They bring it op on the monitor.
-The Cosmic Whale looks completely different. Rather than a starry room with a giant whale, it looks more like an underwater cavern, with a grey sub in the water. Sora confirms they can escape with it, and the route is open, with the exception of the elevators. However, they'll have to wait until 9:00 tomorrow for all of the pumping in that area to be done.
-Wondering what else is important to do until then, You suggests doing a life scan search. She does so, and confirms six: Takeshi, Tsugumi, Sora, You, Kaburaki, and Coco. Takeshi is confused as to why the scan didn't pick up Pipi (Chami must be the 6th).
-Suddenly, Kaburaki notices the Life Readings number is at 8. It then goes to 7, then 6, then 8, then 7, then 6. Kaburaki wonders if someone else is there, and suggests they look for them, but the others say there's probably no one else, and maybe someone got swept up in the water. You then suggests "Maybe it's a ghost?" She then says they should just relax for now.
-The staff room, which looked more like a conference room in the original, now looks a lot more like a lounge- there's four couches, three benches, and a vending machine, along with a large window showing the outside.
-Takeshi notes there's no coin slot for the vending machines. Sora explains you need a LeMU Card to use them. Coco pulls out a rainbow colored card (a Platinum Gold Rainbow Pass, according to Sora), which is apparently a VIP card. Takeshi wonders how the hell she got one. Coco gets everyone snacks and drinks.
-You finally introduces herself, though she doesn't bother saying her full first name at first, but when she gives a proper introduction, she does (though Takeshi asks her to repeat her name again). Coco introduces herself, and when Coco reveals her age, Takeshi shoots his drink out his nose. They finally get Tsugumi's name, and she stands up to leave. Choice time!

User Info: kirbymuncher

kirbymuncher
7 years ago#7
Without a choice, the game automatically shifts to Takeshi's perspective,

You mean there's no way to take the other route on your first playthrough?

I can understand why they did it, but it doesn't seem like good enough of a reason to make such a major change from the first version
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#8
-Coco is a little worried about Tsugumi's safety, but Sora assures her they can find her at any time with the life scan. You then prompts Sora to introduce herself, which surprises Sora, who asks "Is that all right?"
-Sora than introduces herself as the "interface between humans and machines", causing Takeshi to go "Wha..." Choice.
-Coco then asks Kaburaki to introduce himself. Naturally, he can't remember. You, who already knew this, explains he lost his memory before the incident. Takeshi then worries that it was his drop kick to Kaburaki that caused his amnesia, but You says it must be something mental, as he had no wounds or trauma.
-Sora suggests they sleep in the decompression room. You says she wants to take a shower first and do laundry (well, that's an improvement over the original in hygiene... on a tangent, I've always be curious what they did in R11 when they needed to take a dump or something).
-While You's doing that, Takeshi and Kaburaki talk, Takeshi giving the latter a notepad. Kaburaki asks him what year it is, but Takeshi is able to remember it's 2017 without his ticket. Also like the original, Takeshi jokes that he looks 42. Kaburaki mentions he doesn't remember his own face, and so Takeshi suggests looking in a mirror.
-Just then, You storms out, asking Takeshi if he looked in her open bag, where he got the notepad from. She chews him out, and punches him. Later, Coco comes, and says she's sleepy. Everyone agrees to go to sleep, but Takeshi remembers Tsugumi, and says "Not yet." He's still concerned about Tsugumi, so he decides to wait for her. As soon as everyone else leaves, Tsugumi enters.
-Takeshi tries talking to her, but she unleashes the "kuu" of her "kuudere", and goes to take a shower. He suggests she come sleep with them in the decompression room, saying it's safe, but she mutters, "there's no safe place..." and goes in the shower. Takeshi goes to the decompression room.
-He meets up with You, they have a brief conversation, then they go to sleep. That night, Takeshi hears Coco talking (her first conversation with Hokuto in 2034). Takeshi interrupts, thinking she's talking to Kaburaki, but when he realize she isn't he tells her to go to sleep.
-Takeshi goes to sleep, but awakens to the sound of groaning metal. When he continues to hear it, he wonders about Tsugumi and Sora. Choice time.

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#9
-Takeshi wonders where Tsugumi could have gone, but he decides to go back to sleep.
-Day 2
-When Takeshi wakes up, the others are gone. He has slept about 7 1/2 hours. He briefly wonders about the safety of Suzuki and Satou, and decides to get up. He then washes his face.
-He goes out to the hallway, and greets Coco, who giggles at him. Even Pipi laughs. He then goes to the Staff Room, where You (whose changed her clothes) and Sora are. Sora says "your face is strange". He thinks she means his expression looks weird because he has a tired and uneasy expression, so he tells her "my face is always like this in the morning". You starts giggling as a result.
-Takeshi still doesn't get it, and You is struggling to talk through laughter. Tsugumi is still nowhere to be found. However, as Takeshi doesn't have a LeMU Card, all he can do is get drinks. He complains about how he'd kill for meat. Sora tells him about a food stand in Zweitestock. Noting that the pumping should be done soon, Sora goes to get Tsugumi, while Kaburaki goes to get Coco. Takeshi notes Kaburaki was also laughing at him.
-Takeshi and You are left alone, and they discuss about what the hell could be taking a search party so long. Takeshi wonders if a typhoon destroyed Insel Null, but You says it's impossible, as it's anchored. Kaburaki arrives with Coco, both who laugh at Takeshi.
-Just then, LeMU rocks, and the blackout occurs. Coco goes "Yaay", but Kaburaki starts screaming, freaking out again. Takeshi holds Kaburaki in his arms to calm him down. The emergency lights then turn on. You says they should head for the infirmary.
-Takeshi gets worried about Tsugumi, since he hasn't seen her all day, and decides to go look for her. To calm down Kaburaki down, Takeshi gives him a Kamina Pep Talk (TM), telling him since he's a guy, he has to protect those in front of him.
-You gives him a Master Keycard, which will open most doors. Takeshi says that he'll find Sora and Tsugumi, but before You can tell him about Sora, he leaves. He finds Tsugumi in a hallway, who tells him to let her in the Control Room with the Master Keycard. Choice time.

ShadowBlackMage
7 years ago#10
-Takeshi complies. The computers can run on emergency power, but the system's completely shut down. She plots the course to the generator. She asks Takeshi if he'll accompany her, saying "No matter what... I... need you..." Choice time.
-Takeshi's reluctant, but she begs him more, saying "I can't do it without anyone but you.. please." He caves in. It then turns out she invited him to carry the toolbox she's bringing along. She explains that they'll use the EI elevators to get there.
-In the elevator, Takeshi realizes she 'needed' him as extra weight. Tsugumi uses the blowtorch to sink the elevator. As water starts to fill the elevator, Tsugumi asks "do you know the Archimedes Principle"?
-The elevator reaches the bottom. Unlike the original, Tsugumi is completely in control here, and opens the elevator doors. When she sees his face, she laughs. She then wipes the scribbles off his face.
-The discussion outside the generator is pretty much the same. When they go to shut the steam off, the room they need to enter requires the Master Keycard to open, the other reason Tsugumi needed Takeshi. She fixes the pipes, and the return to the generator. She then starts walking off. Choice time.
-Takeshi decides to follow her. They look at the door to the Cosmic Whale, but it won't open due to the blackout. It turns out that the warehouse with the pipes is located next to the generator room now, and Tsugumi fools with the pipes to help with the generator.
-Power comes back on. They don't do the "17 second countdown" thing. They return upstairs, and go to the Staff Room again, where the others are. Everyone thanks Tsugumi for fixing the generator.
-Takeshi passes everyone drinks. Like the original, the can flies straight through Sora. She introduces her self as AI Program LM-QS16. The RSD retinal scan system is replaced with the "Mirage" system. Rather than reading off people's eyes and displaying Sora, it reads off people's eyes and sends electrical signals to their brain, which allow them to see things that aren't actually there.
-One of the things I'm NOT enjoying is that I don't really like how the remake is portraying Tsugumi. Not even her personality is right! That is to say, it misses out on a lot of the subtler parts of her character and she's not even that aggressive, just avoiding of other people. I hope they don't mess her later moments up...
  1. Boards
  2. Ever17: Out of Infinity
  3. Ever17 Xbox 360 Playthrough (End-game spoilers)
  • Topic Archived